hi cap mags for .308 saiga

I don't know anything about posting or proper procedure. However I have a .308 and know lots of folks looking for hi caps and found this thread.

at a recent show a dealer specializing in saiga 762.39 told me that 20 rd hi caps for.308's are to be available by the end of the year. I have his names, business name, address and the like. I will not release that info unless and until I actually buy some 20 rd hi caps. At that time it will be real, not a hope, and I'll release that info. I've followed this Daewoo saga hoping it was real. Am hoping this dealer is real too. He bought a bunch of EAA stuff and is aware of the demand for hi caps. If he's real, you'll all know. that is my promise. But the date is late December or January 2006. Will check back then. I hate to wait but what can I do.

Lumpy223, macbeau: You don't have to believe what other people say, but quit complaining and posting snide responses in other people's threads. Didn't you mother tell you if you have nothing good to say then say nothing at all? It doesn't look good on you, other people like myself probably would rather not see it, and it's disrepective to the initial poster.

Lumpy223, macbeau:  You don't have to believe what other people say, but quit complaining and posting snide responses in other people's threads.  Didn't you mother tell you if you have nothing good to say then say nothing at all?  It doesn't look good on you, other people like myself probably would rather not see it, and it's disrepective to the initial poster.

Sorry, didn't mean to step on any toes. I was just trying to express my cynicism over yet another rumor (nay, hearsay) about .308 hi-caps.

I suppose I'd rather hear something like: "Hey everybody, I have XX round hi-caps for the Siaga-.308 for sale. They are currently in my shop and I am selling them for $XX.xx each. Who wants some?"

Not, "I overheard that this guy who knows a guy might be coming out with hi-caps soon. I am not gonna tell ya'll much about it, but I just thought you might want to agonize over it for the next 6 months".

My appologies to anyone who was offended by my attempt at levity. :mellow:

Lumpy223, macbeau:  You don't have to believe what other people say, but quit complaining and posting snide responses in other people's threads.  Didn't you mother tell you if you have nothing good to say then say nothing at all?  It doesn't look good on you, other people like myself probably would rather not see it, and it's disrepective to the initial poster.

I hear ya Rook, but with the Daewoo saga still fresh in everyone's mind, do we REALLY need someone coming on this board trying to start new rumors about hi-cap magazines? Until someone has DETAILED, VERIFIABLE information on hi-cap magazines, I don't wanna hear about it.

Dollars to donuts says the person who started this thread is up to no good. Just a hunch.

If you don't want to hear it, don't click the link to the thread. Simple as that. I don't know this guy, or his intentions, but has just as much right as anyone else not to have his thread trashed by the cynics.

I of all people should certainly appreciate not wanting to trash anyone's thread. I think the issue is that this thread is a bit too familiar. I'd swear Daewoo was the latest of many to positively say he was making hi-caps for S-308 and then back out. This is the latest ofmany such promises. I'd really wish folks just waited until they had something to show at this point. Otherwise we have no reason yet to believe it'll be different from the last time.

Katotax, please do share contact info if this is real. But please understand that past experience has taught us all not to hold our breath or take any such offer too seriously.

G3, how long did it take you to get pics of your initial mag conversion from the original announcement? I have faith in anyone unless they are proven wrong, but I just don't hold my breath. If I wanted a hicap mag conversion this instant, I have options but I don't want to modify my rifle.

Sorry folks, thought I'd share info I thought was not from Daewoo. The dealer, his address and phone will not be shared until this is real. Big show, big dealer and seemed to be honest. Won't let his phone ring off the hook until he knows for sure.

Sad to see the IQ of some viewers so I'll not post again. In January, if this is real, I'll know, I'll buy what I need for me and my friends. I'm out of here.

When I developed the conversion, I didn't have a digital camera. The first pics were courtesy of a friend, who I don't see every day. Now I do have a digital camera, but my computer's on its way to the repair shop. I'm using a public computer which doesn't have any means for loading photos. I'll include updated photos when I have the means, and in the meantime am answering questions and doing other communications prior to the product's availability.

Took a few months to get those pics up, as the final school came around again and I wasn't able to make any more adaptors to offer, plus no one gave an actual intention to purchase.

I'd compare the skill required to convert your gun to G3 mags with my adaptor to being one notch above the P-grip, FCG, and hi-cap conversion to a standard Saiga. If you're good at that, you should be ok doing my mag mod.

If you don't believe it, you don't have to buy it. I've been pretty angered by one particular troll who spewed false statements and accusations about it and me. Thankfully other board members helped to stop his nonsense, including those who themselves had no interest in my adaptors.

G3, I was just saying that anyone could have said you were a liar and fraud without proof just as much as the next guy, yet we didn't call you names and try to run you off when you didn't have proof.

Rook, all my negative comments were directed at a certain troll that hung out on my "Last Call" thread.

I'm perfectly understanding and accepting of the fact that most folks don't want to modify their rifle. In fact if folks don't feel they're up to doing it safely and reliably, I'm all in support of their decision. I was just a little peeved when folks said they wanted what I offered so insanely much, even with modifications to their rifle, and then when I did offer it, all but a couple whimped out. And when every month someone says "I'll make hi-caps!" people keep flocking to them time and time again with the same null result.

In any case, as long as folks (like a certain troll) don't make malicious accusations, I don't care whether or not they buy. In fact, I must say that for the time and expense, my wooden furniture will probably be a bit more cost effective. So I really don't mind if folks don't buy my mag adaptors, as long as they don't lie to me or about me.

For the record, I appreciate any and all sane comments related to the whole issue. The insanity I've seen wants me to run and hide from this forum and sell most of my Saigas. Sadly a few stupid folks can to that to a fellow. Thankfully they're not everyone and those mentally stable and mature among us have spoken up.

If anyone wants to know how I feel, read the most classic E-bay auction of 303 Enfield brass.

BRG3 Don't let the assholes get toyou, we need assholes-just try to go a week without one! The hemmoroids however are just a bloody PAIN IN THE ASS!

Don't let them get you down.

G O B

HEY!

theres a town in louisiana called hell.

i wonder if thats where that pic was takin?

i know some people thats been there.

i'm sure it's a real "hellhole"! :lolol::lolol:

must be what TOK means in his signature, "hell awaits".

he must be moving there this coming winter to stay warm. :lolol:

oh yes, it does every now and then.

we've had a few bad ice storms come through shut the whole damn state down.

got in the single digits.

been years and years though.

we were out of power for weeks. had all the perishable goods outside on the picnic table.

it was damn cold as "HELL" :lolol::lolol:

oh yes, it does every now and then.

we've had a few bad ice storms come through shut the whole damn state down.

got in the single digits.

been years and years though.

we were out of power for weeks. had all the perishable goods outside on the picnic table.

it was damn cold as "HELL" :lolol:  :lolol:

More likely it is Hell, Michigan. Yep, there is such a place. :rolleyes:

Well I have been gone for a few days and just saw this again. My post was a bit out of character for myself. Because of this I will remove the picture.

I will not go into my opinion of the original post as it will only serve to inflame the thread.

My apologies to katotax, Rook, and any others who were offended.