A contender for the S-12 could emerge - Akdal MKA 1919

There is a lot more to Saiga 12s than just being a shotgun with a detachable magazine... and that's all this ugly thing looks to be.

Well, that and it looks to be a standard gas operated shotgun cross dressing as a AR15... ugh...

Dittto that. Of course I'm not an AR fan but I could guess those that are would like it.

Still be worth having at least one though. I'd buy it just to have one. Hope they bring it on soon, the

more mag feed shotguns, the merrier. Hell, it should be fed law that every family has to own a mag fed 12 gauge as a requirement of American citizenship. Wouldn't that kick the anti-gunners in the ass.

That would make me cry out of joy!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody should expend any effort to try and convince anybody that anything is "sporting." That's a bullshit unconstitutional rule that some pussies cooked up to restrict gun rights by getting some of

Cali_Armz: Go with the Saiga .308, I highly recomend it! I have other .308's and my Saiga is my favorite. The AK platform outperforms other guns hands down. In my opinion.

Contender my ass, that gun ain't got shit on the S-12

Posted Images

Hey there Mr. Saiga 12 purist, this is a pretty badass gun. Who wouldn't want the 2 most influential rifles in the world...IN 12GA!?!? It'd make a great addition to my exotic shotgun collection. A 12GA AK-47, and a 12GA "M-16." I get enough dropped jaws when I tell people about my Shotgun AK-47.

This thing is only dressed up like an M16... it's no more M16 than a 10/22 with an AR kit is. The S12 is an AK chambered it 12 gauge... there's no masquerading there. I'm hardly an S12 purist...its just that this thing just doesn't look very well designed.

Keep in mind the 'A' in AK stands for 'Avtomat'(automatic, or select fire). When dealing with others who may be ambivalent at best, call it what is is--a 12 gauge Kalashnikov. It piques their interest without so much threat. Unfortunately, many people in the Nation have become sheeple. Until such time as our rights are fully restored per 2A, we 'have to play the game.' Besides, if we can encourage those who are ambivalent or even borderline liberal to join us, we will be that much ahead.

Edited by EWOKETEER

Hey there Mr. Saiga 12 purist, this is a pretty badass gun. Who wouldn't want the 2 most influential rifles in the world...IN 12GA!?!? It'd make a great addition to my exotic shotgun collection. A 12GA AK-47, and a 12GA "M-16." I get enough dropped jaws when I tell people about my Shotgun AK-47.

This thing is only dressed up like an M16... it's no more M16 than a 10/22 with an AR kit is. The S12 is an AK chambered it 12 gauge... there's no masquerading there. I'm hardly an S12 purist...its just that this thing just doesn't look very well designed.

Keep in mind the 'A' in AK stands for 'Avtomat'(automatic, or select fire). When dealing with others who may be ambivalent at best, call it what is is--a 12 gauge Kalashnikov. It piques their interest without so much threat. Unfortunately, many people in the Nation have become sheeple. Until such time as our rights are fully restored per 2A, we 'have to play the game.' Besides, if we can encourage those who are ambivalent or even borderline liberal to join us, we will be that much ahead.

It's now more just a part of the name. An AK-47, whether Auto/select fire/semi-auto, is still an "AK-47." Therefore I maintain that my S-12 is an AK-47 Shotgun.

I haven't seen anything on it other than the mention in a Shotgun News write up, but ADCOR is hinting that they have something along the lines of a 12ga AR in the works. If you do some research on the company, I'd say it would be a very good build and is U.S. made.

So, no one on the forum should ever call any AK pattern weapon without selective fire... an AK? Riiiiiiiiiiiight.....

I understand where you're coming from... but thats a little retarded to take it that far IMO. I'm not going to stop using common sense for some rampant fear of the ATF.

We will also be torture testing one of these shotguns next week and will post pics & videos .

I can only hope that you can outdo the Russian's in the cheezy music from their Saiga factory torture test video :lolol:

The factory magwell, and AR ergonomics looks good....Does it have a LRBHO from the factory?

If it accepts AR grips, stocks, etc it could be a contender. The trigger group looks VERY Kalashnikov inspired from the exploded drawings.

Holy hell... They are selling for US$1000.00, Rs 48,000.00

I'll stick with the S12, thanks. Looks nice though, if the price comes down.

Edited by Heath_h49008

I plan on taking mine out in the next few weeks to do many tests. I have not had much of a chance with the move to tear it apart yet.

A few things I noticed with the one I received it came with 3 internal chokes.

The carry handle is removable with a full rail on top.

2 5rd magazines one for 2 3/4" and one for 3".

The bolt locks back when the mag is empty and has the standard AR bolt release on the left side.

I look forward to shooting it soon.

@Heath: the lower looks to be some kind of plastic, and is one-piece from the magwell to the buttstock.

No AR parts compatibility, and it looks like an 1100 in a bad AR suit. I can buy a new 11-87 for $700, and an 1100 for $1100. Or a 3-gun modified, used 1100 for about $300, but it needs a new barrel ($250-300).

I'll take a Saiga with $300-400 worth of parts on it, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Military Arms Channel just posted a video on the Marietta Machine Gun shoot, and a portion of it is on the MKA 1919. Thought y'all might be interested in it, as he does give some of his impressions of the weapon and you get to seem some nice HD footage of it.

The MKA section is around 10:28.

:smoke:

I'm not particularly enthused by it either, but I figured it would interesting for folks to check it's features out. That plastic rotating front site... ouch. I mean, weight savings is just a horrible excuse to have put that on there.

And yet again, our fearless S12 hasn't a thing to worry about. I figure it'll just end up a niche weapon. Just my 2 cents.

After what little I learned about the 1919 in that short video segment. As is, I'd say it isn't fit for much besides a range toy.

For me, just the FSB alone is a deal breaker, "Oops! I bumped the sight, hold on while I re-zero."

How tough is the plastic/polymer that is used for the FSB and other components?

Is a really high quality, tough as nails, glass filled polymer, or is it cheap shit that is going to stress, chip/break relatively easily?

Regardless, IMHO, it'll never be able to be torqued down hard enough to take any abuse, without stripping threads,

At least for the FSB, Krebs or another, could easily make a nice steel, bolt-on replacement.

I'm still interested, but have so many questions. Only getting one in my hands and some serious in-depth reviews and abuse by regular shooters will answer my questions.

Shit, that means I have to be patient and only time will tell :rolleyes:

Edited by ChileRelleno

I ran across this in another forum today...Tromix SBS MKA-1919... If its affordable, it looks pretty sweet, once some Full-capacity mags come out. :super: Lots of little parts tho :(

http://www.shotgunwo...hp?f=7&t=258307

-EnzNow

And if you were to go into the 'Akdal MKA 1919 forum included in these boards, you'd found that very same thread, and more :secret_smile:

the only way i would be interested in one of these would be if the price was lower than a SAIGA-12, or if maybe there were some type of quad-rail that you could buy for it, prolly eventually will, but for a price to price comparison so far from what i have read S-12=winner