anyone left in Maryland?

I'm still holding out in P.G. Co. but .... I am planning my escape!

Can't help on a local 'smith, but you can do it yourself. There are detailed instructions buried in the site history here. Look at the pix and I bet you do you're own!

What kind of work are you looking for? Much of what can be done to a Saiga you can do yourself.

I live in central MD so can't recommend anyone local to you, but head over to MDshooters.com and ask the same question. Lots of good people over there.

• 3 weeks later...

I originally wrote, looking for a gunsmith in MD. After a lot of research I decided to go with Mike Rogers at Lone Star Arms. I was kinda sticker shocked but after reading all the reviews on his work I decided I wanted my one and only custom gun to do what I wanted it to do and in my opinion Mike is the Man. I'll let everyone know what the end result is when I get the gun back in approx. 6 weeks. I took your advice and joined MD Shooters, it's a great forum.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Back in April I posted I had purchased a Saiga 12 and sent it to Lone Star Arms in Albuquerque, NM for modifications. Well, I got the gun back a few weeks ago. Boy, let me tell you this, if you have, or are considering buying a Saiga 12, and are looking for a Gunsmith to do the necessary modifications, look no further. Mike Rogers at Lone Star Arms is the Saiga 12 Man. Check out www.lonestararms.com , under "Gallery" look at the Signcutter, that is the one he built for me. It is the most beautiful, wicked looking gun in my collection. It performs exactly as Mike said it would. I went through two boxes of Federal Game-shok in minutes with no FTF or FTE. Sure, some guys do their own modifications and that's fine. There are several very good shops who will do modifications at a lower price but, after paying more for the gun than I should have, I wanted it to perform perfectly. This gun will fire as fast as you can pull. Pay the price and go for the best.

• Like 1