SVD inspired Saiga 308

I personally found the Saiga 22" 308 to be a really cool platform to make a rifle that fits somewhere between a PSL and SVD. The rifle has SVD Dragunov handguards. I made an adapter kit to fit the SVD handguards onto the S308.

The entire build can be viewed here:

http://thedsmlab.com...oject_main.html

Here is what I came up with:

s2.jpg

three_quarter.jpg

Edited by bh_4000
  • Like 1

I like it where did you get the retainers for the front hand gaurd

http://thedsmlab.com...vd_adapter.html

130 is kind of steep for me maby I will try and make my own or wait till tax time

You need to have the aluminum pieces anodized-it almost looks like "bling" on your saiga. haha.

Very cool, I like the muzzle device. Can you go into detail on what was done to attach it?

That stock on a saiga 308... Oh my god... Exactly what I was wanting.

No way in hell would I cut my receiver that severely just for a stock though :\.

The PSL might enjoy having the set on it.

Edited by Tombs

Thanks for the kind words. The SVD adapter kit and rifle still need to be refinished. Everything will be black soon I promise. I finished the metal work yesterday and really wanted to get the photos up to show people what I am up to.

I designed the SVD handguard adapter kit and use a CNC mill to make them. The adapter kit on my webpage is only for the PSL, the S308 kit that you see here is not available yet.

Edited by bh_4000

That stock on a saiga 308... Oh my god... Exactly what I was wanting.

No way in hell would I cut my receiver that severely just for a stock though :\.

The PSL might enjoy having the set on it.

I was wondering if the stock could be slotted out rather than cutting up that fine Russian steel myself. Just a thought.

Thanks for the kind words. The SVD adapter kit and rifle still need to be refinished. Everything will be black soon I promise. I finished the metal work yesterday and really wanted to get the photos up to show people what I am up to.

I designed the SVD handguard adapter kit and use a CNC mill to make them. The adapter kit on my webpage is only for the PSL, the S308 kit that you see here is not available yet.

BTW, I think you're supposed to be a business member here before you start advertising stuff for sale. I could be wrong but you might want to check with the mods just to be on the safe side.

BTW, I think you're supposed to be a business member here before you start advertising stuff for sale. I could be wrong but you might want to check with the mods just to be on the safe side.

Thank you for the warning. I am not selling any Saiga parts here or at the website where the project files are stored. I only sell PSL parts at this time.

Edited by bh_4000