Florida shooters

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How do you like the Dropzone?   I'm in 32218!   Gentlemen, I almost always shoot alone and it sucks. I will be doing a multi-range trip soon to Amelia Shotgun Sports and Second Amendment Inc in

margaret nolan

Lakeland FL here. 33813 zip code. Own a number of Siaga, and AK's and Siaga are my primary firearm interests. Don't do a lot of range fire, but under the right circumstances and location would

Posted Images

Defensive shooting courses are not considered "Paramilitary" training in Florida. Teaching a group of shooters how to shoot, move, and communicate while flanking and eliminating a threat is though.

like.....paintball? :) sorry, just stirring the pot....dumb law.

Defensive shooting courses are not considered "Paramilitary" training in Florida. Teaching a group of shooters how to shoot, move, and communicate while flanking and eliminating a threat is though.

like.....paintball? smile.png sorry, just stirring the pot....dumb law.

Yeah it seems like a flimsy catch all, similar to disorderly conduct.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to suggest it, but hows about rednecks VS the cops?

I KNOW im gonna regret this, but all of us, charge you guys on the other end of the range, and we see who "scores" a point. LOL

fuckin tazers n shit.....all we gotta do is touch the finish line.....

I KNOW im gonna regret even suggesting this, but it sounds like some serious fun!!!!

the cops vs the rednecks!! I bet we can score a point and win!!!

(man, i regret even suggesting it, but the hell with it!)

just dont fuckin kill me guys! LOL

I have my money on the COPS, but who knows? it might be an upset?

now THAT might be some serious fun, folks!

New Member in the 32725 area. Long time S-12 owner and other items.

Gander Mountain in Lake Mary has a nice in door range.

You can shoot anything from full-auto, shotgun, rifle except .50cal. And shotguns( only buckshot ).

If you leave in the area, check it out. I need to find some shooting buddies.

Edited by 4LaYeRcAkE
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone hitting up the gun shows tomorrow and Sunday in Tampa? I'm probably going to stop by Sunday afternoon and see if I can snag any "deals." Also been wanting to hold an FS-2000 to see if it's for me.

Edited by LeoPTY
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey gang, 32459 Destin/PCB here.

Just bought a 12 and looking forward to the conversion. Love all the helpful people and enthusiasm on this site. Would like to find someone in the Panhandle area who could do some work I cannot do like sandblast, repaint and a back plate weld.

Edited by TNJed

I recently found the best place in TampaBay to shoot my saiga it is Shooting Sports of Tampa on Dale Mabry. No slugs or steel shot allowed but everything else goes. Finally I can shoot the cheap birdshot all day if I want. I just wish someone had told me about this place 2 years ago, I have wasted alot of money on ammo which is close to 1 dollar per round and now I get to store it.

nothing is too busy. if they dont rent ahead of time the whole range, i dun wanna go.

the saiga12 forum has a VERY good rap with the Manatee Gun Club. its mid state. we have gotten pretty fuckin crazy over there.

we have reserved the back range a couple of times, and members are on this forum. its a good day, even without full autos (they are allowed and show up, along with 1/2 the public that is on the rent a range stuff)....just leave the retarded shooter crap in the car, and its on, if ya'll wanna do it....

we are due i guess. hows bout this fall sometime ?

It will be a bit a of a drive for a lot of ya'll, but its central and its hot. no two second shit here.

hell, i wouldnt be surprised if a couple of my bowling pins are still out there being shot up....

we have had really good turnouts....

Edited by Ben Vampatella

If y'all really want to get together and don't want to be doing all the organizational work,

and you don't mind waiting 'till October,

and if you don't mind camping overnight,

and if you don't mind horning in on someone else's event,

and you don't mind driving through a bit of dirt road

Then, we could just join in with the SKSBoards florida shoot. This has become something of a regular event every six months. This upcoming october will be the fourth time they do it. I've been to three of them. It's held in the Hendry County Sheriff's training range. The area is just south of Clewiston Florida (just south of Lake Okeechobe). It's a pretty big area with a couple of ranges and a camping area. There's even a small bulding with bathrooms so the camping is not too harsh. One guy over on SKS boards has the hookup and he arranges for us to have the entire area to ourselves pretty much all weekend though the shooting is mostly on Saturday.

The way it works is people show up on Friday and set up camp, Saturday morning there's breakfast and then shooting all day with a break for lunch and then a couple of competitions and then more free shooting until around 6PM or right before the sun starts going down, then there's dinner. Saturday night after dinner there's a bonfire where we all sit around the fire and prizes for the competitions are handed out as well as doorprizes (pretty much everyone gets something). Some people leave Saturday night but most people stay overnight and leave on Sunday morning after breakfast.

The meals are a collaborative effort. Everyone brings something and there's usually one person or a couple of people that are in charge of cooking and someone usually brings a big grill (I mean a big@$$ tow behind your truck type grill). This is some really good eating we're talking about here too. Usually it involves a lot of seared meat including burgers, hot dogs, sausages, ribs, steaks and just about anything else you can imagine.

The prizes for the competitions are usually pretty good, though the doorprizes are also a collaborative effort as it's usually stuff people have donated and there's usually a gag gift in there (it's mostly just extra gear & such, but it's all fun) though as of last October the event actually started getting corporate sponsorship with Tapco donating some of the nicer prizes.

If you want to participate all you really need to do is bring your guns, a tent, and a target stand of your own along with your own targets as none are available at the range. Most people either take the MTM target stands or just some wooden poles of their own making.

It would be appreciated if you can contribute to the food, but it's not absolutely necessary, especially your first time. The guy in charge also arranges to bring a line of elecricity down to a post in the middle of the campground so all you need is a long extension cable and you can tap into it. I go with my little bro & my nephew & we all take our laptops and have a wireless hotspot card so we have wireless internet the whole time (yeah, this is really roughing it eh?).

I know there are several people on this forum that are also on SKSBoards, but I don'tknow if anyone else on this board has been to the event. Everyone should feel free to join in though since they love getting new people.

You can check out a thread on SKSBoards about it here;

http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=101524.0

This past March they treid something new arriving earlier on Friday and having a tactical handgun training class and then having a movie at night on a projected screen. We didn't get there 'till around midnight so we missed that part but I hear it was fun and will probably be repeated.

Edited by cvasqu03
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello all, 34471, Ocala for me. I must say (well, really repeat what is posted over and over) this is the best forum, with the best Saiga specific info and some of the most entertaining members I have ever visited or been a member of.

I'm new to Saiga's and AK's, but have extensive firearms background. I have #1 S-12, internals at Pauly's, otherwise almost fully modded, picking up #2 Monday, really enjoy the customizing process.

The most fun firearm I have ever owned, I was told I would regret buying a Saiga pos, another lesson in "Don't believe everything you hear".

I also heard the same thing about Glocks for years before I shot one, now I own 3, looking for #4.

Thanks and mucho kudos to the Forum staff and all the great members, I have learned a ton in a short time, and still learning.

Any other members in Ocala?

Edited by wearefla

Hey Ben, read many of your posts, glad to hear from another central FL Saiga shooter, and an afficionado at that! I'm a member and past president of Ocala Sportsman's Association (osarange.com) and a firearms safety instructor. Love boating out of Crystal River and Homosassa, also up at Cedar Key, Steinhatchee and Keaton Beach, know some IDPA shooters from Hernando county, can't recall offhand anybody (IDPA) from Citrus, but the memory is the first thing to go!

So you are part of the forum team? Are you part of a gunshop over there? I think I saw a photo or something that made me think that. If so I'll stop by someday. I'm also looking for someone to bead blast and paint (duracote or some such) my saiga's when I'm done with them. Might end up getting a Harbor Freight setup, but then I'd want to blast and paint others, or go broke buying more AK's to convert! We have very few gunsmith's in Ocala anymore, the best ones have passed away, retired or moved, been trying to contact Robert Wilson here, no luck so far.

Been using Cecil Younce, CG Services in Ocala for years as FFL, but he's an AR man, AK's not really his cup of tea, he is a past president of Williston gun club. I was surprised how quickly I amassed the info (and courage!) to tackle a new platform. Thanks to this forum I confidently pulled gas block, drilled ports, bought a bunch of parts from CSS and Mississippi, next will purchase some mags and auto plug from forum store. My 4 ports were less than 1/16" and clogged with metal, a dental pick went through, but that was deceiving. Looked like they drilled 4 tiny pilot holes through, then followed with a slightly large than 1/16 but less than 5/64, but didn't drill all the way through, pushed steel into the holes. A post on here said they punch the gas ports at Izhmash? Polished feed ramp and rails, cycled pretty good after that, now can't wait to get the innards back from Pauly. I've been a Ruger/Ithaca/Browning/AR/Benelli long gun man, in that order, over the years. Great to take pride in something I "built" myself! Hope to meet you someday!

Edited by wearefla

yeh, sometimes the chrome lining of the bore is left partly obscuring the ports on the newer guns.

blasting isnt a big deal, nor is paint. I can show you all of that, although I would ask that you not go training gunsmiths here in the way that i perform the work.

As for the forum and past dealings with builders here, it is there. Although I may be a nut, im not your average gun forum nut. ( I actually know what I am talking about with this weapon! GO FIGURE!)

we will have to do lunch sometime. I live out off 200.

lets have coffee in Wildwood. When is a good time, folks??? I aint scared, I use my real name on here for a long time....Im backing the best firearm on the planet. not a bad place to start, huh?

where you folks at? lotta miami folks, come on, where you all at, i know there is a shit ton of you.....

lets give them an example that they can set.

All I know is this is bullshit that I cant target practice on public land down here. I aint too happy bout that shit, guys. Where are we gonna shoot some guns at? There are a lot of us, lets get a shoot going. Its fucking stupid that we arent all hanging out together. RE - TARD - ED.

Lets go shoot some guns together, people....

Edited by Ben Vampatella