Folding Stock with Drum?

I searched, but didn't find any posts talking about interference issues with folding stocks and drums. I'm thinking about going with the 8.5" ACE and a push-button folder, but want to know if it would clear a 20rd drum. Maybe adding an extra pad also... I'm 6'4". so the longer the better. Any other suggestions? Maybe the Ace Club Stock?

Thanks!

Bob K.

Anchorage, AK

I modified a UBR so that it can twist and then fold all the way with a drum. Its spring loaded so all you do is pull backwards when the stock is open and give it a twist. I had a CTR on it before but I had to loosen the locking nut first to be able to twist it.

Heres a pic of the CTR. It looks the same with the UBR its just easier to rotate it.

post-25742-0-37912700-1301166077_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been holding off on replaceing my Tapco fixed nato rear stocks now for a couple of months ,after reading this I ordered 2 for my S12's . Hope they work and are solid . If not they will go on some AK's I have . Be interesting to see if they will hold up to the S12 with slugs and buckshot .:smoke:

Has anyone tried making a custom length tube for the Ace Ultra-lite stocks that would clear the drum. I'm thinking longer, rather than shorter... Is the Ace Ultra-lite really modular, in that you could get a similar o.d. tube and swap out the parts yourself? I still want folding capability, but would like it to clear the drum as well.

Here is the Ace website info:

AR-UL-big.png

(AR-UL) ACE Ultra Lite Stock

The lightest AR stock ever devised! Weighs only 5 oz. This stock uses Ace's original soft foam overtube for the ultimate cheek weld. A billet machined gusset reinforces the receiver extension tube at its weakest point directly behind the receiver. Precision machined aluminum butt clamps directly to the RET and provides a machined in sling mount. Also includes 1/2" buttpad and buffer tube.