Please don't bash me for this one. I'm sure it's been discussed. I have a magwell that I wanna install. I know I can't use a drum, but all my other saigas will accept my drums. I just wanted it on one of my saigas. So, considering I have no instructions, it looks fairly simple. Remove pin in back, and replace with new pin. Drill small hole in receiver in front for bolt in front of magwell. Sound about right? Now do the mags now need to be modified? And if so, how well do they stay in place? And if so where are the modified?

Sounds like you are installing an SGM magwell, it goes in real easy. The mags do need to be modified, grind off the front lug a little at a time until the mag locks up. Report back with results once it is installed and you try it out, I have tried the SGM on a couple of different guns with no luck. I really prefer the look of the SGM to the JTE

but all it ever did was have FTF problems. I run the JTE on a SBS and it works the majority of the time but I would never rely on it for a home defense weapon.

I have the JTE, it works great, but I agree the fit is kind of ugly. Function before form is really what it boils down to. Of course, if you're in the middle of overhauling your saiga, you can always do some blending. I went at it with a grinder and some jb weld and the end result is nice. I'll post some pics once I get the barrel threaded and the Chaos Warthog put back on.

Would you suggest getting rid of this one and buying the other??

Well I don't know, all these Saigas are different so there are no absolutes. That said I started a thread a while back asking for input on both types of magwells, I don't remember anyone saying they had the SGM and it ran fine. The SGM mimics the look of the original Russian magwell really well, problem is the US mags look nothing like the Russian ones. The Russian mags are much boxier and fit in the magwell really snug. If you have the magwell already you might want to try it, only draw back is once you alter the mags they won't fit the JTE. The R&R is a good option and probably the best aftermarket magwell out there, I personally don't like the look of it because it is so long and the mag release is on the side. If I were building a 3 gun or race-gun that would be the only option.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/61078-anyone-using-a-sgm-or-jt-engineering-magwell/page__p__582775#entry582775