There are a few of us I am sure they will chime in when they see this. Where do you live??? I live in the northern panhandle 20 miles above I-70 my wife is from down around Point Pleasant WV. I know of 3 others one is from morgantown and the other 2 are around the Charleston area.

Also since this is your first post and it only took you 9 months since joining to do so WELCOME!!!!! its always a good thing to have another hillbilly around.

Edited by SCHULTZE
  • Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Weston here (south of Clarksburg on I-79) between me and my next door neighbor we have 2 S-12s and a .410, looking to add a 7.62 x 39 to the mix soon, we do all our own conversions, I have everything to Cerakote, blast cabinet, vats for Acetone, and bake oven.

we're currently waiting on Pauly to get our "innards" back to us so we can go shoot the Saigas again.

We'd be more than happy to help anyone that needs any help in the area.

here's a couple pics of the .410 we just finished.

post-36086-0-20331700-1329796988_thumb.jpg

post-36086-0-11680200-1329797012_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Firt off, greetings all.....new member here, but was into Saiagas long before they got popular...Im in Wv and heres what I have.....

FOR SALE: SAIGA AK UNCONVERTED W TAPCO FURNITURE

Manufacturer:Saiga Unconverted but has Tapco T6 stock, Phantom flash hider from Mississippi AutoArms, 8 mags, I have 3100+rds for it...ammo alone is $700 dollars...would prefer to sell as a package deal...but may split it up...rifle is clean, good shooter.......chrome lined bore..it will not come with the scope/ or rail ext and magnifier...nothing wrong with the rifle, just want to consolidate calibers....rifle w/all mags $600...both as a package $1200....I can email pics but pics are too large to load here...OD green Galil(made specifically for Saiga) handguard...black stock and Od green stuby Tapco vertical grip...contact me...ty

I wasn't born in WV, but I've got plenty  of kin there.  Met up with as many of them as could drive  from St. Albans WV, and parts of KY, IN, and OH, to my dad's "farm" of around 300 acres of hills and bottom land ("Knobs and Hollers" for locals) in Central KY for an Appalachian Rogers family reunion .

Man, that was a great time. We had multiple family members out with a variety of rifles and shotguns, knocking down targets at the base of the nearest mountain, while the kinfolk came up the adjacent mountain off the the South road from Penn's Branch, waving as they came up the road, and joining us with their own guns as they exited their cars and pickups.

My dad's family arrived in VA in 1670 as planters, and settled in VA,WV, and KY mainly. We have branches throughout  the south. If you are a Rogers or Lambert, from old roots in VA, WV, or the the South in general, chances are, we're family.

• Like 1

Two more of us in the Wheeling area (Northern Panhandle).

"Rogers"? If so, you are most likely kin. There is actually a very long and interesting family history. PM me for details.

Mike