CSS has the new CGW last round bolt hold open for sale on their site&#

Tom is working on the video soon. I had one of his hand made ones here already and the production ones that came in today are much more solid and heavy duty. These are really nice.

Tom is working on the video soon. I had one of his hand made ones here already and the production ones that came in today are much more solid and heavy duty. These are really nice.

I was wondering where the video is. I could certainly use one of these, but there is too much mystery behind it for me. I need video. One hundred rounds and at least 5 mag changes will do.

• Like 1

In for one, plus a couple other things to make the order worth placing (push button folder and tromix cheek weld). This is also the first time I remembered to use the promo code.:bag:

Thanks Greg.

Can't wait to see how fast everything gets here. I bet I get the stuff by this Saturday.

I was wondering where the video is. I could certainly use one of these, but there is too much mystery behind it for me. I need video. One hundred rounds and at least 5 mag changes will do.

As soon as I get it installed I'll get some HD video up with some slow motion to show every detail. :super:

• Like 1

Does this let you release the bolt the way the factory one does, from the tab up that is above the trigger?

Or do you have pull the bolt back like the manual BHO?

The factory BHO doesn't release the bolt, it only holds it open. I would expect that you have to pull the bolt to release it.

Does this let you release the bolt the way the factory one does, from the tab up that is above the trigger?

The factory BHO doesn't release the bolt, it only holds it open. I would expect that you have to pull the bolt to release it.

Yeah I hope tom comes out with the video soon that way I can get my gun back...and no you don't have to pull the bolt back to release it...either use the pin on an empty gun on the mag will release it on insertion.

As soon as I get it installed I'll get some HD video up with some slow motion to show every detail. :super:

While you are at shooting the video, could you get a good shot of the carrier slamming the trunnion in slo mo with the cover off? I have been dying to see some slo mo footage of that and would be extremely appreciative. :smoke:

I'm too gun and mag poor to afford a good camera, lol.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

While you are at shooting the video, could you get a good shot of the carrier slamming the trunnion in slo mo with the cover off? I have been dying to see some slo mo footage of that and would be extremely appreciative. :smoke:

I have a GREAT slow-mo camera. I just might have to do this...I'll give credit to you of course :angel:

I have a GREAT slow-mo camera. I just might have to do this...I'll give credit to you of course :angel:

The carrier should be hitting the trunnion and doing a slight upward 'jump' as it strikes it. Firing a variety of ammo would be great even if the video seems somewhat slow. Let us know what you are firing, what regulator is used, and what setting is used. I think this subject would be very educational to the Saiga 12 community and might change a few minds when it comes to "overgassing". These weapons are designed to have some impact at the rear trunnion.

Lipstick sales might go down though....

I was referring to factory LRBHO model in my first question. I have both model guns, manual BHO and automatic LRBHO. The automatic LRBHO can release the bolt by pushing up the tab. This is the same tab pushed up to engage the manual BHO.

I was referring to factory LRBHO model in my first question. I have both model guns, manual BHO and automatic LRBHO. The automatic LRBHO can release the bolt by pushing up the tab. This is the same tab pushed up to engage the manual BHO.

Really? So if you want to lock the bolt manually I guess you'd have to push the button behind the mag? I guess it's true, you do learn something new everyday...

In for one, plus a couple other things to make the order worth placing (push button folder and tromix cheek weld). This is also the first time I remembered to use the promo code.:bag:

Thanks Greg.

Can't wait to see how fast everything gets here. I bet I get the stuff by this Saturday.

Order Place 3/16/11 @ 9:22 pm

Order received by USPS 3/17/11 @ 10:46 am

Shipping info sent 3/17/11 @ 11:55 am

Talk about being on it. I think Greg is trying to set a new record. :super:

Really? So if you want to lock the bolt manually I guess you'd have to push the button behind the mag? I guess it's true, you do learn something new everyday...

Correct.

I ordered one today. Might be here tomorrow or Saturday, then I will know for sure.

The carrier should be hitting the trunnion and doing a slight upward 'jump' as it strikes it. Firing a variety of ammo would be great even if the video seems somewhat slow. Let us know what you are firing, what regulator is used, and what setting is used. I think this subject would be very educational to the Saiga 12 community and might change a few minds when it comes to "overgassing". These weapons are designed to have some impact at the rear trunnion.

Lipstick sales might go down though....

Please excuse all this side conversation as I realize this thread is on the LRBHO...but this is a very interesting topic evlblk is talking about here. I'll try to have vids up in the next couple days. I'll definitely start a thread and link some tube vids soon when I can find the time this week/weekend.

• Like 1

Thanks Greg.

Order Place 3/16/11 @ 9:22 pm

Order received by USPS 3/17/11 @ 10:46 am

Shipping info sent 3/17/11 @ 11:55 am

Talk about being on it. I think Greg is trying to set a new record. :super:

So what are the screws do on it?

One screw is to hold the top leg of the spring and to space it off the receiver. The second longer screw only comes with the deluxe kit and its so you can thread it into the BHO after its installed and allows you to push down on it to release the bolt and push up on it to manually lock the bolt back.

Closing on a mag insertion is suppose to only happen if you tune it to work that way. I personally dont want mine working that way.

Ok, Greg at Carolina Shooters Supply just cleared up my questions with the LRBHO. He replied to an email withing 20 minutes, dude rocks!

Hey Greg,

I was wondering 2 things.

-Does the LRBHO also have a bolt release integrated?

-Is the LRBHO gonna work with the JTE Magwell I ordered?

7:17 PM today

Yes for both.

Thanks,

Greg

7:36 PM today