Ordered. Friggin 10 dollar shipping. Thanks for link. Picking up some brass bar to form some slugs out of Friday. All right now some one talk to me about pressures. What is proofvon these and what's max operating? Also anyone know what would be minimum to cycle a properly passed gun?

Edited by kindapointless
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's some from Russia called steel elephants

i think the point here is that when you want to modify or innovate on the kind of projectile you can use, there is just no beating the good-old-shotgun platform. just imagine all the stuff one can pu

do you think it would be possible to buy the projectiles by themselves, then make a reload round with it?   im certainly no expert, but it seems like there may be less paperwork involved if you coul

Posted Images

Ordered. Friggin 10 dollar shipping. Thanks for link. Picking up some brass bar to form some slugs out of Friday. All right now some one talk to me about pressures. What is proofvon these and what's max operating? Also anyone know what would be minimum to cycle a properly passed gun?

[/quote

I have no idea. But i would imagine if the projectile weight is, for example, 1 oz, then i would look at how much powder is used in a normal 1 oz Load. Then it should cycle like a standard 1 oz load. This probably seems obvious so sorry. Any more technical or knowledgable opinions out there? Your welcome for the link.

Edited by yooper14.5

has anyone of you tried Hexolit 32?

the YouTube vids look amazing. punching through engine block, etc. if only we have these things here in our shores. forget double O buck for HD/SD or zombie fighting for that matter.

we do.

http://www.ddupleks....ow/distributors

thanks brother for the links. but "WE DON'T" 009.gif have it in our shores (good 'ol Philippines). the choices of ammo here is so vast, in fact so vast, as long as our choice is between armscor and tactical edge.

Then explain why i can buy thm and have them shipped to my door from ammunitiontogo.com.

Just wanted to note that glennhmd lives in the Philippines and I would guess that ammunitiontogo would not ship to him!

has anyone of you tried Hexolit 32?

the YouTube vids look amazing. punching through engine block, etc. if only we have these things here in our shores. forget double O buck for HD/SD or zombie fighting for that matter.

we do.

http://www.ddupleks....ow/distributors

thanks brother for the links. but "WE DON'T" 009.gif have it in our shores (good 'ol Philippines). the choices of ammo here is so vast, in fact so vast, as long as our choice is between armscor and tactical edge.

Then explain why i can buy thm and have them shipped to my door from ammunitiontogo.com.

Just wanted to note that glennhmd lives in the Philippines and I would guess that ammunitiontogo would not ship to him!

Crap im sorry, i probably sounded like a ass. I thought that by phillipines he meant the round was made in the phillipines and not imported to America. I thought he lived in America. Sorry for that.

web.steel.core.b_2.JPG

Looks like fun in my mossy 695.

Yeah, that thing does look pretty nasty.. I still like this though:

home_SAUVESTRE_37-2.jpgrubon30.jpg?1297239264

Hardened alloy core, surrounded by a softer alloy which mushrooms on impact. The fins are canted just so to promote a drag-induced spin. I've read conflicting reports about the accuracy. Consensus seems that they penetrate hard targets really well, and do a number on game as well. The reports of inaccuracy may be to folks passing them through chokes and ruining the fins.

Apparently a few years back it was possible to find them at gun shows, or on gunbroker and the like.. at $5/rd because of rarity. No distributors in the USA.. I wonder how hard they would be to import.

All right ill bite what's the name of those and the manufacturer? Im getting quite a collection of slugs going

Its in my post above. They are by a company called Sauvestre.. you can read about their various slugs at sauvestre.com (click in the upper right on EN to switch to english).

They offer a few kinds of finned slugs, using both lead and non-lead projectiles.

Sorry surfing from my phone so I don't see whole thing. I like some of the ideas behind their ammo. Janes defense has a lil info on them, apparently their designer also did some other work on apfsds rounds for tanks that's why they looked familiar armor piercing fin stabilized discarding sabots I want some really badly now

Edited by kindapointless

Sorry surfing from my phone so I don't see whole thing. I like some of the ideas behind their ammo. Janes defense has a lil info on them, apparently their designer also did some other work on apfsds rounds for tanks that's why they looked familiar armor piercing fin stabilized discarding sabots I want some really badly now

Yeah, I'd like to try a few of those myself. I guess we'd have to find an FFL that will file a Form 6 for importation, and then find an overseas dealer - UK would probably be easiest since I don't speak French - that would ship to a US gun dealer.. who may have export laws to contend with. The good news is that any FFL can apparently import shotgun ammo. Any FFLs out there willing to file a Form 6?

They are very expensive, even in Europe. And the purchasing price of the US dollar isn't so great these days. So we'd have to be prepared to pay. $5/rd would probably be a deal.. If someone is willing to handle the paperwork angle, I'd offer to do the leg work of cold calling overseas resellers to try to find a supply. I'm prepared to buy as much as 100 rds at $5 a pop.. I'd probably dump a few mags worth, but mostly just to tuck them away. I have a small, but slowing growing rare and antique ammo collection. From that angle, 12ga slugs inspired by APFSDS anti-tank rounds are an interesting curio for the collection that I sure would like to have.

I saw a forum post via google with the claim of one of these things pierced 2" of steel. Not sure I believe that.. or it was crappy steel.. but either way, running through some to see what they can really do would be fun.

I would take 50 at that price. If testing went good I would take more. I would even be interested in just the payloads if we could get reading data for them, that would probably be way easier to import.

Well, UK resellers aren't going to have just the payloads.

Sauverste probably isn't going to want to sell them either; I'm sure they are a patented design. They might be scared we were going to sell them under a different brand. A letter signed by all of us stating they are for non-commercial use, and some sweet talking of a salesperson might do it. We need someone to speak French for that though.. even half-assed conversational French before switching to English. Just make it a point to compliment them on the beauty of their language and mention how you wish you had a chance to practice it more. :rolleyes:

It may be easier to import, but unless they are hard up for business, it may be tough to convince their salespeople to pull strings on the production line to deal for someone who is only ordering a small batch.

Worth a shot, but we'll probably need an FFL for the Form 6. That may or may not be as simple as finding an FFL who is willing to make a special order for us.

But we have to get an idea of the quantity we'd be after.. so far we have a total pledge of 150 rounds @ $5/rd = $750. I think we're gonna have to do better than that. I'd imagine we'd have to be able to do something like a 1000 rd case shipped sea freight to make this worthwhile.

Well I haven't heard of any type of shotshell study so I would think they might be under the radar. For now. If you ever look at any personal armor or even vehicle armor class 3a and some higher ratings states it will not be effective against even normal shotgun slugs. So if they were going to bitch they would have to do it about all slugs. I have shot many things with horandy sst slugs and not much stops them either.

hey guys, if you go to this page in a google chrome browser, you can translate it to english, and theres a option to become a dealer. any business people looking to be the only importer of a new shotgun slug?

link

Edited by yooper14.5

You really think That if the s12 if being denied form 6 access, that some steel penetrating fin stabalized sabot slugs are going to make it?

The Form 6 doesn't have to say all that. We're importing 12ga hunting slugs. Sauveste does, in fact, sell them for hunting applications.. even the hardened core model, as I understand it.

But if that is an issue, they also make other fin stabilized slugs that don't have a hardened core.

You really think That if the s12 if being denied form 6 access, that some steel penetrating fin stabalized sabot slugs are going to make it?

The Form 6 doesn't have to say all that. We're importing 12ga hunting slugs. Sauveste does, in fact, sell them for hunting applications.. even the hardened core model, as I understand it.

But if that is an issue, they also make other fin stabilized slugs that don't have a hardened core.

You are right, I am sure hoping they can get in...BUT, I am still skeptical about it.

You are right, I am sure hoping they can get in...BUT, I am still skeptical about it.

We'll never know unless we get organized enough to file the Form 6.

Well how should we carry out this plan? Personally I don't speak French and I hate to say it but I really dislike the the French. Almost as much as squirrels . So we need a ffl. Anyone have any candidates who might understand the cause?

The FFL will be easy if we get enough interest together to make it worth their while.

Ain't no one gonna do it for 'the cause' .. they'll do it for the dollars. So far we are the only two people willing to buy these things.. so that makes it not worth it.. hell, thats not even worth my time and the phone call to see what sort of deal we could get IF we can get importation squared away.

About the only other way to do this would be to find some ammo collector who happens to be an FFL. Can't say I know anyone that fits the bill..