Heavy Bull Barrel PSL project

Up for your viewing pleasure...The heavy barrel PSL build I have been working on for a few months.This was pieced together from parts on hand and a few I had to purchase.Nodak-spud receiver and bolt/carrier/top cover kit from Centerfire,Trunnion from Apex,One of Ronins Izzy Grips and lotza home made stuff.The barrel was a TGI uk59 machine gun barrel that was modified for a mosin that was modified again for the PSL..Has a infinitely adjustable gas block that can go from off to full and works like the air needle screw on a carburetor.Barrel measures 1.15 to about .984 at the muzzle x 24 inches long.Sights are AMD....Enjoy :wink_smal

100_3391.jpg100_3393.jpg100_3397.jpg100_3394.jpg100_3424.jpg100_3409.jpg

100_3427.jpg

100_3436.jpg

100_3408.jpg100_3406.jpg100_3354.jpg100_3344.jpg

100_3433.jpg100_3432.jpg100_3429.jpg

100_3452.jpg100_3447.jpg100_3444.jpg

100_3448.jpg

• Like 10
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up for your viewing pleasure...The heavy barrel PSL build I have been working on for a few months.This was pieced together from parts on hand and a few I had to purchase.Nodak-spud receiver and bolt/

Thanks,There was just enough meat on the barrel to get a proper.908 diameter on it.I was having trouble getting it to head space and discovered I had to machine the elevated support ring on the chambe

Thanks...Yea,I got a mosin build going too that uses one of my custom sheet metal stocks.I'm trying to figure out the detachable mosin mag ..kman

Up for your viewing pleasure...The heavy barrel PSL build I have been working on for a few months.This was pieced together from parts on hand and a few I had to purchase.Nodak-spud receiver and bolt/carrier/top cover kit from Centerfire,Trunnion from Apex,One of Ronins Izzy Grips and lotza home made stuff.The barrel was a TGI uk59 machine gun barrel that was modified for a mosin that was modified again for the PSL..Has a infinitely adjustable gas block that can go from off to full and works like the air needle screw on a carburetor.Barrel measures 1.15 to about .984 at the muzzle x 24 inches long.Sights are AMD....Enjoy :wink_smal

This is AWESOME were those modded Bren mags i spotted?

Words can not describe how awesome your rifle is. That is exactly what my brother and I have been dreaming to build. I bet that thing shoots as great as she looks. Nice work.

+1

Thanks to all that replied :drevil: The mag is a Finnish Lahti/26 modified for the PSL,The Butt stock I made from birch ply wood I got at H-Cheapo,The rifle weighs 16.2 lbs....A stock PSL weighs 9.5lbs.The front hand guard floats on the cantilevered struts off the receiver...And a range report to follow asap.....kman

• Like 2

I have around $545.00 into it including all the compliance parts and the alumahyde/furniture clearcoat.add another $240.00 for the 8x42 glass.

Barrel-$75.00

Bolt/carrier/top cover&spring-$159.00

receiver-$90.00

grip-$20.00

FCG-$25.00

Trunnions-$110.00

furniture-$18.00

bi-pod-$30.00

alumahyde II/clearcoat-$18.00

Total=$545.00.......Smile on My face when I shoot it....Priceless :super:

Would I do another?...In .308 may be? :devil:...Hmmm.....And Yes,It can ingest any X54r ammo with the adjustable gas system....kman

Edited by kmanator

Beautiful rifle... I want one (maybe after I toast the barrel in my PSL).

Where'd you source the Lahti mags, and what mods were needed?

Numrich...and you need to round the corners off and add the catches front and back and make room for the bolt to pass thru..

That is OUTSTANDING Kman! congratulations on bringing that beast into the world!

What did you have to do to the barrel? I can guess that you had to drill the gas port, but what did you have to do at the trunion end? The gas block is fascinating too.. wanna sell ?

again, OUTSTANDING

Edited by -dW

That is OUTSTANDING Kman! congratulations on bringing that beast into the world!

What did you have to do to the barrel? I can guess that you had to drill the gas port, but what did you have to do at the trunion end? The gas block is fascinating too.. wanna sell ?

again, OUTSTANDING

Thanks,There was just enough meat on the barrel to get a proper.908 diameter on it.I was having trouble getting it to head space and discovered I had to machine the elevated support ring on the chamber face to allow the PSL deep bolt pocket to H-space correctly.

100_3194.jpg

• Like 3

I'm hooked and I can't stop starin'!

I am in the midst of a mosin project using one of those barrels and I would really be interested in seeing what you're up with the mosin project you mentioned (somewhere I read?). They must have sold a bunch of those barrels by now, but I am only aware of a handful of fully realized guns

that is very inspiring... I hope you are prepared for all the leg humpers you're going to meet when you take this out in public :lol: :lol:

I'm hooked and I can't stop starin'!

I am in the midst of a mosin project using one of those barrels and I would really be interested in seeing what you're up with the mosin project you mentioned (somewhere I read?). They must have sold a bunch of those barrels by now, but I am only aware of a handful of fully realized guns

that is very inspiring... I hope you are prepared for all the leg humpers you're going to meet when you take this out in public :lol: :lol:

Thanks...Yea,I got a mosin build going too that uses one of my custom sheet metal stocks.I'm trying to figure out the detachable mosin mag :031: ..kman

100_2938.jpg

100_2797.jpg

100_3215.jpg

Edited by kmanator
  • Like 3

Hey, do you sell those mosin stocks? How did you make them?

I was thinking the same thing, with prices for a mosin at $69-79 you could afford to spend a little something on a fancy stock, plus prices for 54R are still super low...