2 new Saiga pistons from MD Arms, LTD

Mike I got your back on this. As far as I'm concerned there's only two entities that can produce reliable S12 parts and that's MD arms and Izhmash.Eventhough I don't know much of anything about KA, I will now never buy anything from them.

Edited by TwentyNizzo
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As if mike has never done any name calling? LOL   Differences? Ok. I said it looked familiar, which um... it does.   Wasn't mike crying not too long ago about how promag copied his drum and

WOW!!! I was just informed by Lauren that we just received a very nasty voicemail from King's Armory... It stated that I exactly copied their design and that although I said their design didn't do a

like I said it was built in 05 and back then nobody was sbsing them, unless you were? I had AZEX convert it and sbs the saiga and it was the first he had sbsed.   factory gas system with a 9" bbl.

Posted Images

As if mike has never done any name calling? LOL :rolleyes:

Differences? Ok. I said it looked familiar, which um... it does.

Wasn't mike crying not too long ago about how promag copied his drum and he was sad he couldn't buttrape his customers anymore? The promag drum sure seems plenty different to me, so how is it a copy? :wub:

Well I was probably going to get it anyways for a compliance part, but after seeing the crap that king armory is spewing about mike and other manufactures, I went ahead and spent my money with MD arms and picked up the new booster piston and the V-plug. The way Queen joey's world is we should only be driving model A fords, and any body who tries to make a better car should be sued.

Edit: Dont want to add fuel to the fire. The MD arms puck design is very different than the KA puck. Pressure waves can be made to do different things by changing the geometry they interact with.

Edited by Shadoh
  • Like 1

WOW!!! I was just informed by Lauren that we just received a very nasty voicemail from King's Armory... It stated that I exactly copied their design and that although I said their design didn't do anything that mine does, among other ramblings. He also stated I was only a couple hours drive away! :lolol::lolol::lolol:

King's Armory, Are you kinding me? You can openly bash E-Tac on the twister piston but I can't give my opinion on the KA piston? First off I didn't bash, second off if you don't like what I said don't jack up your claims that are so easily called as BS.

And to further point out if you read and look carefully you will see the design is different. First off our design intent and advertised features are totally different and conflicting. Mine are correct and yours are wrong... I had gas chamber volume increase in consideration because it hurts, not help like you advertised. The dished area is smooth and flowing in ours and not choppy and broken like the KA piston. Most importantly if you read our stainless piston info you will see I clearly state that the dished area isn't considered a reliability increaser which it most definately shouldn't be claimed. I think the real issue here is I am now selling a better designed piston than the KA piston for $10 compared to the KA's $30 or so piston and I'm selling a booster piston that will really work as advertised for $16.

While we're at it I also want to call complete BS on your reported 1 to 2 thousand rounds fired before cleaning that you state on the KA piston. That has been urking me for a couple years now because it is one of the biggest loads of crap I've seen stated about an aftermarket saiga item. It's your name though I guess. But it is also this spewing of crap that makes me have to better explain why ours is different. Because the BS and distrust transfers over from items that don't live up to the stated claims.

What a complete rip off your KA piston has been and you should be ashamed of yourself! At least the Twister piston really does help keep the gun clean a little longer...

Do yourself a favor and don't bother calling back.

well if you actually think the twister puck keeps it cleaner than I will not even bother with your puck, they sent me all three pucks and guess what my little shorty would not cycle with any of them and worse than that after just a hundred rounds it was all gummed up. the factory puck was cleaner than theirs and ran a bit better and the ka puck I have works flawless and I can run hundreds of rounds without having to clean it.

The face that is dished ( recessed ) is going to help too. Think high compression pistons.

Low compression, domed would be high compression.

If the piston was domed, it would shoot the gas around the sides of the piston.

Just looking at the design of the KA piston vs the MD piston the differences are obvious and nothing is a copy.

The KA piston was designed to "scrape" out the build up and have a dished out area to hold it. The MD piston was designed to more effectively spread the gas across its surface and capture as much energy as possible. 2 entirely different concepts and purposes. The only reason I can see KA getting pissed is that Mike is underselling them by half, and actually came up with a way to make a couple pucks that render all others unnecessary. (Unless you get excessive gas fouling which the KA puck would probably manage better... If you're anal about fractional percentages)

The twister puck... I don't see a point for it unless your gun is extremely over gassed even with the lowest setting on an after market plug. And I don't really see that ever happening either.

Edited by Tombs

but I am going to hold you to that garuntee!:rolleyes:

mike i order the booster plug for 2 reasons well 3? you make a great drum and v-plug, you answered most of my questions without being an ass, and your forum reputation is outstanding! what the hell its $18.92 experiment that I believe will be worth it to compare to the factory and my other one! Thanks!:super:

Mike, if this puck is lightweight, it must not be steel. To that end what is the expected lifespan compared to a SS (416/440/etc) puck? 7075 hard anodized while very strong will wear more than SS. Given the price, I'd guess 7075. I don't think you could sell a magnesium puck at that price.

-Jim

Edited by kingjamez

Someone is pissed at the AZ shooting site over the MD arms Piston

http://www.arizonash...hp?f=2&t=131882

".....from the faggots at MD Arms." poster "kingjoey"

Poor taste..........It's a shame that a manufacturer and business owner would stoop to a level to say that about another business owner/manufacturer. Looks like someone is pissed because they are going to have be forced to significantly lower their prices to stay afloat, to say the least. I think its great that someone makes a "puck" that functions as its ADVERTISED, and stands by it. One of the most reliable mags that I own is my MD-20, so I know that quality of the product is not an issue. Actions speak louder than words.

I plan on ordering both versions of the MD puck and my 3rd V-Plug and will test them in both of my 19" Saiga 12's and later in my 12.5" Saiga 12 SBS when it returns to me in June. If the KA puck was available at a better price I would be willing to test it against the MD booster with multiple brand bulk packs and low recoil rounds in a single sitting and on camera with no sneaky cuts or edits. Completely unbiased.

I will say that I have had zero problems or malfunctions with any product that I have purchased or tested that was made by MD Arms and have no reason to suspect that there will be an exception with these. Mike isn't the type of person to just come up with an idea and bring it to market without thoroughly revising and testing it. If he were just another company out to mass-produce anything to make a buck his company would not have the reputation that it does within this community.

Without naming any other companies by name... once your reputation is tarnished, it is very hard to recover from.

If the piston was domed, it would shoot the gas around the sides of the piston.

Why? There is no compression of the gases in this application that would force them to do anything abnormal. A domed piston in an S12 would reduce overall chamber volume (having other affects on the cycling). The dome could be shaped like a pointy cone and it still wouldnt shoot the gases around the sides anymore then a stock piston, since that space is limited by volume and the gases arent accelerated by compression.

The guy i quoted was referencing automotive pistons, which have three rings to seal the chamber. I was merely correcting his statement, domed = high compression, dished = low compression.

I plan on ordering both versions of the MD puck and my 3rd V-Plug and will test them in both of my 19" Saiga 12's and later in my 12.5" Saiga 12 SBS when it returns to me in June. If the KA puck was available at a better price I would be willing to test it against the MD booster with multiple brand bulk packs and low recoil rounds in a single sitting and on camera with no sneaky cuts or edits. Completely unbiased.

I will say that I have had zero problems or malfunctions with any product that I have purchased or tested that was made by MD Arms and have no reason to suspect that there will be an exception with these. Mike isn't the type of person to just come up with an idea and bring it to market without thoroughly revising and testing it. If he were just another company out to mass-produce anything to make a buck his company would not have the reputation that it does within this community.

Without naming any other companies by name... once your reputation is tarnished, it is very hard to recover from.

I was thinking of doing a similar test and recording it.

I was going to use Federal, Winchester and Remington bulk. 20 rounds of each brand from the shoulder and 20 of each from the hip. First with the factory puck and repeat with the booster puck.

Maybe MDarms can do a test like this also including the KA puck and put out a video like the MD20 drum torture test they did a while ago.

:smoke:

Guys, You all are welcome to test the Booster side by side with the KA. I sure know I did already. That is why I can very comfortable say the KA doesn't compare. I tried to educate the guys on the AZ forum but most just wasn't wanting to here it. Oh well. You can only laugh at such arrogance when added to ignorance... But like I tried to tell KA there, I can remove the dished ring and finish and the Booster would still just as easily with basically no measurable difference put the KA to shame on increasing reliability. Because like I stated the dished ring and finish aren't the making or breaking factor.

On the doomed piston... We tried that. It really didn't make a measurable difference. I am thinking the added weight of the doom countered the volume decrease... Not sure but it definately wasn't the ticket and wasn't explored further.

mike i order the booster plug for 2 reasons well 3? you make a great drum and v-plug, you answered most of my questions without being an ass, and your forum reputation is outstanding! what the hell its $18.92 experiment that I believe will be worth it to compare to the factory and my other one! Thanks!:super:

I expect you to do just that! Thanks again!

WOW!!! I was just informed by Lauren that we just received a very nasty voicemail from King's Armory... It stated that I exactly copied their design and that although I said their design didn't do anything that mine does, among other ramblings. He also stated I was only a couple hours drive away! :lolol::lolol::lolol:

King's Armory, Are you kinding me? You can openly bash E-Tac on the twister piston but I can't give my opinion on the KA piston? First off I didn't bash, second off if you don't like what I said don't jack up your claims that are so easily called as BS.

And to further point out if you read and look carefully you will see the design is different. First off our design intent and advertised features are totally different and conflicting. Mine are correct and yours are wrong... I had gas chamber volume increase in consideration because it hurts, not help like you advertised. The dished area is smooth and flowing in ours and not choppy and broken like the KA piston. Most importantly if you read our stainless piston info you will see I clearly state that the dished area isn't considered a reliability increaser which it most definately shouldn't be claimed. I think the real issue here is I am now selling a better designed piston than the KA piston for $10 compared to the KA's $30 or so piston and I'm selling a booster piston that will really work as advertised for $16.

While we're at it I also want to call complete BS on your reported 1 to 2 thousand rounds fired before cleaning that you state on the KA piston. That has been urking me for a couple years now because it is one of the biggest loads of crap I've seen stated about an aftermarket saiga item. It's your name though I guess. But it is also this spewing of crap that makes me have to better explain why ours is different. Because the BS and distrust transfers over from items that don't live up to the stated claims.

What a complete rip off your KA piston has been and you should be ashamed of yourself! At least the Twister piston really does help keep the gun clean a little longer...

well if you actually think the twister puck keeps it cleaner than I will not even bother with your puck, they sent me all three pucks and guess what my little shorty would not cycle with any of them and worse than that after just a hundred rounds it was all gummed up. the factory puck was cleaner than theirs and ran a bit better and the ka puck I have works flawless and I can run hundreds of rounds without having to clean it.

Oh man... You mean a guy that wasn't going to buy a Booster piston isn't going to buy a Booster piston? Now I'm worried... Yeah, you should keep using your KA that is good for 1 to 2 thousands rounds without cleaning that you have to clean after hundreds... :lolol:

As if mike has never done any name calling? LOL :rolleyes:

Differences? Ok. I said it looked familiar, which um... it does.

Wasn't mike crying not too long ago about how promag copied his drum and he was sad he couldn't buttrape his customers anymore? The promag drum sure seems plenty different to me, so how is it a copy? :wub:

The difference is the (poorly) copied areas of my drum where the key features that make it work. The areas you and KA like to think I copied don't do jack for reliability despite the advertising claims they make. But you keep on just looking and don't bother reading to educate yourself on the major difference of the parts and subject. You'll only hamper yourself with that.

As far as the buttraping... I have openly said that the Promag drum was a blessing. It allowed me damn good reason to drop the price of the MD-20. The only reason I hadn't before hand is because I didn't want people's drum to be devalued... I didn't devalue them, Promag did. But it totally changed the game here at MD Arms for the better! Why is your buddy KA still assraping people on his piston? It sure isn't because he is concerned he will drop the value of an item that the majority of consumers don't see a value or benifit in! :lolol:

Oh man... You mean a guy that wasn't going to buy a Booster piston isn't going to buy a Booster piston? Now I'm worried... Yeah, you should keep using your KA that is good for 1 to 2 thousands rounds without cleaning that you have to clean after hundreds... :lolol:

well there is a reason for that my s12 is a slug gun and as you should know slugs have a hell of a lot more fouling than 00buck or fed bulk pack so after a few hundred rounds it needs to be cleaned but hey if you really want me to put your puck to the test and tell me it will outperform the ka puck? Remember my s12 has a stock gas system with a 9" barrel, so your puck will cycle bulk fed with this? will your puck cycle slugs more reliably? for it to be reliable would mean i won't have jams or fte with your puck.

Edited by lucifer

hey mike d, I don't own the KA gas puc??? I wouldn't buy it because it was 30+ dollars and then shipping! It does have some good reviews and some say it does nothing, but for that price 30+ dollars the factory puc would have to stay! I clean my guns constantly anyway so it was never an issue! and the factory puc sevred its purpose well. I bought the CSS puc and I have the factory puc! The CSS puc was bought for same reason as yours, Greg has a good rep and it was reasonably priced for trial and 922r and the puc does seem to keep the Gas block walls cleaner than the factory puc! But yours states it will do away with the hip fire issue of fte's and possibly less wear also, etc... so I want to try it and see! your rep and prices gets you that try out! has nothing to do with ka puc?? i don't give a puc what they say? I just want to shoot the gun from hip or upside down if need be! :lolol::super:

Guys, You all are welcome to test the Booster side by side with the KA. I sure know I did already. That is why I can very comfortable say the KA doesn't compare. I tried to educate the guys on the AZ forum but most just wasn't wanting to here it. Oh well. You can only laugh at such arrogance when added to ignorance... But like I tried to tell KA there, I can remove the dished ring and finish and the Booster would still just as easily with basically no measurable difference put the KA to shame on increasing reliability. Because like I stated the dished ring and finish aren't the making or breaking factor.

On the doomed piston... We tried that. It really didn't make a measurable difference. I am thinking the added weight of the doom countered the volume decrease... Not sure but it definately wasn't the ticket and wasn't explored further.

I expect you to do just that! Thanks again!

• Like 1

I recently received my new RandR targets tactical gun. it would not cycle the low brass walmart stuff reliably. I would have 1-3 FTEs per 10/12 round mag with the stock plug. Its a 4 holer and nothing is covered up. I then ordered a v-plug and a KA puck. Tried the gun with just the v-plug and same thing, even on setting 5. Popped in the KA puck and viola! Flawless since. I have tried to shoot from the hip, and no go even with the KA puck. I stumbled on this thread and just ordered 2 boosters. One for my RandR gun and one for my stock Kvar/Arsenal. Will order another booster and v-plug when my Tromix gets here (I was on the Jan build list) gun should be being built as i type this :super: The KA did definitely help my FTE issues but will see if the booster puck will allow me to shoot from the hip. Never had issues with my stock kvar, it wont shoot from the hip reliably either.....but i figured why would I really care if it shoots 100% from the hip.

Edited by BullF-16

I just got my booster puck in.

Holy hell is that light! It speced out a couple thousands larger in diameter, and considerably longer than the factory puck. It fits like a glove and rides in the tube very frictionless.

That with the tac auto plug(sorry Mike) sure does make for a hell of an improved gas system over the factory system. They mate up so perfect. I can't wait to try out the puck, there's just no where I can go shoot anymore these days. If I shoot at home the neighbors have the cops over here in a matter of minutes.

Edited by Tombs

Question: Hey "lucifer", are you the same asshat from the ArizonaShooting.com forum?

^_^

Holy hell is that light! It speced out a couple thousands larger in diameter, and considerably longer than the factory puck. It fits like a glove and rides in the tube very frictionless.

That with the tac auto plug(sorry Mike) sure does make for a hell of an improved gas system over the factory system. They mate up so perfect. I can't wait to try out the puck, there's just no where I can go shoot anymore these days. If I shoot at home the neighbors have the cops over here in a matter of minutes.

When did you place your order? I ordered on Tuesday and it still hasn't shipped..

I recently received my new RandR targets tactical gun. it would not cycle the low brass walmart stuff reliably. I would have 1-3 FTEs per 10/12 round mag with the stock plug. Its a 4 holer and nothing is covered up. I then ordered a v-plug and a KA puck. Tried the gun with just the v-plug and same thing, even on setting 5. Popped in the KA puck and viola! Flawless since. I have tried to shoot from the hip, and no go even with the KA puck. I stumbled on this thread and just ordered 2 boosters. One for my RandR gun and one for my stock Kvar/Arsenal. Will order another booster and v-plug when my Tromix gets here (I was on the Jan build list) gun should be being built as i type this :super: The KA did definitely help my FTE issues but will see if the booster puck will allow me to shoot from the hip. Never had issues with my stock kvar, it wont shoot from the hip reliably either.....but i figured why would I really care if it shoots 100% from the hip.

For a gun to be considered reliable firing from the hip should be no different than firing from the shoulder. This is a very good example of why the KA shouldn't be advertised as a reliability increaser. Yeah, it might fire from the shoulder but a slight changes takes that all away... Thanks for the order. I am sure you will be firing from the hip now!

well there is a reason for that my s12 is a slug gun and as you should know slugs have a hell of a lot more fouling than 00buck or fed bulk pack so after a few hundred rounds it needs to be cleaned but hey if you really want me to put your puck to the test and tell me it will outperform the ka puck? Remember my s12 has a stock gas system with a 9" barrel, so your puck will cycle bulk fed with this? will your puck cycle slugs more reliably? for it to be reliable would mean i won't have jams or fte with your puck.

The info is there to read... If your having fte with your 9inch gun when using slugs then the work was poorly done and your gun is severly lacking already. If a competent builder did it for you it should cycle bulk stuff with the factory piston (all mine do), lol!!!! Did that guru Glockmonger do the work for you??? You might want to have it looked at by someone that knows what is going on if your having troubles with it...

Like I "tried" to tell you guys on the AZ forum... If you want to know something about the saiga-12 you come here, PERIOD!

Also, I'll bet the business that the Booster will out preform the KA on reliability any day of the week and I can even take away the dished ring and finish... I never said it was a stay clean piston though and neither should have KA. I have 2 KA and they never kept the gun clean one bit longer! Just so you know we have tested probably 10 different stay clean concepts of our own design and some in multiple variations. None, even free flowing designs did much. The best we had was doubling the time between cleanings and this wasn't consistant. At times even it would clog prematurly... These were also including those with joey tears finishes (joke I made in the AZ thread about KA).

• Like 2

Actually the diameter isn't a couple thousands bigger. Depending on the tool your measuring with can give inacurate readings. The factory pistons are between .8240" to .8260. The booster will be around .8260" to .8264" A micrometer should be used to measure thicknesses and not calipers. Also the length isn't longer than the factory either. It actually falls in the middle of factory samples I measured. It will probably measure between .010" shorter or longer than a factory piston depending on the factory piston you have. That is about the thickness difference of 3 sheets of 20lbs paper.

The booster should help you shoot low brass with the auto plug. But you better be careful in what high power rounds you use because from what I've seen the auto leaves some guns over gassed already with those. From what I here they don't recommend using 3 inch shells with the auto so that should tell you something there.

Thanks again and look forward to your results.

When did you place your order? I ordered on Tuesday and it still hasn't shipped..

What is your order number? It should of shipped the same day you ordered it. The USPS is very lacking in their tracking. More often then not the customer receives an item before the USPS system even updates that they received the package. Usually it just say information was received that a package will be submitted to them for shipping...

Very cool...great price too! Will be picking one up pronto...

Hey Mike, I sent you two PM's about a week ago, and have yet to receive a response...Maybe your inbox is overrun...Do you have another way to contact you??

Sorry, I rarely get to my PMs. The best way to reach me is through info@mdarms.com. I was going to disable my PM box awhile back but something kept me from doing so. I think it was because I would lose all past PM records.

hey Mike mine hasn't shipped either? well I don't have a tracking number yet? order # recvd and confirmation email but no shipped email? ordered Tuesday also 22nd?:unsure:Never mind? forgot i could check status on your mda website! it says shipped thanks mike can't wait to try it out! save 200 rounds to do just that the day it arrives!

Edited by Guns Are Great