Factory trigger vs aftermarket

Im doing a conversion but need to keep the trigger in the factory place... if i get a after market trigger will it drop into the same place as factory with any modding?? will be using PSL rear stock. This is why i need to keep trigger in factory setup but would love to have a better trigger.... Thanks for any help!!!!

No it won't fit into the original location. The triggers are made completely differently and even if you could get an aftermarket in there you would still have to use the rocker setup. That would negate any advantage of going aftermarket anyway.

I don't know everything but what I can tell you is from my own personal experience. I went from the "sporterized hunting" stock to a tapco pistol grip and I was very disappointed with this. The problem is the saiga 308 trigger doesn't go straight but but at an angle pulling upwards into the receiver. My experience was I had no idea when the hammer would release and I was getting hand fatigue from the angle.

Unfortunately, the 308 factory trigger is the worst of any stock Saiga setups. I ran my 223 and 12 gauge for quite a while before converting them and they really weren't that bad. The 308 is as you described it, which isn't good. Not to tell you what to do but in my opinion the 308 would benefit more from a conversion than any other model. I do believe you would be much happier once you convert it.

Unfortunately, the 308 factory trigger is the worst of any stock Saiga setups. I ran my 223 and 12 gauge for quite a while before converting them and they really weren't that bad. The 308 is as you described it, which isn't good. Not to tell you what to do but in my opinion the 308 would benefit more from a conversion than any other model. I do believe you would be much happier once you convert it.

Ditto!

It is perhaps the worst trigger Ive ever used and I ran mine a while to make sure no warranty issues would pop up.

I gather its the law forcing that trigger on you, our sympathies.

• Like 1