ATF has ruled that the Saiga 12 is a DD!!!

I have just received word from a VERY close friend of mine, who works for the government, that the ATF has decided to classify the Saiga 12 as a DD ( Destructive device )

The survey they were doing recently has laid the groundwork for this decision. Due to the configuration so readily adaptable to a "nonsporting configuration" and with the broad availability of drum magazines, they have finally done what we all hoped would never happen.

The ruling will take effect in 30 days from the official announcement... Pre-ownership will allow a grandfathering clause, with registration of the prior owned shotguns.

Obviously this also will require that there will be NO MORE S12's imported into the usa... so consider the S12 a thing of the past... If you got one now... you are lucky... if not... you had best get one soon... there will NEVER be any more!!! :cryss:

We KNEW this was coming... just a matter of time!!!

God I hate to be the bearer of BAD NEWS... :cryss:

:smoke:

well, if it were true, classic arms has a shipment of 12s due in mid april...same price as most nowadays $699...

Classic says that NOW.... but I bet if you ask again in a week, the price will be at least DOUBLE! :eek::huh:

Lol!

Out of curiosity, how does DD work? I assume if you have it prior to the change your cool. Could you buy/sell one later? Can you take it to the range or does it turn into a safe queen? Does 922 still apply?

Edited by Arik

DAMN IT YOU BEAT ME TO IT................... TERD. SERIOUSLY I WAS EXITED ABOUT GOING TO WORK JUST TO GET ON AND POST THIS .....F%&%*K . This will have ramifications for a while to come :smoke: lol.. I guess it hit me to late... I'll beat ya next year though.:donatello::super:

I have just received word from a VERY close friend of mine, who works for the government, that the ATF has decided to classify the Saiga 12 as a DD ( Destructive device )

The survey they were doing recently has laid the groundwork for this decision. Due to the configuration so readily adaptable to a "nonsporting configuration" and with the broad availability of drum magazines, they have finally done what we all hoped would never happen.

The ruling will take effect in 30 days from the official announcement... Pre-ownership will allow a grandfathering clause, with registration of the prior owned shotguns.

Obviously this also will require that there will be NO MORE S12's imported into the usa... so consider the S12 a thing of the past... If you got one now... you are lucky... if not... you had best get one soon... there will NEVER be any more!!! :cryss:

DAMN IT YOU BEAT ME TO IT................... TERD. SERIOUSLY I WAS EXITED ABOUT GOING TO WORK JUST TO GET ON AND POST THIS .....F%&%*K . This will have ramifications for a while to come :smoke: lol.. I guess it hit me to late... I'll beat ya next year though.:donatello::super:

I doubt it... You want to get some chuckles... go back to previous April 1st posts of mine... I think you will find some QUITE clever. I have had a pretty good run for the past few years now... :up:

Just remember youth and speed will NEVER overcome AGE and treachery... :lol:

I doubt it... You want to get some chuckles... go back to previous April 1st posts of mine... I think you will find some QUITE clever. I have had a pretty good run for the past few years now... :up:

Just remember youth and speed will NEVER overcome AGE and treachery... :lol:

If these exact words show up in a BATF press release announcing a DD determination :eek: And we'll know they read this forum!

You know what sucks. Last time the whole ATF thing started, and everyone started panic buying I just sat back and watched. During that time I was in need of some mags and every time I tried to get on one; the vendors were sold out. This time, this little fools day trick sent me straight to CSS's web site to purchase more mags. Damn you........ Ah, well I guess I should thank you. Needed them anyway, and was just to lazy to order.

Lol!

Out of curiosity, how does DD work? I assume if you have it prior to the change your cool. Could you buy/sell one later? Can you take it to the range or does it turn into a safe queen? Does 922 still apply?

On my USAS-12, it was ok to own if you bought it before Congress ruling went into effect. You have to register it with the BATF and your local police force, by providing them a copy of your finger prints and a photo ID. I am under the impression that I cannot dispose of it or sell it or give it away to any person unless they have a class 3 license. You can buy sell one later with a class 3 license. Maybe a stamp/background check? not sure. You would think, if they allowed you one DD, that you would have unlimited access to grenades, and dynomite, and other DD's. I sincerely doubt that, lol.

Lol!

On my USAS-12, it was ok to own if you bought it before Congress ruling went into effect. You have to register it with the BATF and your local police force, by providing them a copy of your finger prints and a photo ID. I am under the impression that I cannot dispose of it or sell it or give it away to any person unless they have a class 3 license. You can buy sell one later with a class 3 license. Maybe a stamp/background check? not sure. You would think, if they allowed you one DD, that you would have unlimited access to grenades, and dynomite, and other DD's. I sincerely doubt that, lol.

No such thing as a Class 3 license. The only reason you would need a Class 3 SOT status is if you intend to deal in NFA. You can sell or transfer the NFA device without a license. You would have to have the purchaser *do a Form 4 request for transfer ownership.

And actually, if you file the proper NFA forms, you can get as many grenades, and other DD's permitted you pay the imposed bullshit tax on each one.

*edited to clarify

Edited by beefcakeb0