• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm in Cobb Co.

Woodstock REPRESENT

Someone needs to setup a Georgia meet and shoot.   Somewhere S-12 friendly of course!

Posted Images

Ellijay here,

I would like help in converting several Saiga rifles .I am compiling a list and parts.

I am in the process of divesting from the FN/FAL receiver/kits ,,that forum is a snakepit..

thanks

Welcome!, and it sounds like you're at the right place for the conversions..

• 2 weeks later...

Alpharetta...

Hey Tray, it's Eric, I saw your vid on Facebook when you posted it a ways back.

I am in Roswell. Anyone else a member of RiverBend?

I say set up a time with 1 months advance notice, and get a sticky on the main forum and let's do this meet. I have an MKA-1919, not an S12.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

You Rossville boys get something going at the Chestnut Mt. rifle range and I'm in!

http://www.fs.usda.g...10474&actid=106

I frequent that range fairly regularly. Not a good place for shotguns, though.

I never get any hassle with my MKA, usually just have to let people shoot it and what not.

I don't get hassled either, but I've also seen quite a few people shoot the target netting and destroy it. Then people usually get pissy.

You Rossville boys get something going at the Chestnut Mt. rifle range and I'm in!

http://www.fs.usda.g...10474&actid=106

I frequent that range fairly regularly. Not a good place for shotguns, though.

I never get any hassle with my MKA, usually just have to let people shoot it and what not.

I don't get hassled either, but I've also seen quite a few people shoot the target netting and destroy it. Then people usually get pissy.

oh I getcha, I usually use slugs and if I'm using buck I generally shoot at bowling pins and home brought targets, and never shoot small shot for that reason, I guess common sense be damned

• 3 weeks later...
Currently in NJ but will be moving to Hartwell in a few months

Contact me after you move, there is a nice private range in the Anderson Sc area about 20 min out of Hartwell. Unlike the people's Republic of New Jersey you can cross state lines with weapons here freely.

Born and raised in Gwinnett, now in SC..........and trying to move back.....

Edited by medic535
  • 5 months later...

Just west of Savannah by about 40 miles. Obtained a Saiga 12 in trade, know nothing about them. Ran across this forum researching them. Got a 410 Saiga on order for conversion to a bullpup. (Can't help it, I like bullpups)

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

HEY OUT THERE MEMBERS,

I AM A NEW MEMEBER AND I LIVE IN CARROLLTON, GEORGIA.

I HAVE ONE SAIGA 7.62X39 CARBINE AND I AM LOOKING TO BUY ANOTHER ONE.

I HAVE BEEN READING ON YOUTUBE COMMENTS THAT SAIGA CARBINES THAT ARE IMPORTED TO THE U.S.A. NEED TO HAVE U.S. MADE PARTS ADDED TO THEM TO BE LEGAL. 

THIS DOES NOT MAKE SENSE TO ME.

CAN ANY OF  YOU TELL ME THE STRAIGHT SCOOP ON THIS ISSUE AND ALSO TELL ME WHERE THE BEST DEAL CAN BE FOUND ON A NEW SAIGA CARBINE IN THE ATLANTA AREA OR WEST OF ATLANTA.

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND INTEREST IN THESE FINE WEAPONS.

DR. JIM IN CARROLLTON

Dr jim Theres a law its 922R. It states a number of parts that are listed as weapon parts. You're rifle if its going to take "high" capacity magazines (over10 rounds) can not have more than ten of those named parts. So you must replace so many parts with Us parts. This is a law mostly for importers and the like so they cant import foreign "assault" rifles.

Also welcome and if you need some help converting that saiga your at the right place

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

In Dallas, west of Marietta (bedroom community of ATL).  

Augusta folks- who do you know over there.  I lived there from essentially until 2011.  Know a few shooters over there, mostly rifle and pistol.  ALso know an ammunition manufacturer over yonder.

Current project:
12030500_1297923986889381_55879623303276

Started life this way:

12795211_1290743840940729_14154086860128

It's been fun, and relatively inexpensive!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...