SSAR-15 slide fire stock IS VERY AWESOME!!!

So AZG......is it good to go?

I got most of every thing that's said to do

the same efect.....but sadly more money

pissed away.

I def. don't want to spend 350. For more

shit!

Good to go means different things to different people.

Its made of polymer and it fires faster than you/me/anyone can from the shoulder...unless you own a full auto.

I wouldnt try to be accurate with it. Its a toy really. Do I think its worth my money. Yes. Does it make me crack a smile when I shoot it? Yes. Are my friends going to buy one? Yes.

So it depends on your definition of good to go.

I would recommend you dont buy it until you try it. That way your not taking someones word for it and you know for sure you want to drop 350 on it. I found a company that charged 349.50 with free shipping.

Heres two shitty videos of me and my buddy using it.

http://youtu.be/kT6ksPBvPcM

http://youtu.be/BvzMtfKPvA8?hd=1

Edited by AZG

Joe , "Mojo" , in our shop , bought one of these , he said the thing is "Tits" . Which I took to mean , very satisfactory :) Said he was doing pretty good groups with it. Considering we have a 1/2 dozen or so FA M16's , I thought that was high praise .

• Like 2

Joe , "Mojo" , in our shop , bought one of these , he said the thing is "Tits" . Which I took to mean , very satisfactory :) Said he was doing pretty good groups with it. Considering we have a 1/2 dozen or so FA M16's , I thought that was high praise .

Thanks for your input Will. :smoke: Good to know someone who works with firearms all day approves.

This thread is the first time I'd seen this product. I think I just found a b-day present for my brother, (I don't own any ARs, currently). He lives in Vegas, so he shouldn't have any problem taking this out and actually using it. :smoke:

I very eagerly await the Kalashnikov version :killer:

Edited by post-apocalyptic

This thread is the first time I'd seen this product. I think I just found a b-day present for my brother, (I don't own any ARs, currently). He lives in Vegas, so he shouldn't have any problem taking this out and actually using it. :smoke:

I very eagerly await the Kalashnikov version :killer:

Wow. You're an awesome brother to drop 350$ on a bday present. My sister's bday is on the 19th and I sent her a franklin and thought it might be alil much but apparently not :-) I know your bro will enjoy it. I do!

This whole thread kinda makes me want to buy an assault rifle. Can anyone recommend a decent one? Not totally low-end, but decent quality at least. Any pointers on ones to avoid or ones to look for?

(I've been happy with AK's and Glocks up to now, but have been thinking about an AR for awhile, just don't really know where to start)

Thanks!

This whole thread kinda makes me want to buy an assault rifle. Can anyone recommend a decent one? Not totally low-end, but decent quality at least. Any pointers on ones to avoid or ones to look for?

(I've been happy with AK's and Glocks up to now, but have been thinking about an AR for awhile, just don't really know where to start)

Thanks!

God I hate that term "assault rifle" and what makes an AR any more of an assault rifle than an AK?

I see the AR comes from the company name Armalite. My bad. I had assumed it stood for assault rifle. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has made that mistake.

And the AR-15 came after the AR 10, which used the 7.62 bullets, cool....

Anyway...any pointers on what consider when starting to think about an AR-15 ??/

Thanks

I see the AR comes from the company name Armalite. My bad. I had assumed it stood for assault rifle. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has made that mistake.

Anyway...any pointers on what consider when starting to think about an AR-15 ??/

Thanks

I went with olympic arms K3B m4. Not top shelf, but certainly not the bottom. I'm not in the military or a contractor so I don't need the best. My second m4 is by DSArms. Not sure about their rep but I like'em. I have a young national match BCG in it.

Thanks

Well I think right now S&W M&P 15 are going for around $800.00 at CDNNsports. They did also have the Colt 6520 for around $900.00 and Colt is considered the best. I hate to say this but try reading over at M4carbine.net and find the chart thread it explains all the differences there are in all the brands. You would be amazed to find that alot of the manufacturers only do batch testing on critical componenets. I have the S&W M&P15 OR and it is to the left of the chart which is where you want to be. I got mine when S&W had a $100.00 rebate if bought by Oct. 1,2010 and CDNN had already marked them down 50% so I got mine fairly cheap for an AR that is. If I was buying one now though with the Colt being just $899.00 I would get that one my S&W has been flawless but every single part in the Colts' are MIl spec and have to pass stringent military testing. You can build one cheaper your self but not a whole lot cheaper. Just be forwarned if you go to M4carbine do your research first before asking questions they are not nearly as tolerable as most guys here are. Actually you can find pretty much everything you need to know through the search function there. Just type in "the chart" at the search and you'll have plenty of reading to catch up on.

Tried to order a Colt A4(the 6920) from CDNN (had credit card in hand) , and they're out of stock. Don't know if they'll get more. Etc.

They then tried to sell me a Les Baer.

But from a little bit of research, looks like that wouldn't me mil spec. So not as good in my book. Bait and Switch????/

Anyway. They do have the 6520 in stock still, but I figure if I'm spending that much, go for the 6920 so as not to regret it later. Anyone know a source for the 6920 ??

Thanks...(sorry...getting off topic, but the darn slide stock is what got me going on this...)

Tried to order a Colt A4(the 6920) from CDNN (had credit card in hand) , and they're out of stock. Don't know if they'll get more. Etc.

They then tried to sell me a Les Baer.

But from a little bit of research, looks like that wouldn't me mil spec. So not as good in my book. Bait and Switch????/

Anyway. They do have the 6520 in stock still, but I figure if I'm spending that much, go for the 6920 so as not to regret it later. Anyone know a source for the 6920 ??

Thanks...(sorry...getting off topic, but the darn slide stock is what got me going on this...)

I would put a Les Baer up against a Colt any day of the week in both accuracy and reliability - it's hand fit to exacting tolerances with better components (i.e. Young Manufacturing BCG) and then test fired by the CEO/Owner of the company, instead of mass produced by over-paid union workers that won't sell their product direct to civilians.

AR snobbery about my gun being more mil-spec than yours really irritates me. If you want the best in reliability, spend your money on an AK.

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

I just bought a Rock River AR in 9mm, and I am going to try my stock on it next. I was going threw way to much 223 with it. My next move is to build an AR in 5.45x39 I was going to do that first but I do not have any ammo in that on hand, which is one of the reasons why I bought the RR 9mm first. (plus I have wanted one for a long time)

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Slidefire has a patent too:

http://www.google.com/patents?id=eP7fAQAAEBAJ&zoom=4&dq=rifle%20stock&pg=PA1#v=onepage&q=rifle%20stock&f=false

Here's Bill's patent:

http://www.google.com/patents?id=RhoDAAAAEBAJ&pg=PA20&dq=rifle+ininventor:akins&hl=en&ei=3DhBTruUHKrj0QGh5bDxCQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCkQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=rifle%20ininventor%3Aakins&f=false

Apparently the PTO didn't think Slidefire infinged, that said they aren't the best at that part. The difference is basically the spring. The Akins design uses a spring to bias the stocks movement to push the finger into the trigger. The slide fire patent and design has no such spring, its part of the person pulling the trigger, its effectively their arm, which is part of the shooter. This explains, at least in my mind, why the ATF was OK with the stock. It doesn't add anything to the gun to change how it operates, it just uses the human more efficiently to pull the trigger each time.

I'm listed as an inventor on a few patents myself, and deal with patent lawyers regularly. I don't see an infringement here at all.

• 3 weeks later...

I can see why this is different than the Akins Accelerator, but still, even without the springs, this thing could attract a lot of douchebag attention - especially at the rate people are posting YouTube videos of this thing in action. I wouldn't be surprised if the ATF decided to revisit this and re-evaluate their decision.

$350 is expensive as balls for molded plastic that simply fits to your rifle.

Tempting, but not as tempting as the promised AK version...I'd like to see that - I might re-consider - if I had the choice between burning through .223 ammo that quickly vs. 5.45 that quickly, I'll take the AK version (if they produce one) over the AR one.

http://www.google.com/patents?id=eP7fAQAAEBAJ&zoom=4&dq=rifle%20stock&pg=PA1#v=onepage&q=rifle%20stock&f=false

Here's Bill's patent:

http://www.google.com/patents?id=RhoDAAAAEBAJ&pg=PA20&dq=rifle+ininventor:akins&hl=en&ei=3DhBTruUHKrj0QGh5bDxCQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCkQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=rifle%20ininventor%3Aakins&f=false

Apparently the PTO didn't think Slidefire infinged, that said they aren't the best at that part. The difference is basically the spring. The Akins design uses a spring to bias the stocks movement to push the finger into the trigger. The slide fire patent and design has no such spring, its part of the person pulling the trigger, its effectively their arm, which is part of the shooter. This explains, at least in my mind, why the ATF was OK with the stock. It doesn't add anything to the gun to change how it operates, it just uses the human more efficiently to pull the trigger each time.

I'm listed as an inventor on a few patents myself, and deal with patent lawyers regularly. I don't see an infringement here at all.

Their also not supposed to issue patents on preexisting items that have been available to the public.

I have a combined total of over 100K views on my 2008 videos of the same device for an AK (his application date is '09 my videos are '08) . But hey what do I know :lolol:

• 5 weeks later...

Here's Bill's patent:

Their also not supposed to issue patents on preexisting items that have been available to the public.

I have a combined total of over 100K views on my 2008 videos of the same device for an AK (his application date is '09 my videos are '08) . But hey what do I know :lolol:

CSSpec,

I took a look at your video, and it looks like yours is indeed the same idea. The PTO only evaluates prior art that they have access to. Since you can show prior art, you could easily pursue slidefire for infringement of your design, and collected payment for each stock they have sold, assuming judgement was found in your favor.