my home built safe here is my project done for less than 75$. I built this out of scrap steel from work and a few thing from the home depo. all tha is left is to chain it to the foundation just moved it in tonight. I think it will hold up a lot better than most for the price. all outer steel is 3/8 thick this thing is heavy duty. hope it never gets tested though. If you all have ideas to make it better please share

post-9518-0-91644500-1300080427_thumb.jpg

Looks pretty good, nice job.

It should keep out the gang banger, crack head types.

If somebody had some time to work on it with a Sawz-All, heavy-slide hammer, pry bars, etc. then you might have a problem. But that can be said of almost any safe. Given enough time and persistance, the bad guy will get in.

Is it big enough to hold long guns? Hard to tell from the pic. Looks sturdy!

it is five feet tall the picture is sidewase. fits my saiga21" 308 and longer shotguns just great with a shelf in the top for mags and pistols.

Looks pretty good, nice job.

It should keep out the gang banger, crack head types.

If somebody had some time to work on it with a Sawz-All, heavy-slide hammer, pry bars, etc. then you might have a problem. But that can be said of almost any safe. Given enough time and persistance, the bad guy will get in.

I know that no safe is unbrakeable I just wanted something that would hard to get into. also thougt of putting some kind of sticker reading [warning disarm before opening] and some fake wires maby just to make people think ther might be something they dont want to break into.

If you wanted to put a couple bucks and some time into it, you could wire up a car alarm or one of those shrieking alarms made to jam under your motel room door. Maybe on a mercury/vibration switch.

Maybe have the switch wired into the safe, wires hidden in the wall, and electronics/alarm in the ceiling.

I need to stop thinking about this or I'll end up starting a new little project. :rolleyes: