Heavy Bull Barrel PSL project

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up for your viewing pleasure...The heavy barrel PSL build I have been working on for a few months.This was pieced together from parts on hand and a few I had to purchase.Nodak-spud receiver and bolt/

Thanks,There was just enough meat on the barrel to get a proper.908 diameter on it.I was having trouble getting it to head space and discovered I had to machine the elevated support ring on the chambe

Thanks...Yea,I got a mosin build going too that uses one of my custom sheet metal stocks.I'm trying to figure out the detachable mosin mag ..kman

Well guy's,Finally got to get to the range today for more ammo testing.Today I was shooting some quality boxer primed brass cased Privy 150 grain soft point and some 182 grain FMJ's. As I suspected the previous rupture brass case problem was ammo related,These cartridges shot flawlessly with zero ruptures or deformity.

As far as the accuracy the 150 gr. was all over the place and the 182gr was about 1 inch groups..this barrel defiantly likes the heavy stuff the best.Now time to dial in with some handloads...After I do my happy dance....happy_dance.gifkman

100_3918.jpg

100_3921.jpg

Edited by kmanator

Anybody else wanting to try their hand at a Heavy Barreled Mosin Nagant 91/30?

Classic Arms has brand new 24" Heavy Barrels and stripped Receivers, plus other goodies for just such a project.

The barrels are chambered for 54r, threaded for MN 91/30 receivers and have 60' target crowns.

Just below the Swiss Milsurps on the C&R page.

$100.00 gets you a barrel/receiver combo.

Hell of a project.

Edited by ChileRelleno

Anybody else wanting to try their hand at a Heavy Barreled Mosin Nagant 91/30?

Classic Arms has brand new 24" Heavy Barrels and stripped Receivers, plus other goodies for just such a project.

The barrels are chambered for 54r, threaded for MN 91/30 receivers and have 60' target crowns.

Just below the Swiss Milsurps on the C&R page.

$100.00 gets you a barrel/receiver combo.

Hell of a project.

That is the same barrel I used for this build....I picked up a few....

• 1 year later...

Hey Kmanator what a awsome rifle!I am not a master craftsman like you to build such a rifle but would like a better barrel for my PSL as well,I have been looking for some time now and I emailed some of the sights mentioned in this forum but it seams no one knows what a PSL is or they direct me to elsewhereville.AllI want is a better barrel that I can in stall myself[i do know a little gun stuff]or with out spending a fortune to have it sent and have it worked on.Any help would be appreciated.I know also all these posts are old too,any chance you are in business for yourself?,its a stretch but it doesn't hurt to ask?kodargrisss@gmail.com

About the only barrel I think you will get for a PSL is just a PSL barrel. This guy had to custom machine a machine-gun barrel to fit it. You also replied to a thread 2.5 years old that's a hell of a shot in the dark. But I'm glad you brought it back from the dead so I could see this awesome rifle.

Well I have made some incredible shots in the dark[on the range and like this,literally]pay off.My PSL shoots kinda good at the 200 meter range but blasting out all 10 rounds without spending 10-20 minuets in between rounds you get a shotgun type pattern,my friend suggested I put a choke on her,ha-ha.believe me I've been calling and emailing barrel makers and threads like this for info.I've put about 2640 rnds through it and it seems to be not as accurate as when I first bought it and it looks a little rough[burnt?] at where the rnd starts in the barrel,probably from shooting corrosive[said it was mildly corrosive,thats BS,mildly corrosive is still corrosive] and non corrosive,but 95% of the barrel is still nice n shiny,it seems to like the milsurp bulgarian the best at longer ranges.I do have 2 mosins with the hexed receivers that are in excellent shape and are very nice long ranger shooters but I ain't a gunsmith nor have the equipment to do a project on that scale.Can you keep me posted if you hear or see anything?Many thanx!!!

I know,I guess I'm trying to resurrect the dead,I've been all over the web making pot shots and hopefully one will pay off,besides you are here and this sight does have some saiga fans too[i have the awsome 12 ga with plenty of mags and ammo]I never give up either,been told its one of my faults>I check other sights every day too...