Any difference in the quality?

Anyone know if there is any quality difference in the older like 1993 B West Saiga's VS. a little newer one like a 2003 EEA? The newer one seems to look cheaper quality wise, stamping, maybe I'm wrong but holding both of them and looking them over kind of seems that way. Anyone have any insight of this or to the contrary as well? The newer does have the BHO and newer barrel, parts, whereas the older one does not but that's about it from what I can tell. Trying to make a decision on which one to keep if my better half makes me part with one. :cryss:

I know of a guy with a B West AK who sent it to a gunsmith to have the receiver replaced with a Nodak Spud one, so I'd think a better quality receiver, or rifle using a better receiver like an EAA or RAAC gun might be of higher quality.

Thanks for the insight and response! One thing cosmetic I don't like on the newer receivers, I know it's petty is the "Read Owners Manual Before Use" engraving on the side of the receiver.

Thanks for the insight and response! One thing cosmetic I don't like on the newer receivers, I know it's petty is the "Read Owners Manual Before Use" engraving on the side of the receiver.

Not sure about the engraving there, but I must say, I do not think that it is petty. I won't buy another gun with all of that crap engraved on it!! I hate that shit! It is a GUN, I know it is Effin dangerous!!

Glad to hear someone feels the same!! To engrave a whole sentence or paragraph on the receiver looks like garbage. Yes if you don't know common safety with/around firearms then you have a class or two to take!

I know of a guy with a B West AK who sent it to a gunsmith to have the receiver replaced with a Nodak Spud one, so I'd think a better quality receiver, or rifle using a better receiver like an EAA or RAAC gun might be of higher quality.

Bwest had a famous problem back in the early 1990's with some Chinese AK rifles they rebuilt onto US made unheat-treated receivers before the 10 parts rule came into play. The rifles fell apart within a few thousand rounds. The Saiga rifles should have never been anything but original Russian receivers.

Anyone know if there is any quality difference in the older like 1993 B West Saiga's VS. a little newer one like a 2003 EEA? The newer one seems to look cheaper quality wise, stamping, maybe I'm wrong but holding both of them and looking them over kind of seems that way. Anyone have any insight of this or to the contrary as well? The newer does have the BHO and newer barrel, parts, whereas the older one does not but that's about it from what I can tell. Trying to make a decision on which one to keep if my better half makes me part with one. :cryss:

Unless they used to be 1.5mm receivers, I wouldn't think they are any stronger. I wish someone would measure how wide the Bwest Saiga barrels were at the gas block just to compare.