North Carolina anyone?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shooting Party at Cobra's this summer!!!

Cobra is very helpful and has a very nice range. Please let him help you with your issues. You won't be disappointed.

I live in Raleigh, nice to see some people from NC on here. Anyone know where I could get my Saiga converted? Or at least someone to help with the process. I have a 7.62 and my shooting buddy has a

I live in Concord. New to the board. My Saiga-12 should be here today or tomorrow. Trying to learn what to do with it. Can't wait to start converting!! I just want to make sure I do it right the first time!!

Update: Picked her up this afternoon. Time to set the plan in motion!! 000.gif

Congrats on your new Saiga 12. Shoot It up!!! :killer:

Right smack in the middle of raleigh, Cant find anywhere good to shoot except family farm in tunis, NC 80 miles away and wake county range in apex.

Cobra lives near Raleigh maybe if your nice to him he might let you come over and shoot. :lolol:

Edited by Rangerguy
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not a N.C.resident but i am in Ga.about 15 min. from Murphy N.C.love my s12 have the parts for the conversion but haven't done it yet.Anyone in this area can shoot at the national forest range on hwy 294 between Murphy and Ducktown Tn.it is called panther top same road that goes across Hiawassee dam.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New to this forum. Wanted to say hello. I live in Wake county as well. Looking to get a Saiga 12, hopefully local. It's nice to see quite a few people from NC on these boards.

Welcome and check with Jim's Gun Shop for the most friendly customer service and the best deals in town if you want to purchase locally. Tell him Shannon sent you.

Hey NC,

Another S12 newbie here located east of Raleigh in Zebulon. Just got my first S12 a couple of weeks back (Perrys Gun Shop, Wendell, NC) and it is now with Jack at JT Engineering for basic conversion. That summer special was too good to pass up! Got a bunch of other goodies from CSS that I'll handle myself once I get it back from Jack. Both Greg at CSS and Jack at JTE are excellent to deal with as I'm sure most of you know.

Like others in this area, I do most of my shooting on friend's farms or at the Wake County Range.

Glad to see NC represented....

• 1 month later...

I'm not a N.C.resident but i am in Ga.about 15 min. from Murphy N.C.love my s12 have the parts for the conversion but haven't done it yet.Anyone in this area can shoot at the national forest range on hwy 294 between Murphy and Ducktown Tn.it is called panther top same road that goes across Hiawassee dam.

I just now saw this, I assume you're close to Chatuge then? I used to hang out at Jack Rabbit and Hiawassee all the time when I was younger.

• 3 weeks later...

I live just outside Charlotte. Not a Saiga 12 owner yet, but have been doing some research. Bunch of information to assimilate, and I really haven't stumbled across a one-stop shop for it all. Planning to add a PG, folding stock, and tri/quad rail to a base 19" model to start with. Trying to decide if it is better to buy parts and do it myself, or just go with a mod version to start with. Suggestions?

I reccomend doing it yourself, I have no knowledge on the S-12, but I can tell you that my 7.62x39 was a snap and was good to learn how the gun worked and what to do if anything failed. So far though I have not had any malfunctions and I am no mechanical genius by any means. By the way CSS has very fast shipping and you can get parts in as little as two days, they are located out of sc so you can get parts at your door quicker than I can and I am 3 hours north of you.

If you have the money though and dont want to get into dissassembling the gun then go for it, either way you win so get one and enjoy.

Yeah - been looking at a lot of parts at CSS. Pretty comfortable with everything except the fire control group. Only other bit of concern is inconsistency between stock builds and their ability to digest anything you feed them (or not). I see posts where people have "cleaned up" the gas system, but much in the way of specifically what was done. I still have a bunch of info to sift through, threads to read, and videos to watch. If anyone has favorite Saiga info repositories - lay em on me! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I live in Raleigh, nice to see some people from NC on here. Anyone know where I could get my Saiga converted? Or at least someone to help with the process. I have a 7.62 and my shooting buddy has a 12g. We are both looking at doing the conversions, but I am scared that I will ruin my rifle. Send me a PM if any of you could help. If you are willing to help, you can come out to our "range" and fire all you want. If you are enough help, I am pretty sure you may have the chance to try to lumber jack a tree or 2 with a 50 BMG!

• Like 1

Hey any1 in the Jacksonville/Wilmington area wanna help with my conversion on my saiga 7.62 Im new to the forums still sketchy about doing my conversion on my own any pointers would be helpful. thank you all and i will pay for your time 012.gif