Trigger reset problem

I recently bought my first Saiga 12 and was having problems with the trigger not fully resetting itself. When I fire, the round will eject and cycle a new round in to the chamber just fine but the trigger just doesn't always reset. I figured doing the trigger conversion would help but it hasn't. I've fired everything from low grade to high grade ammo and it's happened with all brands so I don't think it's just the ammo I'm firing and it'll pass a functions test every time. Any advice?

I've noticed the same thing with mine. If I don't make an effort to let off the trigger after each shot, it fails to reset.

Was hoping once I converted it, this would be resolved. Sorry to hear yours still didn't reset properly after conversion.

I'd pay $100 more for a Saiga that was actually inspected before being let loose on the public. Mine would not cycle reliably new in box. Warranty repair fixed that. Still dealing with the trigger not resetting reliabley and my barell threads being so poorly done that my polychoke points down, enough that I get hit in the face with birdshot pellets when I shoot it.

Thanks Wash, makes me feel a little better that I'm not the only one! I've tried for the life of me to replicate it while I have the weapon broken down too and I can't and that's what really worries me is that it only does it during live fire! I'm completely baffled!

So, let me get this straight. If you shoot the weapon, and continue to hold the trigger back, when you let off, it doesn't return forward on it's own?

If so, then you might want to pull the fcg and look at the side of the trigger, the hole that the trigger sits in is apparently rubbing the side of the trigger so hard that it is overpowering the return spring...

My trigger resets every time when I manually cycle the bolt. But when shooting, I have to really pay attention and make sure I release the trigger, prematurely in my opinoin, to make it reset reliably.

These guns are a work in progress it seems form my experience. You buy one, and be ready to progress to get to work and spend money on them to make them shoot reliably.

They are bad ass shotguns, don't get me wrong. But I've never bought a gun of any sort that took this much TLC to get it to do what it is supposed to do.

Just a word of caution/advice to anyone considering buying one. Expect issues.

This is a very common issue.

it's usually because the BHO side mainspring leg has scooted toward the center of the trigger legs & when that happens, there's not quite enough leverage for the mainspring to reset the trigger.

This can be helped by putting a slight outward bend in the mainspring legs to ensure the very ends where they bend & hook over the legs stay against the trigger legs & keep as much leverage as possible on them.

This is also why I polish 1 axis pin for the trigger & polish or resurface & polish all friction bearing surfaces in my FCG jobs with GlassBolt.

This is also why I've been including mainsprings in my list of things for customers to send when they PM me, but not too many people seem to really notice that list.

If I did my job right, you'll never know it.

The smooth pull & clean break is just a bonus.

Keeping the axis oiled helps too.

• 11 months later...

H everyone. I seen to have a similar problem, but I want to make sure.

My saiga is NEW, about a week old. No Modification. The rounds seem to be cycling ok, but the trigger (or firing pin) is not resetting. If I pinch the bolt back a little and close it the gun will fire. The gun was working ok for the first 100 rounds... and now this.

It the trigger (or firing pin) fails to reset every time now without exception. Manually pinching the bolt back a little, fixes the problem every time. Do you guys thing this is a cleaning issue... gun looks clean... or is this an issue where the gun needs to go back for repair.

Thanks for help.

My trigger resets every time when I manually cycle the bolt. But when shooting, I have to really pay attention and make sure I release the trigger, prematurely in my opinoin, to make it reset reliably.

These guns are a work in progress it seems form my experience. You buy one, and be ready to progress to get to work and spend money on them to make them shoot reliably.

They are bad ass shotguns, don't get me wrong. But I've never bought a gun of any sort that took this much TLC to get it to do what it is supposed to do.

Just a word of caution/advice to anyone considering buying one. Expect issues.

Some of them have issues I'll admit, but not all of them. Mine ran flawlessly before and after conversion. Nice to be lucky on occasion, I guess.