5.45 1080rd. Can Prices

I noticed that a popular surplus dealer based out of Ohio prices increased $20 more a case... Does anyone know where to find original prices? $20 increase doesn't hurt that much but interested if anyone could find a better deal.

I noticed that a popular surplus dealer based out of Ohio prices increased $20 more a case... Does anyone know where to find original prices? $20 increase doesn't hurt that much but interested if anyone could find a better deal.

gun-deals.com allows you to compare...but I think everyone is raising prices now. A bummer, but still better than other calibers. Buy a lot now why this price still obtains. Eventually 5.45 will be as expensive or more than .223 or 7.62x39.

I bought a LOT of surplus 7n6 from rguns in 2008-2009. Their customer service sucks, they take forever to ship (as in a month. Or three!), but it all eventually arrived and they were the cheapest option I found. Currently a crate from them is $260, a tin is $135. plus shipping. From Illinois to NM was ~$60 per crate IIRC.

Take a look here for other options

http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=5.45x39.

I bought a LOT of surplus 7n6 from rguns in 2008-2009. Their customer service sucks, they take forever to ship (as in a month. Or three!), but it all eventually arrived and they were the cheapest option I found. Currently a crate from them is $260, a tin is $135. plus shipping. From Illinois to NM was ~$60 per crate IIRC.

Take a look here for other options

http://gun-deals.com...aliber=5.45x39.

Amazing website! +1

i wonder if the price being raised has to do with

A) Gas prices being raised or B) Supply is running out or C) More demand for 5.45 or D) Greedy bastards

Supply obviously is running out with every can bought, but I don't think we're even close to depletion. Otherwise the prices would be much higher. A and C are the most important reasons for the increase, I would guess. Regarding C, let's all agree that when someone comes on this forum and says "Should I get a 5.45 Saiga or a .223 or a 7.62x39?", let's always tell them that 5.45 sucks and the other calibers are much better. ;-)

i wonder if the price being raised has to do with

A) Gas prices being raised or B) Supply is running out or C) More demand for 5.45 or D) Greedy bastards

Supply obviously is running out with every can bought, but I don't think we're even close to depletion. Otherwise the prices would be much higher. A and C are the most important reasons for the increase, I would guess. Regarding C, let's all agree that when someone comes on this forum and says "Should I get a 5.45 Saiga or a .223 or a 7.62x39?", let's always tell them that 5.45 sucks and the other calibers are much better. ;-)

LOL agreed... 5.45 is so garbage of a round... We just need to start a thread about how aweful this round/weapon is.

• Like 1

Can this be purchase outside of the gun show?

I have one gun show dealer in Houston that sells me 750 rounds of non corrosive Barnull 60 gr hollow points for $100.

The guy is based out of Ft Worth and I pre-order from him.

Last show picked up four 750 round boxes for myself, a friend, and a friend of the friend.

Jetmech, i am waiting on you to see if he has nore ammo. I am in houston. I had texted u abt this dealer

Thanks in advance

More ammo i meant

I have not called him yet. He will not be back in town until the first of the month.

I have one gun show dealer in Houston that sells me 750 rounds of non corrosive Barnull 60 gr hollow points for $100.

Last show picked up four 750 round boxes for myself, a friend, and a friend of the friend.

I'm in Dallas. Does he go to the gun shows in dallas/fort worth area or have a shop here? I guess it would make sense if he does. I'd love to find out how to pick some of this up.

Sweet. I got a dealer at my gunshows that gives me 5.45 tins for $120 a piece, I can get a crate for $240. No shipping! Lol. Trying to buy it up from him while I can.

I am in the DFW are also. How about details on your source? PM would be fine.

Thanks.

They've got 40 cans back in stock.

I know, saw it yesterday. Wasn't there the other day. They must be moving them fast. Their price is two bucks cheaper to my door compared to ammoman.

It's good we help each other out with prices like this...