Just came from the Gun Show here in San Antonio . Walked in I spy an unconverted Saiga NIB being zip tied . I waited and asked the guy bring it in is he selling it ? " Yes. It's my brother's he asked me to sell it for him.". " How much ? ". " $1000.00 . ". I quickly moved through the place only looking for Saigas. Ah there's two . Both unconverted ... SOB .. $985 each. Even at that price both sold by the time I walked by the stall later . The few others at the show were being gouged priced from $895-$985. The same guys selling the two for $985 each also had semi-converted ( Folding stock , pistol grips ,and barrel shrouds from what I could see ) for $1295, and he several of those . At another table there was one with a telescoping CAR style stock , pistol grip , mag well , and a large muzzle break for ...the sucker price of $3000 ! :greedy: . Damn , looks like possibly the end of the affordable Saiga-12 . Hopefully NO BAN comes from the ATF study .

This is really sad.

What with Izhmash going belly up, RAA no longer being the importer, hi-cap mag scares and possible DD labeling (starting with the 12, but not ending there, I'd bet) the price on our favorite weapons looks to be heading for unsustainable levels. They won't need to be banned if you end up having to give five grand for an unconverted plain Jain 12.

I got my three at semi-reasonable prices and truthfully don't feel the need to acquire anymore at present. However, I'm not short sighted and realize that without new customers, vendors will move to greener pastures elsewhere and innovative new products will cease to exist. Those that remain will increase in price to compensate for lower volume and it's all downhill from there.

One guy I know has bought an S-20 because he liked my Saigas so much and another (who initially swore he'd never buy one) says he now will get a 223. He just loves mine. Can't say as I blame him. I do too. I told him to get it now.

I seriously hope sanity returns to the market at some time reasonably soon. Not just for my benefit, but for everyone's.

hey, all the bullshit aside - the saiga12 is a target in the legal community. whther it happens or not, meh.

I got mine.

i dont think the scare is that far off, myself....yeh its a bit outta whack, but it aint that outta joint....

get one and keep it. that is all i can comment on this subject.....

Just came from the Gun Show here in San Antonio . Walked in I spy an unconverted Saiga NIB being zip tied . I waited and asked the guy bring it in is he selling it ? " Yes. It's my brother's he asked me to sell it for him.". " How much ? ". " $1000.00 . ". I quickly moved through the place only looking for Saigas. Ah there's two . Both unconverted ... SOB .. $985 each. Even at that price both sold by the time I walked by the stall later . The few others at the show were being gouged priced from $895-$985. The same guys selling the two for $985 each also had semi-converted ( Folding stock , pistol grips ,and barrel shrouds from what I could see ) for $1295, and he several of those . At another table there was one with a telescoping CAR style stock , pistol grip , mag well , and a large muzzle break for ...the sucker price of $3000 ! :greedy: . Damn , looks like possibly the end of the affordable Saiga-12 . Hopefully NO BAN comes from the ATF study .

You missed the bargain EAA used uncoverted Saiga-12 for $750.00 last weekend!!

I was there as well and just so no one thinks ARCHANGEL was kidding...

post-4394-0-33774800-1301867711_thumb.jpg

Everything was "stupid" expensive. 009.gif Oh well... The seller probably sold it too.

JG

Well is obvious, that price tag clearly shows it come with 3 CLIPS :rolleyes: . In the gun world, always get what you can, when you can-if the price is good then grab it. I don't need a Draco, but I'm thinking about picking one up just because they're cheap right now. Picked up a PSL54C a year ago with no scope for about $425, Romanian kits back when they were $125 with barrels, my Yugo M92 kit was $2xx and some change. Doesn't matter if it's the firearm or the ammo, if the price is right, get it.

I went to a gun show here in Michigan today, only seen 1 Saiga, a unconverted 410 for 700.00, left and went to On Target in Kalamazoo, they had 2 410's for 499.00, a used 7.62x39 for 479.00(talked my uncle into buying), a .223 for 499.00, and a 5.45x39 for 499.00, that I bought to complete my collection of Saiga's, unless they make a 7.62x54 in the future....than I'll buy it for sure!!!! I remember when I bought my first Saiga....199.00 for a 12gauge!!!