Road Blocker Break

Personally, I don't see the point. Extremely tacticool and I don't need that. As far as functionality, I don't mind a little recoil so I just don't need it for it's intended use. I feel the same way about a breeching break. I don't plan on breeching anything, ever, so why would I need that. To each their own.

Some one on here cut off the muzzle break from the mossberg and I beleive clamped it on their Saiga 12. It seems like it would look awesome but it really didnt. Tried to find the thread but couldnt. You would have to buy the shot gun then sbs it then go through the work of cutting it off and installing it. No sense in a 400-500 dollar brke. Search 50 cal break saiga 12 in google there are several threads on big mostly non functional breaks. check maxrounds.com

I agree I don't think it's at all for function. Just aesthetics. No different than the shrouds. And as far as a break goes itself, I'm not worried about that, i have several sbs 12 pistols that I've been shooting for years single-handed. Hell, 90% of the time it'll be not firing on my wall or something. So might as well have it look badass while it is there. I'm not breaching doors either, but breaches can add a nice edge to it. If I'm going for specifically function, and not at all aesthetics, what's the point in converting it in the first place?? Yes different strokes.

I agree I don't think it's at all for function. Just aesthetics. No different than the shrouds. And as far as a break goes itself, I'm not worried about that, i have several sbs 12 pistols that I've been shooting for years single-handed. Hell, 90% of the time it'll be not firing on my wall or something. So might as well have it look badass while it is there. I'm not breaching doors either, but breaches can add a nice edge to it. If I'm going for specifically function, and not at all aesthetics, what's the point in converting it in the first place?? Yes different strokes.

Depends what kind of aesthetics you go for. Tacticool or just plain cool. :super:

ive seen those kinds of muzzle breaks on mossberg shotguns before, and felt that it looked rather excessive. im curious if anyone here has any first hand experience using them, and how well they work to reduce recoil.

personally though, i feel that a thick sweatshirt is enough to reduce the felt recoil on a large bore rifle.

Our Barrett .50 BMG rifles had them and they function on them. If you were spotting, you had to snuggle up to the shooter as the blast coming out of the side/rear ports was pretty big. (It is directed to the rear at an angle). Too far away from him and you were getting powder burned for sure. As far as function on a shotty, I don't see it being useful and would add quite a bit of weight to the muzzle.

Edited by MT Predator