Bullet Guide For the Saiga .308

Anyone know where I can find a bullet guide for the Saiga .308? Can't find one anywhere, if not how would I make one? Any info would be great, thank you.

Really not sure you need one for the 308. Unless you are doing something out of the ordinary to convert it. I might be wrong. Mine works fine after my conversion. Others will probably chime in that are more knowledgeable than me.

Anyone know where I can find a bullet guide for the Saiga .308? Can't find one anywhere, if not how would I make one? Any info would be great, thank you.

Really not sure you need one for the 308. Unless you are doing something out of the ordinary to convert it. I might be wrong. Mine works fine after my conversion. Others will probably chime in that are more knowledgeable than me.

What did you do to convert yours? How does it work? Thanks

The S308 does not require a feed ramp. It runs as it comes with any of the mags made for it. It is definitely one of the easier ones to convert.

Follow the various tutorials on converting a Saiga. The main differences is no feed ramp and no left over fire control holes (like the other Saigas). The other difference is that the 308 uses a unique fire control group. Dinzag makes a modified Tapco G2 kit or you can get a Red Star Arms Vepr 308 fire control group.

Edited by yellowcarbon

Might Aldo add that that it is likely that you will have to build up the safety to get it to function correctly. Check the picture gallery under ( MY 308). I have a couple of pic there showing the before and after of the safety. Good luck and have fun. Now for short commercial. Got all my mod items from CSS. Greg is du man. End of commercial.

• Like 1

Converted several and Dinzag FCG has been trouble free. Never had the 308 Safety length issue so maybe thats another reason for using Dinzag.

So everyone has used the .308 Tapco G2 FCG and had good luck with it? Or have you used a different FCG?

This is what I have on order for mine, from CSS, BASIC CONVERSION KIT #1 all Saiga 223, 7.62,308, 5.45 Rifles and 410 & 20 Gauge Shotguns (ANGLED)

I am going with a dragunov stock and already have the UGT weaver side mount for the scope.

Dinzag takes the G2 trigger and builds up the leg so it contacts the safety.

I have one of his modified triggers, and it is good stuff.

Now that is something I didn't know before I did my mod. I also used the #2 kit from CSS.

Edited by brokenfeather

Dinzag takes the G2 trigger and builds up the leg so it contacts the safety.

I have one of his modified triggers, and it is good stuff.

So is it worth it to go with the Dinzag Modified G2? I was thinking of going with the CSS #2 since everything is there. But, if there is a big benefit of the built up G2 I should probably go with that?

My gun uses the FSE FCG. I too tried every way possible to make the hammer drop when it shouldn't, & no luck. My safety lever is bone stock. The reason there is no guide needed on the 308 is because all the companies who make the mags for the 308 build the guide onto the mag. The same for the other caliber Saiga's. The guide is on the mag. However in those other calibers, if the gun owner wants to use normal surplus mags which have no guide on the mag, then they must install a guide on the gun. So since there never was a surplus hi cap mag that would fit the Saiga, no guide is needed for the restoration process. GARY N4KVE

• 1 year later...

As far as the bullet guide goes greg from css said:

The 308's do not require a bullet guide.

Also I used the CONVERSION KIT #2 all Saiga 223, 7.62, 308, 5.45 Rifles and 410 & 20 Gauge Shotguns

SKU: R-KIT#2-6PC-T6 on my IZ137 in 308 with minimal adjustments to move the fcg forward (The RE_CONVERSION). Thats the converted part, putting it back the way the factory designed it before US Imports got a hold of it. That is why you

find all the holes and punched metal hidden above the second plate they weld on the trigger with.The holes under that welded on plate will fit when converting it with this kit and you have to drill 1 or 2.

Did NOT have to cut the tang off the stock block either, it actually uses that bolt hole.

Dinzag has the almost perfect videos to do the conversion, the rest is common sense or there's a few on youtube.

Just confirming what most here said.

Edited by BarrettBreath

Yup - there is no std military mag for the AK 308. All the mags have the bullet guides on them. Get some CSSpecs mags while they are still in stock at carolinashooterssupply.com - they are all steel and as robust as the combloc steel 7.62 mags. SGM mags are great too (but are all polymer). I've put mine through heavy use and have had no issues thus far! They are the Pmags of the AK platform!