Stainless guide rod - Glock

The Glock Factory says that it is not needed. On the other hand it is rare to see a competition pistol without one.

I am not a competitor any longer, but I have one in my Glock 20C I carry for work. It seems to smooth the action and I am running heaver springs.

I have a metal rod (and reduced power recoil springs) for a Glock that I only put in some of the time for use with some really-really light loads (around 700 fps).

For normal loads the factory ones have never given me any problems.

I saw the guide rod melt off in a G19 during 1000 straight rounds, but the gun continued to function even with it melted.

With that many straight rounds, the barrel most likely overheated and drooped as well. These SS guide rods are nice to have but not necessary IMO. You are not getting into a prolonged firefight with a Glock unless you are Jason Bourne or Jack Bauer.

haha, a firefight with a glock for 1000 rounds!!

youd either need alot of loaded mags, or be very quick at reloading. personally, i do not intend to put 1000 rounds through any of my firearms in one sitting, or at least, not as fast as i can pull the trigger. thats how you damage your weapons