Florida shooters

A meet up sounds great Ben, Wildwood's just down the road from me, just let me know where and when, Beef O'Brady's at 301 and 44 is popular, had lots of "Debriefs" after IDPA matches there, but anyplace will do. We should talk about "I cant target practice on public land down here" You mean outside of a public range? We have one in the Ocala National Forest on Forest Road 88, 1/2 mile from SR 40, has a 100 yard rifle/pistol range and a large shotgun/trap section, (you can shoot targets too, at least no one has told me I can't) and there's one in the Goethe State Forest on SR 337 that's north of you, funny they don't mention it on their website. I think they are both managed by FWC, haven't been to the Goethe in a long time, call to see if they're still there. I think the idea of confining target/practice shooting to designated areas is reasonable, keeps lead in a confined, mine-able area, is a little more friendly to wildlife, and helps FWC somewhat with poaching. Looking forward to meeting you and other Saiga owners.

By the way, found the local guy that does Cerakote, I will soon have 2 Blue Titanium S-12's, he'll also weld/fill the old FCG holes and the BHO hole.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How do you like the Dropzone?   I'm in 32218!   Gentlemen, I almost always shoot alone and it sucks. I will be doing a multi-range trip soon to Amelia Shotgun Sports and Second Amendment Inc in

margaret nolan

Lakeland FL here. 33813 zip code. Own a number of Siaga, and AK's and Siaga are my primary firearm interests. Don't do a lot of range fire, but under the right circumstances and location would

Posted Images

The high temp air dry? I thought about this and asked, the guy at cerakote, said the regular firearm coating would be fine, so I ordered the color I wanted. At $60 for a pint, I will just have to live with it for now. S-12 #2, when I shot 20 3" slugs through it, got the barrel hot enough to fry eggs, so there is another good survival use for this gun! If I get in a combat situation where I have to fire enough rounds to melt or mess up the firearm coating, I probably won't be worried about how it looks! Seriously, I'll just let it cool between mag dumps. Oh, #2 definitely was different than #1 in small ways, I swear the gas block is thicker steel. 4 port, ate everything out of the box, with a little lube, stock puc and plug, I am tickled silly!

Oh, nobody else wants to meet up?

Just checked, they have the color I got, for just $10 more.

Edited by wearefla
  • 2 weeks later...

33411 here, royal palm beach, palm beach county = SUCKS! a ton of land, some private, some STA's for hunting but no where you can really go out and do your thing. ive never seen so much open area that is off limits. once in a while you might catch a land owner and request permission to shoot pigs (major eradication going on w/ them as most down here know and else where too) some are good about it and most are not. looking to move out west like UT or NM , AZ most of it all there is ok with shooting sports with those who are responsible firearms owners. We go up to okeechobee county to a few ranges there

here they are http://www.okcorralgunclub.com/index.htm and the other http://okshooting.com/

havent been to OK coral, but i have been to OK shooting and they have some ranges that let you bring things to fire upon and they have some LD ranges and they have a monitored line for rifle and pistol. i find it shame with all the land in FL that we have to resort to going to ranges. i guess it beats not having any at all. one day i hope i can move to a state that has a more relaxed attitude towards the shooting sports until then i will vist those 2.

well what when and where, folks?

its hot out, its a bastard of a state, but lets figure it out???

i only own a 1/4 acre now, so we cant shoot here.

where are we going, and when?

lets make a plan, folks....

Daytona Beach Here. A few ranges. The best is Gander Mountain in Lake Mary on I-4 heading towards Orlando.

You can shoot Class III, Full auto's, shotguns, rifles, but you can not shoot .50Cal.

I go over to the hunting club twice a year over near Gulf Hammock and let it rock.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Miami 33178 (actually Doral). Bought a 16" Saiga in 7.62x39 back in March. My first firearm ever, and I love it. I usually shoot it at Trail Glades since its the closest one to me that lets me use cheap ammo rather than brass-cased non magnetic rounds.

Try henry's range down in homestead, 320 st and 228th ave. You can have a lot more fun there than at trail glades.

Yep, i go to Trail Glades too (to shoot my long guns...i live by M.I.A.)

ditto't to you, try henry's, a heck of lot more fun than trail glades.

Miami 33178 (actually Doral). Bought a 16" Saiga in 7.62x39 back in March. My first firearm ever, and I love it. I usually shoot it at Trail Glades since its the closest one to me that lets me use cheap ammo rather than brass-cased non magnetic rounds.

Try henry's range down in homestead, 320 st and 228th ave. You can have a lot more fun there than at trail glades.

Only problem is that its 1 hr away each way, vs 20 mins compared to TG

Only problem is that its 1 hr away each way, vs 20 mins compared to TG

Ahh, but wouldn't you like to be able to rapid shoot your weapon? Can't do that at TG. BTW, Henrys is a haul for me also but I'd rather do that than TG.

@mavidal...Yep, I remember talking to you on here a few months ago about Henry's. Well, I'm wrapping up my S12 build and just need to order ammo so I'll be there sometime this month.

King

Finally took the kush out to test it, after some tuning it ran like a champ, very nice gun to shoot and I was surprised that the recoil was not that bad. Ran 100 rounds through it and did some rapid fire. Have to get more loads to finish breaking it in, but so far I am satisfied beyond my wildest dreams.

Mike

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

jacksonville 32205

anyone have more info on the FOP range in st. auggie? i have gotten some info over the internet, ran into christ costa at gun gallery and he said he shoots there. Gateway sucks because i didnt buy an AK to shoot it sitting down. nor do i want to spend 250 a year to shoot sitting down.

Have driven to the range in lake city multiple times hoping to be able to get in front of the line and get some drills done but there is almost always people there. Also no shotguns allowed there, according to the signs that are peppered with buckshot.

Hoping FOP will solve my problems. able to safely run through some drills, be in an environment where folks don't see someone doing a tac reload and assume you are a terrorist, and blast some 12 ga shells while im at it.

HELP!?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
well what when and where, folks?

its hot out, its a bastard of a state, but lets figure it out???

i only own a 1/4 acre now, so we cant shoot here.

where are we going, and when?

lets make a plan, folks....

Damn! This threads up for two years and no shoot yet? Sorry bro, I've been gone way too long, but I'm back in the game so let's go blow some shit up.

You guys give me a window of a few weeks that's a month or two out, and I'll get us another Saiga shoot set up at Manatee. Unfortunately, the secret is out on this range, so they are quite busy these days and you tend to have to book your day well in advance.

Do you realize the last one we did was in 2009!!? Four years...how the hell did that happen?

• 2 weeks later...

New to the forum, finally got my dream shotty, a Saiga 12. Got most of my conversion parts ordered, and will be converting it befor there is even a round in the pipe.. Not a big fan of the sporter style at all.

I'm in 34736, Lake county a little south of Leesburg.

I'm an M-14 'smith, so this looks like it should go well. Probably won't do a conversion thread, as there already plenty, but will post pics of the completed project when done. The clue I'll throw out is that it won't be black any more.