Any benefit in polishing the gas tube and/or gas puck?

I was just wondering if you think it might prove beneficial (more smooth cycling, less build-up) if you polish the gas puck to a mirror finish. not removing much material really, just light jewelers polish to shine it up. What about possibly polishing the inside of the gas tube to try to shine that up so that its smoother? Not sure... just thinkin out loud here.

i lightly polished my factory puck and i think it made a difference. just smoothed out the surface. it made cleaning easier and it seemed to shoot longer during long range sessions. just be careful not to remove to much material because youl loose pressure.

I was just wondering if you think it might prove beneficial (more smooth cycling, less build-up) if you polish the gas puck to a mirror finish. not removing much material really, just light jewelers polish to shine it up. What about possibly polishing the inside of the gas tube to try to shine that up so that its smoother? Not sure... just thinkin out loud here.

Don't do it.

Just clean

Rouge is a very fine grit.

I like Tipton's Truly Remarkable Bore Solvent.

Don't do it.

Just clean

Okay I trust you. Thanks.

I'm looking forward to getting my bolt n parts back from you after your work is done and taking it to the range. Just curious if you PM FedEx tracking info so I can know when to expect it? If it is signature required, I'll try to be home on that day it is being delivered.

Don't do it.

Just clean

Okay I trust you. Thanks.

I'm looking forward to getting my bolt n parts back from you after your work is done and taking it to the range. Just curious if you PM FedEx tracking info so I can know when to expect it? If it is signature required, I'll try to be home on that day it is being delivered.

Yeah.

& the rationale is that you don't want to make your gas puck any smaller or gas block any larger on the inside.

Tipton will eat all the fouling & any lead residue no problem.

DON'T get it on paint or polymer though.

As for tracking #'s yes.

I do send them & I make sure I have a way to send the tracking # before I even ship it.

That recently happened & I updated my status to contact my customer on the front page of the forum in addition to posting a thread that he'd know was to him in my subforum.

With the prices of S-12's skyrocketing, I'm now declaring a value of 700.00 on each shipment, so fed-ex requires a signature.

If someone doesn't want a sig, I have to declare them at 499.99, so I'm letting everyone know that who requests no sig requirement.

With fed-ex's tracking # and saturday delivery to residences, you'll be able to track it very well.

This has paid off for my customers.

Pauly, I shoot Federal Value Pak .22RF ammo in my Anschutz and CZ American rifles. It's copper coated. Do you think the Tipton's will do a good job cleaning the bores? And do you know where I can get some?

Thanks for your help.