1-2mm is lot of movement imho when talking about something that acts as a sight base... I have had a peep sight mounted on a dust cover, it held zero very well. Just hammered the cover so that it was tight fit. You can also tighten it by welding material to it then filing it to exact fit. Also welding material to cover release button hole so that release button kinda presses the cover down and tight helps.

Can anyone give input about installing HK sights on their 308? Just curious if maintaining zero is possible or will it jump to minute of man? My cover seems very rock solid, very minute (1-2 mm) side to side movement if I put about 15 pounds of pressure on it. Input please...

How long will your sight radius be with the HK sight installed ? (Distance between your front and rear sight)

How long will your sight radius be with the HK sight installed ? (Distance between your front and rear sight)

For instance, if your sight radius is 15" and your target is 100 yds away, a movement of 2mm on your rear sight would cause the point of impact to move 18.8".

Edited by jacksmad1