I really like the PRS stock. I have a bushmaster varmint SS. I also did the magpul pistol grip with interchangeable back straps and bottom of trigger guard built in, and the magpul BAD lever. Works awesome! Then topped it off with some magpul 20 rnd mags. Cant go wrong with any of magpuls products. That pic looks good! I also have a leopold 6x18x40 VIII scope, and a harris bipod.

Hi Scottacus and welcome to the forum. :beer:

Although I've never owned one, I hear the M&P receivers are nice. Only AR I've owned is a Colt SP1 that was my Dad's. I've fired a bunch of M16/M4s in the Army though. Nice platform that can modded into several different configurations.

I think you'll like the Magpul PRS. My buddy has one on his AR10. One suggestion though, try and get a scope mount that sits as low as comfortable for you.

Edited by Corbin

Yes the magpul PRS is the bomb and get the accu shot mono pod for the rear it makes a world of difference I've got one on an ar10 and on a ar15 and I would suggest getting a tactical latch for your charging handle it makes a world of difference with a scope on it.

BCM Gunfighter is the way to go for a charging handle. It is designed to handle the extra stress an extended latch puts on the handle. Lots of broken charging handles attributed to extended tactical latches. My buddy put a PRS on his BOHICA. 50 BMG AR build. Very nice! +1 to the BAD lever as long as it is installed correctly. If it isn't, it won't lock back on an empty mag. The S&W is milspec. You should use milspec parts on everything. Make sure you stake everything needing staking BTW. I'd steer away from the Bushy upper but that's just me. It's like putting Geo parts on a Vette IMHO.

-1 for the Badger TacLatch (and the Gasbuster and any of those other designs), +1 for the BCM Gunfighter. You'll eventually rip the roll pin out of your charging handle with the Badger. If I were a real life high speed low drag tacti-cool operator and shot wearing gloves 90% of the time, then I'd run the Gunfighter. I'm not, and I find that the serrations on the front of the latch tear up my fingers something fierce so I just use the standard charging handle, but beyond that the BCMG is a quality product. Also, as others have said, you can't go wrong with the PRS. (In part because it means I don't have to bitch at you about recoil buffer weight. :D )

I'll give the Bushmaster Predator upper 8/10 but their bolt carrier group only 5.5/10.

Make sure you stake everything needing staking BTW.

The only thing that needs staking is the castle nut holding on the buffer tube, and that only applies to carbine buffer tubes. The PRS stock uses a rifle buffer and tube so that's a non-issue. The only other things that need staking are the screws holding the gas key onto the bolt carrier, and those should come that way from the factory (no guarantees on that with a Bushmaster BCG.)

Edited by Caspian Sea Monster
  • 2 months later...