So who is in the Northwest?? Roll Call

OK, Since there has been some confusion about what makes up the "Northwest" U.S. and what doesn't, here it is. There are no definitive boundaries of the great northwest so I have been anointed by God Almighty to just make some up. So here it is. If your house is on this map, you live in the northwest. Why? Because I said so. If not, read it and weep. :P

northwest.jpg

Shit no. If you're east of the continental divide, you're in the Rocky Mountain West. If you're south of Oregon or Idaho in Nevada or Utah, you're in the Great Basin. If you're in CA, you're just in CA. You are certainly not in the NW if you live in a state that's closer to Mexico than Canada.

The northwest doesn't claim or want any of you.

Yeah, well, you're obviously trying to take this to a new level where it was never meant to go. Take a chill pill, dude. You're taking this too seriously.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I live about 6 1/2 hours north of Sac and about 1 1/2 hours south of Oregon, tucked nicely behind the redwood curtain, so I guess I'm good.     REPRESENTING HUMBOLDT COUNTY!!!   I've been

EVERETT,WA

I'm a Senior Chief in the Coast Guard come out to the northwest young man!

OK, Since there has been some confusion about what makes up the "Northwest" U.S. and what doesn't, here it is. There are no definitive boundaries of the great northwest so I have been anointed by God Almighty to just make some up. So here it is. If your house is on this map, you live in the northwest. Why? Because I said so. If not, read it and weep. :P

northwest.jpg

Shit no. If you're east of the continental divide, you're in the Rocky Mountain West. If you're south of Oregon or Idaho in Nevada or Utah, you're in the Great Basin. If you're in CA, you're just in CA. You are certainly not in the NW if you live in a state that's closer to Mexico than Canada.

Yeah, well, you're obviously trying to take this to a new level where it was never meant to go. Take a chill pill, dude. You're taking this too seriously.

NO, DOGMAN - IT IS YOU WHO NEEDS A CHILL-PILL. I'M JUST EXERCISING MY GOD-GIVEN AMERICAN RIGHT TO XENOPHOBIA. j/k..

You took me too seriously. Although after reading my post, I did come off a bit harsh and apologize for that. Our tendency toward tribalism is kind of amusing though. It's all pretty arbitrary until people start taking it seriously.

• 2 weeks later...

northwest.jpg

NO, DOGMAN - IT IS YOU WHO NEEDS A CHILL-PILL. I'M JUST EXERCISING MY GOD-GIVEN AMERICAN RIGHT TO XENOPHOBIA. j/k..

You took me too seriously. Although after reading my post, I did come off a bit harsh and apologize for that. Our tendency toward tribalism is kind of amusing though. It's all pretty arbitrary until people start taking it seriously.

I just wanna say that when I was growing up we all called it the Pacific northwest, now 30 years later its been down graded to just the north west. Well in my mind ak is on the pacific and very northwest....but who cares.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, Its Mr. Anderson! Welcome! You should have taken the other pill.

Federal Way, that sucks. Get out as soon as you can!

I'm out here in the sticks of Yamhill Co. Oregun. Gota love it here!

I lived in every state on that map including Canada B.C.!

Don't mess with the NorthWest!

xacex

Edited by xacex
  • 2 weeks later...

I just moved to Spokane. Don't even know where to shoot here yet. It looks like the best bet is going to be BLM fishtrap.

Any one know of cheap to enter 3gun matches or similar? I've been wanting to run my saigas in the open class for a while now. I'd need to borrow the rifle though. Anyone else in the area?- I could use some one to shoot with.

sorry gunfun......I live in Salem and Albany is the

closest to me.

Worth a shot. Besides, maybe later someone will find my old post and get in touch with me.

Anyone -If you are near spokane and know of fun goings on where I can use my s-12, or whatever, PM me an invitation. I will shoot with anyone who is legal and safe, and relaxed enough to enjoy shooting.

I live North and West of Canada, but I'm not on the map. Do I live in the Northwest, all you people who live to the South and East of me? smile.png

Oh, OK. I guess we can let you in. But you have to learn the secret handshake. wink.png

GunFun: I thought I posted here to you already. I am in Spokane, There are a few places to shoot around here and I am stiil finding them. Tum Tum up 9 mile canyon, and a regular range (in the phone book) up there, Mica 1000 yard range, One up highway 2 I just learned about, an indoor range in Post Falls where you can shoot rifle, shotgun and pistol, and there are some more...sharp shooting. There is a pistol match next weekend, maybe 2 gun (rifle). PM me.

Edited by TO THE FLOOR

Got a vacation home a bit outside of Lincoln City, Oregon in the boonies on a small babbling river. The other day someone (I later learned was the neighbor across the road) was firing off something large (.50 black powder rifle...) My other nieghbor called the police to see if this was okay. Found out that as long as one is not in the city limits and you take the needed safety precautions that you can pretty much shoot anything anywhere. To test this I took my S12 and did a drum dump off the back deck. No one raised an eyebrow -- gotta loooove the NorthWest!!!

Thanks guys. I got a call from To the floor. I suspect the next time I get a chance to shoot will be wherever he goes. I'll have to check out Sharp Shooter some time too.

I lived in Clackamas a few years ago for a couple of months. I wish I had a chance to meet Sleeping Dog and try his tromix. Washington does not allow the shorties. We should bring an anti-discrimination suit. The state legislature is unfairly discriminating against short black guns!

Edited by GunFun