Anyone use these rounds

Never tried'em, too pricey for my budget.

I buy in bulk and like it cheap.

Products on order @ SGAmmo: 1 x 250rds - 12 gauge Centurion 1 1/8 oz Slug 2.75 inch 1400 FPS - $79.75

SKU: ac12rs-250

1 x 250rd - 12 Gauge RIO High Power 00 Buckshot 9 pellet - $109.00

SKU: RB129-250

Have any of you guys run these through your S-12?

PDX1 12

They run, and they patterned OK for me out of my S12.. but not substantially better than Centurion multi-defense buck&ball, which is cheaper. I also prefer the fact that the Centurion hulls are white, and not black. I like my ammo to be clearly visible.

My defense load is just plain old buckshot. I like Hornady TAP 8-pellet buck. Patterns nice, and shoots a bit softer than most stuff I've tried.. makes second-shot recovery nice and fast in case there are two or more bad guys.

My defense load is just plain old buckshot. I like Hornady TAP 8-pellet buck. Patterns nice, and shoots a bit softer than most stuff I've tried.. makes second-shot recovery nice and fast in case there are two or more bad guys.

That Hornady is not "plain old buckshot." It uses the Winchester flight control wad, which works better than anything else out there as far as keeping your pattern dense. At 10 yards with no choke, it looks like someone punched a hole through the target with their fist.

Great stuff. That, and the Winchester LE132, which is basically the same stuff.

http://www.sgammo.com/product/federal/250rd-12-gauge-le13200-low-recoil-buckshot

you had no issues with that RIO?

Nope, no issues with RIO's High Power 00, cycles in my S12 just fine.

Then again, my S12 cycles even the Wally World Winchester bulk just fine. :haha:

I ran the stuff through my S12 after I first got it and It runs really good. I have a friend who runs a gun smithing shop and wanted to know how it worked so he could sell it. I got to put it through an 870 and my S12. It patterns alright at 15yrds and the slug is dead on further out. It also went straight through a piece of stump that was about 7in thick. With that said, it is, as already noted, quite pricey and i would rather just shoot slugs instead of this because of the price. As a side note this is also not a defensive load, it was designed for offensive purposes, if you were to use this indoors it would definitely over penetrate and pass through multiple walls into a neighbors house.

I have a box just for the hell of it.

Same here. The only time I loaded one up was to blast a coon, but the bastard hid behind my lawnmower then disappeared into the night.

Well, heck if you had some of them there over penetrator rounds you could have blasted thru the lawn mower and got that coon. :unsure:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

These are some of the first rounds ever shot through my S12, being completely unmodified fresh from the box they shot perfectly fine. Definitly felt the sting of the recoil. Was shooting at a silhoutte target at 25 yards and the pattern was a recognizable 12" diameter with 3 small holes in a triangular fashion with the larger one in the center. Not all of the rounds patterned this way but most of them did. After seeing the devestation done to the 4x4 holding up the target I decided to save 4 of em and load the 5 rounder up with 2 of these rounds sandwiching a normal winchester 00 Buck for my home defender magazine. Way pricey but well worth it if an intruder decides to take cover somewhere.