Your area has just been hit with a 8.9+ earthquake, and you've SURVIVED!

Now what? Power lines and cell towers are down. Bridges have collapsed and roads are crumbling. Water systems are broken and powerless. Fuel stations, stores and hospitals are all without power, if not in rubble. Your home is a pile of debris.

...How long can you survive without assistance?

For us, I'm looking at 3-10 days(depending on what can be scavaged from the rubble) before food becomes an issue. Less of course if NOTHING is salvagable. Longer if we eat a horse.

Got a supply of canned food, water and ammo for 3 months for the wife, kid, me and +2 extra people I have 150ac farm with 3 ponds,2 spring houses and 10 head of cattle My barn is full of equipment and two fuel tanks 500gal diesel and 250gal gas never below half. And if that is not good enough I am also in a "organization" that has between 100 and 1000 members(will never tell our real numbers) of witch 95% are ex-military mostly marines and are similarly prepared and when the SHTF we are good to go.

• Like 1

Got a supply of canned food, water and ammo for 3 months for the wife, kid, me and +2 extra people I have 150ac farm with 3 ponds,2 spring houses and 10 head of cattle My barn is full of equipment and two fuel tanks 500gal diesel and 250gal gas never below half. And if that is not good enough I am also in a "organization" that has between 100 and 1000 members(will never tell our real numbers) of witch 95% are ex-military mostly marines and are similarly prepared and when the SHTF we are good to go.

I'm just curious. What is 3 months of ammo?

...How long can you survive without assistance?

Mark 13:15

And let him that is on the housetop not go down into the house, neither enter therein, to take any thing out of his house: And let him that is in the field not turn back again for to take up his garment.

So to answer your question, not long without the Lord's guidance. He's never let me down thus far & I've been in some crazy situations.

Should it be my time, I'll meet him without apprehension.

Matt; 6:25-34

Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, Oh ye of little faith? Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

In nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte.

OK I guess I should have proof read my post does 3 months of food and water and a shitload of ammo give you a better description????:rolleyes:

OK I guess I should have proof read my post does 3 months of food and water and a shitload of ammo give you a better description????:rolleyes:

OK, A shitload. That's how much I have, too. I must be good for about three months.:haha:

I've typically got 3days of E-rations(for 2 ppl) in my truck. We have a hand pump well, an old cistern that always has a bit of water in it and a gray water tank. Lots of wood for boiling water if we can scavage a pot and fabric for filtering(will be buying a real filter soon). Our camping gear is in the garage(rubble). We typically have 2-3wks worth of meat in the freezer(if we can get to it before spoilage) but not at the time of this posting, :-(c And a couple of weeks of canned/boxed foods in the cupboards.

At one time, I kept 30+gals of water stored, and dry goods in milk crates in the cupboards(in case of evac). Hmm, need to get back there.

Oh, and I must only have a month and half worth of ammo, as it's only a crap load, not a "shit load". :lolol:

Water won't be an issue for me. I've got 2500 gallons in a potable water tank that goes to the sprinkler system, I can direct feed power to the well pump with a portable generator, and there is a year round creek across the property. I'm more limited on food. About two weeks worth at any given time. I need to bump that up to about double. Don't forget to stockpile any medications you may be taking, and "rotate" everything so nothing gets too old.

• Like 1

it might just be me. But you know what I noticed most about this Japan crisis. Unlike Haiti I havnt seen maniacs running the streets killing and looting.

They are actually all working together to help each other. Hrm there are civilized people in the world.

• Like 3

it might just be me. But you know what I noticed most about this Japan crisis. Unlike Haiti I havnt seen maniacs running the streets killing and looting.

They are actually all working together to help each other. Hrm there are civilized people in the world.

Not just Haiti, but U.S. too. You know that some of our finest citizens would be looting anything that is still standing....gotta get them 56" TVs.

I'm fucked...I'm diabetic and can't stock up on enough insulin to get me to month 3 let alone 5...I got the ammo and water...a bit short on food but....but...what are you going to do about the necular cloud that will be comming this way next week or the week after. Right now I only have a months worth of radiation pills for 2 adults and we have a daughter so a little shy of a month or 3 weeks worth...can't eat them all the time though.

Edited by TO THE FLOOR

Assuming, like the OP said, our homes are a pile of debris, much of the stuff we prepared might not be available/salvagable. All that water we had stored might be gone. The food we had is under tons of rubble and our super cool survival rifle could be smashed as flat as a pancake. I suppose that should teach us that you have a better chance of recovering SOMETHING if you don't "put all your eggs in one basket". Unless you have one of those NORAD style bunkers under a mountain, a Japan like event could take it all from you (maybe even if you DID have a bunker). Don't assume anything. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

So IMO those interested in survival should study up now, before it's needed: Take a wilderness survival class. Take an urban survival class. Take a firearms class or two and practice as often as you can. Learn how to fix your vehicle, if you're planning on using it. Get involved with people that do similar stuff as a hobby even. By that I mean folks like historical reinactors that learn how to make/use primitive weapons, firearms people that enjoy "run and gun", people that reload ammo, people that love to hunt and cook wild game or folks that enjoy any other thing that might come in handy later. Learning to cross country ski, learning how Short Wave radios work, becoming a better swimmer, getting medical training.... it's all relevant.

Become as well rounded as you can.

Silence is golden.

Amen brother.

• Like 3

I'm fucked...I'm diabetic and can't stock up on enough insulin to get me to month 3 let alone 5...I got the ammo and water...a bit short on food but....but...what are you going to do about the necular cloud that will be comming this way next week or the week after. Right now I only have a months worth of radiation pills for 2 adults and we have a daughter so a little shy of a month or 3 weeks worth...can't eat them all the time though.

There is no radiation coming our way....This is not a full scare fallout, and there are many safety precautions in place that they did not have many years ago during Chernobyl.

Careful with the Potassium Iodide. It can wipe out your thyroid as well as protect it.

There is no radiation coming our way....This is not a full scare fallout, and there are many safety precautions in place that they did not have many years ago during Chernobyl.

With all due respect Chevy and I hope you're right but that is a pretty bold statement considering that. 1 The Japanese Government (and our Government for that matter)have never been very forthcoming with information and play things down. Now as I see it the Japanese have six reactors and four of them are in some form of melt down and the situation changes from hour to hour....and it depends on who you listen to. Next two of the old reactors, one that is in meltdown and one other don't have confignment walls or areas??? and I think even Chernobyl did. Next how are they going to fix it??? all the experts are evacuating the plant... now they are talking about water cannons for cooling...not a great stratetgy imho and I am a retired firefighter. I hope you're right Chevy but I think it is way to early to make a call on this one...especially one to let down your guard.

7 years worth, 2555 days or you are just mentally masturbating. Even if there is no quake or disaster the economy will make it so that we end up spending 1/4 to 1/2 of our income on daily sustenance they way 2/3 of this planet already lives.

http://forecast.diabetes.org/magazine/features/resveratrol-miracle-molecule

I have watched a friend take 1600mg of transresveratrol per day for 3 months and go from 4 injections to 1 injection per day.

http://forecast.diabetes.org/magazine/features/resveratrol-miracle-molecule

I have watched a friend take 1600mg of transresveratrol per day for 3 months and go from 4 injections to 1 injection per day.

Where did he get it...from a doctor or was he in the study?? shit I just saw my doctor today.

edit: and now they are reporting that there is no water in the containment vescles??? Give it a week or two...how long did it take to put out all the fires in Kawait??? and putting out oil well fires was a practiced art/technique at the time...done hundreds of times before. This is new shit.

Edited by TO THE FLOOR