Remington 870 Express Pump Release Extension

Is there some sort of extension for sale so that this is not out of my reach? It is very awkward on the left front side of the trigger. Something that goes up under the trigger guard that maybe I can weld on. Or maybe some suggestions to build one? Thanks for any help. http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt281/theturtlepond/photo.jpg

Edited by theturtlepond

Is there some sort of extension for sale so that this is not out of my reach? It is very awkward on the left front side of the trigger. Something that goes up under the trigger guard that maybe I can weld on. Or maybe some suggestions to build one? Thanks for any help. http://i620.photobuc...epond/photo.jpg

Sorry, in many years of using one on duty I never saw a need to rapidly reach that part without moving my hand from the grip. Apparently no one else has had to either...

For what it is worth, a pistol grip stock will move your finger closer.

Good Luck!

Edited by Azrial

You DO know that, when you shoot it, it will unlock the slide on its own, right?

The lever is where it is so that, when you unload the shotgun (the only time you'll

ever need to hit that lever), you will hold it away from you with your left hand on the

slide and your right around the stock throat. Your right hand will naturally rotate to

put your thumb directly on that slide release, the left will run the slide, and the shell

will eject onto your car seat, or the grass, or whatever you are pointing it at.

Correction, you'll need to hit that lever at loading too. Similarly, you'll hold

the slide with the left and insert rounds into mags with the right. Then, you can grab

the stock, thumb the release, rack the slide, and you're in business.

As for tactical reloads, like if you run it dry (as opposed to keep feeding the tube

shells like one should do with a shotgun they are running at every chance), the slide

will be released if you dry fire it (ie forgot to count shells) or if you reload while

the dead shell is in the chamber.

In other words, you won't be needing that lever during anything but administrative loading/

unloading, or if you don't leave a round chambered in your go to gun (which is dumb).