Florida shooters

at the previous saiga shoots i helped host at the manatee range, our own forum members were range officers mostly. we usually rent the private range in the back and really open up on stuff. im game for someplace else, but both events at the manatee range were such laid back and cool shoots with folks, id hate to get everyone together at another range and it be policed by the range nazis....

i dunno, its something to think about, any suggestions for locale?

I'd like manatee. I prefer a relaxed range.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How do you like the Dropzone?   I'm in 32218!   Gentlemen, I almost always shoot alone and it sucks. I will be doing a multi-range trip soon to Amelia Shotgun Sports and Second Amendment Inc in

margaret nolan

Lakeland FL here. 33813 zip code. Own a number of Siaga, and AK's and Siaga are my primary firearm interests. Don't do a lot of range fire, but under the right circumstances and location would

Posted Images

ETA: I have a pretty good relationship with Amelia Shotgun Sports in Yulee and I'm sure they would love to bring in a few bucks as long as we were good stewards of the area. There is a huge pit that we could set up in and have fun out to 100 yards or so. I will see what they say about it. It would be a pretty good ride for most though as it is North of Jax. Maybe a Florida/Georgia meet would be appropriate.

I might be interested in something like that. I haven't really visited any ranges since moving to Jacksonville. Most everything I've seen is member-only, pistol-only, shotgun trap/skeet-only or some combination of all three. Gateway and that place down in St. Augustone look interesting, but damn expensive.

Edited by jswledhed

Gateway is range-nazi-ultra-gay unless you are a member. From what I hear, it is a completely different experience when you pay the $100 per year or whatever it is. Hobbyshooter is a member there and I have been meaning to get with him one of these days and see if buying a membership would be worth it. I am on the Northside and it is a pretty good ride for me. I would have to go at least once a month for it to make good sense.

I raise hell at Amealia Shotgun Sports. They are a laidback crew for sure. There are no range nazis there and, at the most, someone may ride by on a golfcart just to take a look at what all the ruckus is. They dig the Saiga 12.

Second Amendment Inc has a really nice indoor 25 yard pistol/rifle range. They have a rapid fire policy, but pretty much let the regulars do whatever they want. I do a lot of business with them and help them ut with Saiga specific issues when they arise.

I'm due for a range trip soon and may shoot another video. I'll let you know a week or so before and if you would like to go, we will certainly make some noise at both places. Both are in Yulee.

ETA: I have a pretty good relationship with Amelia Shotgun Sports in Yulee and I'm sure they would love to bring in a few bucks as long as we were good stewards of the area. There is a huge pit that we could set up in and have fun out to 100 yards or so. I will see what they say about it. It would be a pretty good ride for most though as it is North of Jax. Maybe a Florida/Georgia meet would be appropriate.

I might be interested in something like that. I haven't really visited any ranges since moving to Jacksonville. Most everything I've seen is member-only, pistol-only, shotgun trap/skeet-only or some combination of all three. Gateway and that place down in St. Augustone look interesting, but damn expensive.

Definitely post up when next you head out to the shotgun place at least. I'd be content just to have somewhere to function test modifications and ammo. I'll have to hit the pistol range, too. Need to continue practicing with the Redhawk; not real concerned about rapid fire restrictions when shooting a .44mag wheelgun. :D

32221 Jacksonville. I shoot mostly at Gateway. Without a membership there the range sucks, your limited to only a couple of small areas. With a membership it is much better and they have some decent ranges that allow rapid fire. I grew up in California and even though the gun laws are horrible you could still shoot out in the rural forests/deserts wherever you wanted. I miss being able to take all kinds of fun targets to shoot, shooting paper gets pretty old after a while. I havent been able to get a definite answer if it is legal to just go deep into the woods/swamps here in FL and shoot. Anyone know?

32221 Jacksonville. I shoot mostly at Gateway. Without a membership there the range sucks, your limited to only a couple of small areas. With a membership it is much better and they have some decent ranges that allow rapid fire. I grew up in California and even though the gun laws are horrible you could still shoot out in the rural forests/deserts wherever you wanted. I miss being able to take all kinds of fun targets to shoot, shooting paper gets pretty old after a while. I havent been able to get a definite answer if it is legal to just go deep into the woods/swamps here in FL and shoot. Anyone know?

Very wise to ask that question. If I have been given accurate information, there was a law passed in the late '90s here in FL that makes it a felony to tresspass with a firearm. Times have changed for the worse in many aspects when it comes to firearms.

We used to go to a few spots and shoot all day. On occasion, wildlife officers would come by and see what we were doing. Most times they would just watch for a while to make sure we weren't killing anything and move along.

SE Broward on the border line with North Miami Beach.

Glad to see some FL shooters on here...

Dont mean to step on any toes, and smite me if I am breaking a board rule- but you FL boys should check out our local board @ www.flaguns.com

I was linked here by a fellow member.

Very wise to ask that question. If I have been given accurate information, there was a law passed in the late '90s here in FL that makes it a felony to tresspass with a firearm. Times have changed for the worse in many aspects when it comes to firearms.

We used to go to a few spots and shoot all day. On occasion, wildlife officers would come by and see what we were doing. Most times they would just watch for a while to make sure we weren't killing anything and move along.

you cannot target shoot on public land. This information is from the Sheriff himself in this county.

people do it anyway, but you can get in deep shit. at least in my neck of the woods. you have to have either 20 or 40 acres to be able to shoot.

another noteable law down here is it is a felony to participate in or practice, or train others in paramilitary training. so i guess paintball matches are illegal too!!

(most people dont give a rats ass if you arent screwing with anything or causing a problem)

I could be wrong but it is my understanding that when you shoot at the Wyoming antelope club in Clearwater on Saturdays or any day it is considered a public range day, you must shoot long guns from the bench rest position which to me is pointless when shooting the S12. However on Thursday nights they have what they call action shotgun which I think is considered a club event and I believe they allow you to stand up and shoot. I will try and confirm this info and add to it if needed, it definitely sounds like its worth checking out.

Definitely post up when next you head out to the shotgun place at least. I'd be content just to have somewhere to function test modifications and ammo. I'll have to hit the pistol range, too. Need to continue practicing with the Redhawk; not real concerned about rapid fire restrictions when shooting a .44mag wheelgun. :D

I can't stop looking at the chick in your avatar! Who is she?

margaret nolan

post-26137-0-49473700-1303149629_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

margaret nolan

Thanks

Second Amendment Inc has a really nice indoor 25 yard pistol/rifle range. They have a rapid fire policy, but pretty much let the regulars do whatever they want. I do a lot of business with them and help them ut with Saiga specific issues when they arise.

Visited Second Amendment yesterday. Nice place. Folks behind the counter were polite and helpful. Range was pretty clean. Had good airflow, too. I could feel a breeze blowing down range the whole time. Did a good job of keeping smoke and fumes away from the shooters. Could have been a fuzz cooler inside, but I was there in the middle of the day and it was hotter than forty hells outside. All in all, I was impressed.

No sign of a rapid fire policy. There was someone there with a lasered .22 of some description that was unloading just as fast as the trigger could be pulled.

As a side note, I've determined that there are three levels of loud in an indoor range. There's the normal loud of the average centerfire pistol or revolver. There's damn loud of a really big revolvers. Then there's Mosin carbine fired inside loud. Sweet merciful crap. Even with ear plugs under earmuffs, that was unpleasant. Thankfully, that dude left not long after I arrived.

I live in Camden Georgia, just across the Florida line. There is new range up here that has basically no rules. It is called Oakwell Armory. They allow rapid fire, rifles, shot guns, sling shots, stone arrows, etc.... The owner even said if you wanted to shoot a 50BMG he didnt care. I asked if the berm would definetly contain the BMG round and he said "Probably." Me and a buddy went yesterday and burnt about $200 in ammo and had a blast. We played horse, gun style, and everything. Awesome place. They also have great gun prices. Better than anywhere I have found locally.

Havent ventured down to Yulee in a while, but would definetly be up for a shoot. My S12 is in alot of pieces right now being duracoated and converted, and mabey I could pick your brains while we shot.

• 4 weeks later...