How much would it cost to do this conversion(tactical on a 7.62)?

Hey guys, I would like to do a tactical conversion on a saiga 7.62. The basics after the basic conversion(to stock, pistol grip+normal magazines) would be:

-new stock/folding stock

-quad rail(so I can put on a vertical grip, scope/optics, and a flashlight)

I admit I'm pretty new to ak's, so some of you pro's might want to chime in if I'm missing something, but here are some pics of what I sort of want it to look like.

---------------------------------

Key questions, is the quad rail installation difficult? Or is it pretty much pull out and replace?

What about the stock? I've heard things about having to file down stuff and things like that with saiga's, but I'm not sure.

Are the two above easily done at home? Or would you guys recommend a gunsmith(if so what's an estimate look like, parts not included..just for labor)?

---------------------

I'll worry about the muzzlebrake later...

post-31384-0-98292900-1300838899_thumb.jpg

post-31384-0-75118200-1300839088_thumb.jpg

post-31384-0-34120200-1300839108_thumb.jpg

We were all new at the Saiga adventure once. Enjoy reading the many many threads that cover every question you asked.

Half the fun of doing these guns is the research (including reading page by page, not just search engine) and creating multiple shopping lists from the various vendors that help support this site.

In the long run you will have more knowledge and not be dependent on a few people posting personal opinions on what's best.

You don't need a gunsmith, you can do it.

Well said, I shall break down in my searches, piece by piece.

We were all new at the Saiga adventure once. Enjoy reading the many many threads that cover every question you asked.

Half the fun of doing these guns is the research (including reading page by page, not just search engine) and creating multiple shopping lists from the various vendors that help support this site.

In the long run you will have more knowledge and not be dependent on a few people posting personal opinions on what's best.

You don't need a gunsmith, you can do it.

• Like 1