Keepshooting,com Mag Review

I also bought two of these and they are awesome, by far best bang for your buck. I did have to file and fit them the same way I had to fit my MD arms drum, no big deal. Now they fit great no wiggle and the best part is they work great too. I have had zero malfunctions so far related to the magazine and I am really hoping they come out with an 8 round copy soon. I really would like a russian 8 rounder but they are damn expensive and I don't need them that bad. So memo to keepshooting.com from all of your happy customers please get us the 8 rounders as soon as possible because we want them yesterday!

I had to google search it and did not find it right away but here is the thread that has lots more info, including why they are not making 8 rounders yet.

So the reason they dont is because they would have to have a few 8 rounders to begin with that they could copy? Sounds lame. If they sold factory clone 8 rounders here in the states for a reasonable price how long do you think it would take them to recoup having to buy 2 or 3 factory mags or even a dozen?

IMO the factory mags are currently the best looking, best functioning mags out there. I would love to have a dozen factory clone 8 rounders.

• 5 months later...

how are these mags holding up long term? Ben mentioned he tested these to terminal failure, but didn't elaborate on how many rounds went through them before they died.

I've had 3 since March...their function has been the same as my factory mag....boringly reliable. I let them drop free often...onto sod albeit...no damage.

• Like 1

how are these mags holding up long term? Ben mentioned he tested these to terminal failure, but didn't elaborate on how many rounds went through them before they died.

I've had 3 since March...their function has been the same as my factory mag....boringly reliable. I let them drop free often...onto sod albeit...no damage.

This has been my usage and experience as well.

• 6 months later...

Just wanted to pass on a bad experience with keepshooting.com - unprofessional customer service when their mags malfunctioned in my stock P22.

i bought 10 of their Walther P22 mags excited about the great reviews I had read and great price. Opened up 2 of the packages and loaded these 2 mags along with my 2 factory Walther mags. It was probably between 30-40* outside at 10,000'. In a blind test, the 2 walther mags performed perfectly with high velocity CCI cartridges, and the two KeepShooting.com CLONES both failed. The first mag caused the slide to lock back with one round in the mag. Dangerous. The second mag failed to lock the slide back on an empty mag. So I did not open the other 8 packages since I do not like to use unreliable magazines in any of my weapons. Well when I called in, the sales rep was unbelievably rude since I was past my 30 day return period. When I explained to him that I had not had a chance to go shooting due to being out of country and then having my local "range" on top of a mountain here in CO full of snow all winter. I dont get to shoot much in the winter. Well the rep kept eluding to the fact that he thought I was lying. I was shocked. Never received this kind of customer service before that I can remember. Especially in the firearm community usually companies are very friendly. I offered to take a video of the malfunctions so the company could be aware of any potential issues and get them fixed, because obviously my P22 (which is stock, barebones) had compatibility issues, it is several years old) So finally he let me return them, and I just wrote off the bad attitude, not planning on writing a review or anything since they took them back. Well today I get an email stating the following: "Tested every single magazine customer returned with zero malfunctions on either a 3" or 5" barreled P22. Suspect customer just needed the money back for some reason, as there was no issues with any of the magazines returned." I will never do business with this RUDE company again. - Tom

@smalls

You can't expect factory reliability from a Korean knock off, if that's what the P22 mags are. With most guns like the p22, factory products are the best way to go. Sucks that you had a bad experience with keep shooting. I've talked to them a few times and customer service was beyond friend and helpful. The left a mag out of an order I made. I called and they shipped the mag out to me the next day, with an apology card. Hell, shipping for that missing magazine cost more than the mag itself.

I ordered 3 of them and had to file 75% of the lip off just to get to fit properly. I contacted the company and asked for a refund on the 2 I had not modified and never heard from them again. With so much of the feed lip gone I did not want to modify the other 2. My S-12 was an 07 RAA version.

The 1 mag functions but with so much of the lock gone I feel it will not last long.

I ordered 3 of them and had to file 75% of the lip off just to get to fit properly. I contacted the company and asked for a refund on the 2 I had not modified and never heard from them again. With so much of the feed lip gone I did not want to modify the other 2. My S-12 was an 07 RAA version.

The 1 mag functions but with so much of the lock gone I feel it will not last long.

You should have filed the bottom of the tab in the back that the locking latch goes under. A little bit at a time while test fitting until it locks in. This is how I did mine and they work fine. No worries for dependability.

I've got 8 of them and all it tool was 30seconds with a fingernail file and they all fit. a few since thats all I had for a file I used a knife to get just a tad bit more but most of my issue was it was hitting on an open bolt.