FGC from carolina shooter supply

Will the FGC from Carolina shooter supply the one that comes in the kit fit in the saiga 308 without having to modify the trigger is self ,, I am going to buy two kits one for the 308 and the 762x39 they are the same kit, most of the places ive seen have a different trigger for the 308

thanks

Will the FGC from Carolina shooter supply the one that comes in the kit fit in the saiga 308 without having to modify the trigger is self ,, I am going to buy two kits one for the 308 and the 762x39 they are the same kit, most of the places ive seen have a different trigger for the 308

thanks

Yes it will. The only thing I had to modify was the safety. Mine was to short and I add metal with the welder and reshaped it to fit and do the job. You can see the before and after pictures in the gallery under My 308. Good luck it wasn't really that hard just something I wasn't expecting to have to do.

thanks

Yes it will. The only thing I had to modify was the safety. Mine was to short and I add metal with the welder and reshaped it to fit and do the job. You can see the before and after pictures in the gallery under My 308. Good luck it wasn't really that hard just something I wasn't expecting to have to do.

I was also under the impression that the side clearance in the trigger hole was excessive. Most commonly remedied by using a spring to hold it to one side or by using washer(s) to take up the slack.

thanks

I was also under the impression that the side clearance in the trigger hole was excessive. Most commonly remedied by using a spring to hold it to one side or by using washer(s) to take up the slack.

There is some slop but so far I haven't found it to be an issue. I also haven't shot it a lot. So the slop may become an issue at some point. I'm having more concern about the recoil on the 16" inch weapon I have. I'm installing a blackjack buffer and recoil pad on today and will report back on the effect of those two if I get a chance to shoot it.

thanks

There is some slop but so far I haven't found it to be an issue. I also haven't shot it a lot. So the slop may become an issue at some point. I'm having more concern about the recoil on the 16" inch weapon I have. I'm installing a blackjack buffer and recoil pad on today and will report back on the effect of those two if I get a chance to shoot it.

Sounds good. I have the long barrel and while recoil is noticeable, there's no way I'm going to add any length/weight to the end of the barrel. Now the other end.....maybe.

• 2 weeks later...

There use to be a thread in the forum noting about the distinct differences between the FCG (Fire Control Group) for the .308 and all the rest of the Saiga rifles. However, I couldn't find it. Anyways, the trigger group for the .308 is unique and needs to be treated as such. If you use a generic trigger like the one from CSS, you leave yourself potential for problems.

I converted my .308 with a Dinzag trigger and it came built ready to install including a proper sized washer to fill the space issue on the .308 receiver. The conversion was easy and it worked great since without any problems.

Do yourself a favor and get a .308 specific FCG.

I have never had any sloopy play issues with any of the 308's I have done using the same triggers I sell. Some do require the safety to be modified, but not all of them have needed it.