Keepshooting,com Mag Review

saw 5 rd mags on the website called keepshooting.com.they were only $11.95,so i decided to get 4.i figured for $50 i will have 4 exta mags.they arrived today.they are excactly the same shape as the sagia mag.the only difference is that they are smooth.the sagia mag is textured.i inserted all 4 mags and none locked up.i had to fit each 1 with a file,just like you fit a drum or agp mag.after filing the same spots as the drum i got a tight lockup on all 4.the ad did not say you had to fit them and there was no instructions.if you did not know how to fit them there would be a problem.the springs were the same length as the stock springs.the only difference was the floor plate on the bottom to disaamble.they have the steel lip just like the sagia mag.on the hole i think they were a good buy for the price.will report back after a range test.i do not know if they are us made,but the floor plate says keepshooting.com.

DSC08234.jpg

DSC08233.jpg

DSC08237.jpg

DSC08238.jpg

DSC08239.jpg

DSC08240.jpg

DSC08241.jpg

Edited by bigmegina
  • Like 4

They certainly look like they are well worth $11.95 + ship. If I didn't have a hoard of factory mags I'd probably buy some of those.

+1 for the review with good comparative pics. Great job.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

saw 5 rd mags on the website called keepshooting.com.they were only $11.95,so i decided to get 4.i figured for $50 i will have 4 exta mags.they arrived today.they are excactly the same shape as the sagia mag.the only difference is that they are smooth.the sagia mag is textured.i inserted all 4 mags and none locked up.i had to fit each 1 with a file,just like you fit a drum or agp mag.after filing the same spots as the drum i got a tight lockup on all 4.the ad did not say you had to fit them and there was no instructions.if you did not know how to fit them there would be a problem.the springs were the same length as the stock springs.the only difference was the floor plate on the bottom to disaamble.they have the steel lip just like the sagia mag.on the hole i think they were a good buy for the price.will report back after a range test.i do not know if they are us made,but the floor plate says keepshooting.com.

DSC08234.jpg

DSC08233.jpg

DSC08237.jpg

DSC08238.jpg

DSC08239.jpg

DSC08240.jpg

DSC08241.jpg

I order 2 and it comes with the instruction on how to fit to your saiga 12

good stuff took 2 minutes for each mag to fit my S12. no problem here. i'm thinking of ordering a few more.

I ordered two also and were at my house in a matter of days. I did get some fitting instructions and did both mags in about 5 minutes.

I'm rapping up my conversion and hope to try them out soon.

Between all of us we should get a good review on reliability. Bigmegina- hope to hear from you soon!:killer:

Then all we have to figure out is a decent mag clamp!

I saw these a while back but didn't think they would be too great considering they were only $12... If they're reliably I'll try to pick up 3 or 4 of them. I definitely want to see the reliability reviews.

I bought 10 of them on sale for $8.96 each about a month ago. When I ordered the website clearly stated fitting may be required. Once they came in there were fitting instructions as well as the url to a youtube link with fitting instructions. They all operate perfectly.

I just checked and the webpage still states fitting may be required.

Why should you buy these magazines:

Value: These are high quality magazines built to last a life-time of shooting. They are not "cheaply" made magazines and no corners were cut to save money.

Price: These Saiga-12 magazines have a retail price that is $10-$20 cheaper than Saiga factory magazines. We can offer them to you at this price due to the quantity of magazines we had made.

Performance: We have tested these magazines for fit, function, and reliability. They work flawlessly just like the Saiga-12 factory magazines.

Guarantee: We stand behind this product 100%.

Fit and Function: We guarantee our magazines will work in any Saiga-12 shotgun. We are now testing each magazine in both an early EAA import gun and a brand new RAA import gun.

Watch the videos on this page to see for yourself how well these Saiga-12 magazines perform!

Please note, just like the factory Saiga® mags, this magazine does not count as any domestic parts for 922® compliance.

A very small percentage of Saiga-12's may need to have these magazines fitted. This is a quite easy task that can be done in a minute or two per magazine. Instructions for doing this can be found here. The same instructions can be used on other Saiga-12 magazines and drums as if your gun needs fitting for our magazines, it will need fitting with just about every other magazine.

Edited by dwnthehatch

before these were released to the public a few years ago, I tested a few of these magazines to terminal failure and had excellent results. In disucssions with the manufacturer, I did find out how closely the metal feed lips as well as the springs were modeled to the factory, even so far as the metal itself being the same. The plastic is a little different, but unless you go clobbering someone in the head with one, they should hold up quite well over time. The floorplate was changed as well as the bottom of the magazine body to avoid patent infringements. the rest of the parts I believe are still interchangeable with the factory 5 rounders.... and as was stated above, these are made by the little elves in Taiwan.

:dollar: I just got 2 more today and they fit better than the factory 5 round mag does!!!!

DSC08234.jpg

DSC08233.jpg

DSC08237.jpg

DSC08238.jpg

DSC08239.jpg

DSC08240.jpg

DSC08241.jpg

I got my two in, and like RichardC1967, I took some light sandpaper to it, and gave it a little makeover. It looks almost identical to the factory mag! Haven't had a chance to test cycling yet.