Stock adapter installation?

The bottom of my stock adapter has counter sunk holes but once you drill the holes in the receiver, they are kind of pointless. Do I have to kind of taper the holes I drill in the receiver to get the screws to be flush to the bottom? If so, what size bit should I use to do this? Please help me understand the install of this part. Thanks.

The bottom of my stock adapter has counter sunk holes but once you drill the holes in the receiver, they are kind of pointless. Do I have to kind of taper the holes I drill in the receiver to get the screws to be flush to the bottom? If so, what size bit should I use to do this? Please help me understand the install of this part. Thanks.

The holes in the receiver are supposed to be counter sunk, but because the receiver wall is so thin, to get the screw flush the base of the screw head will be below the inner surface of the receiver and that is why the stock adapter has a countersink on the bottom. You can get a countersink tool and install the adapter as designed or you can get some regular round head screws and skip the countersink. Either way is fine, it just depends on how you want it to look. Feel free to call Robert at 503-551-7283 if you need further assistance.

Doug

• 11 months later...