Pix of th BHO dental-floss trick???

I assume this is just pulling the spring up and onto the BHO nub after they are both installed and held in place by the pin? That was the only way I could figure out how to get mine in, after messing with it for like an hour I did it this way with a pair of needle nosed or similar, but pre-flossing sound like it would have worked fairly well.

Heard of it, but don't know anything about it.

BHO install is a pita, so if anyone has a pic or instructions, much appreciated.

It's a royal pain in the ass.

If you want the utmost reliability from a weapon with a BHO, first notch your BHO ear so the spring doesn't keep falling off during installation, or worse, while firing;

Untitled-5.jpg

Then get a pair of hemostats or fine needle nose & that is the easiest way.

I prefer my hemostats personally because they lock & I don't drop the spring end before I place it.

imagesqtbnANd9GcRltrDS9iAu-fUWgh5N_I_V7uyZmH48lq2a58IfAKqQb2ZvD-fohQ.jpgimagesqtbnANd9GcQKe4NM73BAXyyp4_J7gAeZtVfQVU6te6e6BYytZif8WXtdRbyA-Q.jpg

I use my hemostats for grabbing all my springs, & positioning many tiny parts.

They double for use as a punch to manually push axis pins out too.

They're GREAT for holding the top of the coil while pushing it down as you insert the trigger's axis pin through it to secure.

They're like my third set of fingers.

No hooking anything, just reach, grab, lift & place. :up:

• Like 1

Heard of it, but don't know anything about it.

BHO install is a pita, so if anyone has a pic or instructions, much appreciated.

I'm not doing pics, but the idea is pretty simple.....

You need about a 2ft. piece of floss, not the ribbon kind that curls up, the regular waxed stuff is good.

There are a couple ways to do this, but I prefer putting everything (FCG) together first with the BHO plate sticking straight up in the air. It's easy to get the axis pin through the BHO spring loop if you are not trying to put the leg of the spring on the BHO plate at the same time (spring under tension).

So I'm assuming here you have everything installed including retainer plate (if present) and the safety lever and you are just trying to get the BHO spring on it's perch on the BHO plate as the last step.

Again, BHO plate sticking straight up, position the leg of the BHO spring so it's about centered in the BHO slot in the receiver. Turn over the gun so you are looking at the bottom of the receiver and you can see the BHO spring leg centered in the slot.

Take one end of the floss and run it past one side of the spring leg through the slot and fish it through the receiver so it's hanging down. Take the other end of the floss and put it on the other side of the spring leg through the slot. The floss is now looped around the BHO spring leg, and both floss ends are hanging down through the receiver. Flip over the gun and drape the floss ends over the side of the receiver.

Push/pivot the BHO plate into it's correct position. The floss should now be between the BHO plate and the inside receiver wall. Using the floss, carefully pull the spring leg up and into place on the perch of the BHO plate. Once it's seated correctly, drop one end of the floss and slowly pull it out of the gun.

That's it. Really easy once you've done it a time or two.

There is also a method to use the floss to pull the loop of the BHO spring down into place while it's under tension so you can get the axis pin through the loop. That is more difficult though and if the spring slips off of the plate you have to start all over again. The above way is much easier.

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 1

People lose way too much sleep over this. BITD the floss trick was a good idea, but there's a much easier method that I use. All you have to do is put the spring down in there first by itself, push it down and install the trigger assy and pin (with the BHO pulled up out of the way)...then just rotate the BHO down last and use a dental pick to grab the spring leg and snap it up over the BHO tab that holds it.

• Like 3

People lose way too much sleep over this. BITD the floss trick was a good idea, but there's a much easier method that I use. All you have to do is put the spring down in there first by itself, push it down and install the trigger assy and pin (with the BHO pulled up out of the way)...then just rotate the BHO down last and use a dental pick to grab the spring leg and snap it up over the BHO tab that holds it.

Yep, exactly the same idea.... I just don't have a decent dental pick so my tool of choice is the floss. :)

Excellent! Finally I found someone that did it the same way I did, and I was wondering why alot of people haven't gone over this. The way Cobra is explaining it is way easier than any other method I've seen people try. I actually just used a pair of needle nose pliers to pull it over the BHO. You have alot more room with the BHO out of the way.

• Like 1

You know this would be a great idea for a Saiga Get-together Contest! To see who could install a BHO back in a Dissembled Saiga 12 the fastest! :D I think that I might just put my money on Cobra!

I am going to the next Knob Creek, how many will be there?

Edited by Azrial