Hi all I am getting a lot of crap at the range I have going too lately. The range is 3 rnds slug only. It sucks but I deal with it. Well I went the other day and like normal I have my mags all with 3 in them even though they are all 10s, load the first one up and range guy came screaming up. He freaked out on my gun my mags and then about the disrespect to others for not following the rules. I was told to leave until I had mags that could only hold 2 and were shorter in length so they didn't give the wrong impression. So all that aside will the short 2 rounders work with the agp magwell? Has anyone ever encountered this crap? I'm trying to be the bigger man and do what this guy says because I like the range

This isn't even indoor its part of state gamelands. That's what was killing me all the ar guys had 30 mags but "only 3" in them when I actually only had 3 and guy was all butthurt. Wish my countys range was still open but the funding went to another methadone clinic. All the private ranges I have contacted are on a year wait. So I have to beat this guy at his own game. I was thinking 20 of the 2 rounders and get quick at mag swaps

Why dont you block all your long mags up so they only hold 2... and then when something is said to you... explain politely that a BETA drum "gives the wrong impression"...

I would also post all pertinent range information here, so that any other locals can frequent the establishment... and perhaps help to win the cause... :up:

:smoke:

That was my original thought but I didn't want to make big waves and get banned from the only place I can go. I found this place 2 weeks ago and have been 6 times in that time. None of the other guys there had a problem with it just the one guy. I was going to get some 2 rounders for turkey anyway I figured I wouldn't draw as much attention from game warden that way. It's just the slug range that has the issue. Sleet range wanted me to try the md20 on the clays.

If its a state game land range up here( ie PA) then they are pretty strict on what you can and can't use for mags, what to shoot at, etc.

as for going to the manager? Write a letter to the head of the Game Commission and then pat yourself on the back. That's all you're going to get since there are nearly a million licensed rifle hunters up here, that is "their" range.

Edited by scoutjoe
None of the other guys there had a problem with it just the one guy.

Sounds like he may just have a problem with the way the shotty looks. I'm sure he checks every 870 that comes through there, for a mag-tube block :rolleyes:

Like you said, it's their range so you are stuck playing by their (ridiculous) rules

Holy crap....makes me even more glad to only shoot on private land... :rolleyes:

I do sell two round mags though, that look exactly like the factory Saiga 2 rdrs, I just now noticed you had a SGM magwell though. I'm not sure if they will work in that like they do in the stock guns.

You can always cut down SGM mags. Somewhere it tells how to do that. Pretty easy actually. Just strip the mag, cut it UNDER the top rib, reassemble. Instant two round mag. Then you can make it fit your magwell.

Man that sucks. I asked to use mine @ clay shooting range.They would only let me use the 2rnd. I used it about 3 rounds and gave up. I had a drum and 12 round with me and they wouldnt allow it, Bunch of whiney babies! Your in PA isnt there some woods or someones property that would allow you to shoot on?

Can't find anybody around me that would let me shoot. So I'm going to follow the rules. Kind of. I'm ordering a magwell, lrbho,and 10 of the 2 round mags then practice mag changes alot. That's step 1 in my plan. Step 2 is going to be my super slug project. The important part is to follow their rules actually considering a full on build on another s 12 just for them.

Holy crap....makes me even more glad to only shoot on private land... :rolleyes:

I do sell two round mags though, that look exactly like the factory Saiga 2 rdrs, I just now noticed you had a SGM magwell though. I'm not sure if they will work in that like they do in the stock guns.

How much are they?

They are quite time consuming to make, and end up with something that functions properly, looks nice, and is a close replica of the hard to find factory 2 rdrs. Because of that I have to charge about $75 each. I can do them with either the factory 5 rd mags, or these Keepshooting.com mags...doesn't matter, it's the same amount of work. The factory ones at least have the steel reinforcement inside, and look more authentic when done right.

I'll post some pics in a thread about them in my biz section.