So who is in the Northwest?? Roll Call

Anyone further North West than Warm Tropical Sunny "Port Angeles"

If not ... I win Most North West Saiger (Lower 48) on the forum!!! cry.gif

So ... any chance of getting short barreled S12's and/or SBR's here in WA ???

Edited by iteachsurfing
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I live about 6 1/2 hours north of Sac and about 1 1/2 hours south of Oregon, tucked nicely behind the redwood curtain, so I guess I'm good.     REPRESENTING HUMBOLDT COUNTY!!!   I've been

EVERETT,WA

I'm a Senior Chief in the Coast Guard come out to the northwest young man!

• 2 weeks later...

Another Alaskan checking in (and new forum member!)... just got my first S-12 and looking forward to the good times with it. And the next one...

Not legally yet. We just got suppressors though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

where is alaska at in the north west

As far as I know it wouldn't be, unless Hawaii is considered part of the Southwest. I've always thought such references were regarding the lower 48 states.The only reason to use the term "northwest" or "southeast" or whatever, is to differentiate a region from the pack and give a frame of reference. Alaska already has that, being an isolated state, and having their own well deserved pride in their own identity.

deadeye is right! Alaska isn't apart of the Northwest. We do have our own pride, our own identity, and regional issues that no other state can relate too. Therefore there is a need to add Alaska to the listed regions.

Does anyone know who I can contact to get this done?

Agreed, partly.

If you live in Anchorage, Juneau, Fairbanks, etc. You are just in a remote suburb of Seattle. However if you live in a place that takes a plane or a boat to get to you are in Alaska. Entirely different culture. I miss it a lot sometimes. You just can't sell people in the lower 48s that a Muquii is a good idea. Subsistence is not practical either. People get excited about farmed atlantic "salmon" ...

@ GunFun

and agreed, partilly...

You bring up an Alaskan issue that we deal with all the time; There is a huge difference in culture and way of living between bush alaska and the the urban areas. They are not comparable. But I chuckled outloud when I read the comment calling our 3 major cities suburbs of Seattle. They are not comparable as well. I think your intent was to say is that our urban centers are like any other average american city. Being in midtown Anchorage I can partially agree with that as well.

People in Fairbanks will laugh at a Seattleites look on their face when they toss a cup of coffee in the air at -40 below and it freezes before it hits the ground. People in Juneau will laugh at the new commers as they recieve their first ticket for not properly storing their garbage from bears. And people in Anchorage will laugh at the urbanite who makes the attempt to pet a moose. All this happens, just not in Seattle.

By car Seattle is 2,266 miles away. Relatively Honolulu is 2387 miles away from San Franscisco. Honolulu is not a suburb of San Francisco.

Personally I would like to see Alaska added to the regions listed here on Saiga-12.com because there's a need for a place where we can post up and coming competitions, rave and rant about what ranges to go too, and meet fellow minded individuals who aren't a puddle jump away...

Now, if you want to talk about the Seahawks many Alaskans will be all ears.

Sorry- I'm from dillingham, so I have to pick on my urban AK friends who act as though living in Fairbanks or St. Petersburg makes them Jack London. Seattle was my impression of Anchorage everytime I've been through. Or maybe more like Everett on a dismal day. I haven't lived in AK year round since I wa a little kid though so you can knock me down there. Since adolescence I've only been back up for 13 seasons of commercial fishing and a court case. I only have personal experience with Bristol bay towns and vilages, and a few places North on the coast, up to security cove. I've stopped at Kodiak and a few little spots on the way across the gulf too. Kodiak was a lot cooler before they took the PMS logos off of the skyline.

I think we can get along fine by agreeing with the whole nation's wholehearted mockery of little 'ol Texas.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...