I've read good things about the AA conversion kits, although I have no personal experience with them. The only thing I don't like is how they're limited to 10 rounds (which will never change, unless an aftermarket company makes mags, as AA is Cali and can't even produce 10+ round mags in that state). Assuming from your username, that you're in Cali yourself, this shouldn't be a problem.

I see the kits go up for sale on Arfcom from time to time for about $250. Glock Meister carries all the kits, but for $350+ I believe.

Tactical Solutions came out with a Glock .22 conversion kit with 15 round mags. But they're going through some teething problems with this particular product, and I'd personally stay away from their kits until they get the bugs worked out.

Here's some vids that probably have some useful info: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=advantage+arms+glock+conversion&aq=f

I have the advantage arms for my glock 22 and 17. It works flawlessly! I use it all the time. I bought an extra mag, and trijicon night sites with it also. Bought it from glockmeister awhile back and it was 250 bucks.

Edited by WESLEY 3

I have the advantage arms for my glock 22 and 17. It works flawlessly! I use it all the time. I bought an extra mag, and trijicon night sites with it also. Bought it from glockmeister awhile back and it was 250 bucks.

Luck bastard! $250 is a great price for a new unit.

BTW, I just checked, and they're $325 at Glock Meister, not $350+ like I mentioned earlier.

Luck bastard! $250 is a great price for a new unit.

BTW, I just checked, and they're $325 at Glock Meister, not $350+ like I mentioned earlier.

Well, buying a new S12 made up for the good deal I got on the 22 conversion. LOL

I would like to get that 50 GI Some day also.

I've read good things about the AA conversion kits, although I have no personal experience with them. The only thing I don't like is how they're limited to 10 rounds (which will never change, unless an aftermarket company makes mags, as AA is Cali and can't even produce 10+ round mags in that state). Assuming from your username, that you're in Cali yourself, this shouldn't be a problem.

I see the kits go up for sale on Arfcom from time to time for about $250. Glock Meister carries all the kits, but for $350+ I believe.

Tactical Solutions came out with a Glock .22 conversion kit with 15 round mags. But they're going through some teething problems with this particular product, and I'd personally stay away from their kits until they get the bugs worked out.

Here's some vids that probably have some useful info: http://www.youtube.c...conversion&aq=f

heh, yea im in california. 325 doesnt sound too bad for a new conversion kit. i could easily spend that much on ammo in larger calibers. although i gotta say, im very impressed that these conversions dont jam. from my experience .22 lr firearms seem to jam all the time.

i just like the idea of being able to buy enough ammo to keep myself busy all day without spending so much money. it seems like when i buy rounds for larger calibers, i dont even get that much, and it comes out being very expensive. makes me not even want to shoot the ammunition i have

Here's some vids that probably have some useful info: http://www.youtube.c...conversion&aq=f

heh, yea im in california. 325 doesnt sound too bad for a new conversion kit. i could easily spend that much on ammo in larger calibers. although i gotta say, im very impressed that these conversions dont jam. from my experience .22 lr firearms seem to jam all the time.

i just like the idea of being able to buy enough ammo to keep myself busy all day without spending so much money. it seems like when i buy rounds for larger calibers, i dont even get that much, and it comes out being very expensive. makes me not even want to shoot the ammunition i have

Yeah, the price isn't horrible. You figure, if you put enough rounds through one, it will essentially pay for itself at some point.

I know not everyone's experience mirrors WESLEY's flawless experience with the AA kits. Just like you said, .22's can be very finicky with certain ammo. Seems to be a trait of many .22's, not just conversion kits. But out of the options for .22 conversions for Glocks, I'd go with the AA, no question. Lots of good reports on them. Hopefully Tac-Sol gets theirs running right soon.

I just saw 1 or 2 AA Glock kits up for sale on Arfcom, but they're for 17/22 frames, I think.

definitely man, even 9mm rounds can get to be expensive, especially if you practice with the intent of improving ability rather than simply to have fun. i could easily go through 100 dollars of ammunition in an afternoon. but 22 lr goes for a little under 20 dollars for 550 rounds at walmart. at that price, i could see myself feeling obligated to get lots of practice.

and also, i wouldnt mind if the thing jams occasionally. its something i expect out of a 22 firearm, at least to some extent. but it gets old if its jamming every other shot. i have a remington 22 rifle thats like that. it seriously jams at least half the time, maybe even more than that

I have over 1000 rounds trough mine. I just keep it clean, and lube it with G-lube. It's really accurate too. I did alot of research and came up with the AA. I reload for all my pistols but for the 18 bucks for 550 rnds at walmart you can't go wrong. Stingers are fun to shoot also, makes a nice white flash :) Every time I shoot it, someone at the range asks about it.

Edited by WESLEY 3

sounds like alot of fun. see, ive been trying to become better at reflex shooting with my pistols, but man that goes through ammo so fast.

i wish someone would give me an unlimited supply of .45 acp ammo. id practice so much i could hit nickels falling through the air!!! lol

I have one of the 19/23 models, and it works very well. These conversion kits do not much like low-velocity ammunition - remington golden bullet is recommended by the factory, and has always worked well for me.

Also, Advantage Arms customer service is very good. My extractor spring failed after a few thousand rounds, and when I called about their warranty, instead of having to ship the whole kit back and forth, they just shipped me the replacement spring, without doing anything to verify that I even actually owned the kit.

If you live in a state where hi-caps are legal, the mags they've been making the last few years are very easy to modify to accept a larger number of rounds - the old ones were sealed shut and just about impossible to modify. The floorplate retainer is a long tubular piece of steel, made long enough to limit the travel of the follower so the magazine will only accept ten rounds. The magazines for the different models use the same followers (and I think the same mag spring, not 100% sure of that), and just vary the length of the floorplate retainer to limit capacity. I made myself some shorter floorplate retainers out of thin sheet steel cut with tin snips and hit with a punch to form the right shape. The model 19/23 magazines will hold 12 rounds with this mod. With a shortened follower, I'm confident they could be made to hold 13 rounds, but 14 is unlikely. The 17/22 magazines could probably be made to hold 15 rounds with a shortened follower and floorplate retainer.

• Like 1

I have one of the 19/23 models, and it works very well. These conversion kits do not much like low-velocity ammunition - remington golden bullet is recommended by the factory, and has always worked well for me.

Also, Advantage Arms customer service is very good. My extractor spring failed after a few thousand rounds, and when I called about their warranty, instead of having to ship the whole kit back and forth, they just shipped me the replacement spring, without doing anything to verify that I even actually owned the kit.

If you live in a state where hi-caps are legal, the mags they've been making the last few years are very easy to modify to accept a larger number of rounds - the old ones were sealed shut and just about impossible to modify. The floorplate retainer is a long tubular piece of steel, made long enough to limit the travel of the follower so the magazine will only accept ten rounds. The magazines for the different models use the same followers (and I think the same mag spring, not 100% sure of that), and just vary the length of the floorplate retainer to limit capacity. I made myself some shorter floorplate retainers out of thin sheet steel cut with tin snips and hit with a punch to form the right shape. The model 19/23 magazines will hold 12 rounds with this mod. With a shortened follower, I'm confident they could be made to hold 13 rounds, but 14 is unlikely. The 17/22 magazines could probably be made to hold 15 rounds with a shortened follower and floorplate retainer.

Awesome tip!

I wonder why BDM hasn't made any 10+ round mags for it. They make the mags for the Tac-Sol conversion. Do you know if those mags will work with the AA conversion slide?

I found these kits for 275.00 :). Not sure if I can post the link or not. PM me for details.

Looks like I have the old style mags, with the one piece case. No removable bottom plate. I might have to order the new style mag to modify. Oh well, I could use a few more mags I guess. LOL

• Like 1

yea, i was curious about that. it almost seems like the minuscule recoil from a 22 lr round would have difficulty cycling the thing. but then again ive never actually held a 22 conversion slide to see exactly how heavy it is.

its great to hear all the positive feedback about AA conversion kits though. when i save up the money, il buy one for my G19

by the way, im jealous of you guys with your higher capacity mags. man i wish i could own 30 round mags for my AK and AR. im gonna have to move to a cooler state first though

Edited by Cali_Armz

I got the Advantage Arms Conversion for my Glock 20 and 3 spare mags for Christmas. I just got to shoot it last week. It worked very well only 2 jams (stove pipes) in the first 100 rounds. I chalk this up to break in. But what did concern me was the trigger not re-seating properly when I just let it go slightly back past the reset point. This is a common trick with the .45 ACP and the 10mm, but with the little .22RF it seems problematic. We will see as the kit breaks in, but over all I am happy with it for a training aid!

I got the Advantage Arms Conversion for my Glock 20 and 3 spare mags for Christmas. I just got to shoot it last week. It worked very well only 2 jams (stove pipes) in the first 100 rounds. I chalk this up to break in. But what did concern me was the trigger not re-seating properly when I just let it go slightly back past the reset point. This is a common trick with the .45 ACP and the 10mm, but with the little .22RF it seems problematic. We will see as the kit breaks in, but over all I am happy with it for a training aid!

heh thats awesome man. great big glock with a 22 conversion.

you know, it seems rather intuitive that every firearms enthusiast would want a at least one nice 22 rifle and one 22 pistol simply for practicing.