Interesting discussion at Wal Mart today

So I'm at the sporting goods section buying some Federal bulk pack 12 guage for my saiga The man working behind the gun counter tells me about how some items are always out of stock. He told me how he thought everyone was buying gun related stuff because they were afraid of new legal restrictions. I thought I had someone who sympathized with my gun views. After a long discussion we got to H.R. 308 (the high cap mag ban). Surprisingly, although he did not approve of our current president he was very much in favor of the mag ban because "only criminals need a magazine that big". This set me on fire. I politly as I could, explained how murders are already illegal, and how someone could kill with a 10 round magazine just as easily as a high cap. I finally got fed up, and he began to follow me through the aisles as I left, trying to continue the arguement. I just find it infuriating how people can be so illogical sometimes. Anyway, I don't think H.R. 308 will pass, but I'm upset that someone would even entertain the idea. Anyone else have any thoughts?

There are a lot of shooters that don't feel that these little bans infringe upon their rights until their rights are finally so eroded that they no longer have them.

If someone believes that guns kill people, you will not be able to win an argument with them based on logic or reason.

• Like 2

For the next hallway discussion;

You don't need... can be followed by any of our cherished rights. They are not needs, they are Rights. People around the world live their whole lives, day in day out, without our Freedoms.

We don't run this country according to need. That is the goal of Communism. "From each according to his ability, to each according to his NEEDS." - Karl Marx.

We also don't run this country according to personnel likes and dislikes. Especially those of Wal-Mart hacks.

When they start saying, "Well this isn't the Wild West", you can be sure that they have just lost.

• Like 7

So I'm at the sporting goods section buying some Federal bulk pack 12 guage for my saiga The man working behind the gun counter tells me about how some items are always out of stock. He told me how he thought everyone was buying gun related stuff because they were afraid of new legal restrictions. I thought I had someone who sympathized with my gun views. After a long discussion we got to H.R. 308 (the high cap mag ban). Surprisingly, although he did not approve of our current president he was very much in favor of the mag ban because "only criminals need a magazine that big". This set me on fire. I politly as I could, explained how murders are already illegal, and how someone could kill with a 10 round magazine just as easily as a high cap. I finally got fed up, and he began to follow me through the aisles as I left, trying to continue the arguement. I just find it infuriating how people can be so illogical sometimes. Anyway, I don't think H.R. 308 will pass, but I'm upset that someone would even entertain the idea. Anyone else have any thoughts?

He probably rides to work on the short bus. I wouldn't let idiots like this bother me but I would turn around and put a stiff finger in his chest if he started following me around.

• Like 1

I'm surprised an employee would do that. That's a good way to get reprimanded or fired; arguing about political topics with customers.

Also, note that all these "high-cap" mag bans exempt law enforcement - if they are for "hunting people" (as some jackass put it), why do cops need 10+ rounds?

• Like 1

You were expecting an intelligent conversation from someone who worked at Wal-Mart? :lolol:

You have to love that! I can't count the times I've heard I'am going to retire and going to work for Wal-Mart. Alzhelmer's!! Where do I get my ticket to stand in line?

He probably rides to work on the short bus. I wouldn't let idiots like this bother me but I would turn around and put a stiff finger in his chest if he started following me around.

Cowboy, I'am with you!!

You were expecting an intelligent conversation from someone who worked at Wal-Mart? :lolol:

You have to love that! I can't count the times I've heard I'am going to retire and going to work for Wal-Mart. Alzhelmer's!! Where do I get my ticket to stand in line?

Why are you bashing on people who make an honest living at Walmart anyone making on honest living i have no beef with them. You could get that same argument from the "educated" liberal elite. You going to talk bad about the garbage man too, see what happens if he goes on strike. Personally i shop smart at S Mart. :smoke:

AAAAHHHHH...."shop smart,shop S mart,ya got that" :ph34r:

If they get banned what happens to all the high capacity mags? Do they expect us to turn them in or throw them away? Whats next...you can keep your guns but you must remove the auto loading feature on any semi automatics?

Screw my stocks and bonds im just going to be investing in firearms and parts they seem to only go up in price and become more rare.

Why are you bashing on people who make an honest living at Walmart anyone making on honest living i have no beef with them. You could get that same argument from the "educated" liberal elite. You going to talk bad about the garbage man too, see what happens if he goes on strike. Personally i shop smart at S Mart. :smoke:

post-4669-0-56471700-1300982157_thumb.jpg

Yes high cap mag murders make big headlines, but I don't think I ever hear about 20-30 casings lying around in your average local murder. I would say most shootings I hear about involve less than 5 shots.

Anyone with better insight on this?

BTW, no high capacity pistol mags equals NO high-cap mags for AR's, AK's, 9mm carbines, HK's.

Edited by dobravery

I can't say for sure about rounds fired, but when I did a research paper on the effects of the 1994 AWB, I did learn the proportion of multi-victim homicides increased between 1994 and 2003. Of course, this was something like going from 3% to 4% and that the vast majority of multi-victim homicide scene were double homicides, but at the very least it went toward demonstrating the availability of standard capacity magazines was unrelated to the kinds of high-profile carnage they're promised to facilitate.

I'm surprised an employee would do that. That's a good way to get reprimanded or fired; arguing about political topics with customers.

Also, note that all these "high-cap" mag bans exempt law enforcement - if they are for "hunting people" (as some jackass put it), why do cops need 10+ rounds?

For the same reasons that anyone does. Keep in mind when disparaging the police, they do not make laws...

• Like 1

For the same reasons that anyone does. Keep in mind when disparaging the police, they do not make laws...

very true, its the people who make the laws. the police are just doing their jobs when they enforce them

also, id just like to say that the police should have access to the very best firepower because they have to deal with the very worst of society

Edited by Cali_Armz
  • Like 1

No, they don't have the final say on gun and magazine laws but regarding magazines they do a hell of a lot of lobbying for limiting citizen access to high cap magazines while always making a case for why they need to keep theirs.

• Like 3

very true, its the people who make the laws. the police are just doing their jobs when they enforce them

also, id just like to say that the police should have access to the very best firepower because they have to deal with the very worst of society

The people that the police deal with are the EXACT same criminals who are out there victimizing society. Police have to deal with them more often, but the people are one and the same. I agree that the police should have the very best firepower, and so should every other law abiding citizen who has to deal with these same people, which usually precedes when the police have to deal with them.

• Like 2

The people that the police deal with are the EXACT same criminals who are out there victimizing society. Police have to deal with them more often, but the people are one and the same. I agree that the police should have the very best firepower, and so should every other law abiding citizen who has to deal with these same people, which usually precedes when the police have to deal with them.

i totally agree man, law abiding citizens should be allowed to own exotic weapons. i think its absurd when people look down on civilians owning high capacity mags, or god forbid, an assault weapon without a bullet button on it. these things are cool, and besides, home invasions have been known to happen. its unfair to impose limitations on us when it could potentially be our lives on the line

• Like 1

This. If a cop should have access to a 17 (or 33) round Glock mag to deal with a PCP'd out criminal(s), so should I. Are my odds of confronting one longer? Yes, of course. That does not mean I shouldn't have access to the tools I need to protect myself and my family.

• Like 1

I think the overwhelming consensus on this forum is that a magazine ban is not necessary, nor will it be effective at reducing any crime.

Infighting about Police or Wal Mart employees makes us look like the guy arguing that 10 rounds for hunting is too many.

• Like 1