Finished up my first conversion last night.

J8Iyn.jpg

FUCKYEAH! I've had my S12 for four and a half years and finally got around to converting it. Not perfect but not bad for my first foray into amateur gunsmithery. Still waiting on my Arsenal RPK style handguard and retainer. Hopefully I'll be able to test fire it this afternoon.

Edited by ozone_00

Looks like your grip is not sitting flush with the receiver. You may need to shave the grip nut or cut some threads off the bolt, if you have a DIY triggerguard. I cut 4 or 5 threads off mine and it fits perfect. Otherwise, looking good!!

So I took her for test drive today. First was a factory five round mag full of Federal slugs, ran flawlessly. Next was AGP 10 round with cheapo Winchester white box game/target/something loads. As I loaded the mag I saw "ULTRA LITE" staring me right in the face, much to my dismay. As expected nearly every round is FTF or FTE. A few times the trigger got stuck back, racking the bolt carrier corrected it. Still don't know if it was the rounds or the internals that caused it. A factory five and another AGP ten had the same results. Finished it off with another factory five plus one of Federal slugs, overgassed because I forgot to readjust the gas knob. Had one failure to reset trigger but otherwise ran fine.

It was probably a combination of the light rounds and either friction inside the gun or the profile of the hammer.^^ Shoot some more higher powered rounds out of your factory mag and it will loosen up as long as it is not your hammer. Sometimes the mags are what causes people problems.( spring tension or incorrect feed angle)

• 1 month later...

Good lookin conversion, Did mine last night as well, looking forward to showing it off soon, just waiting on a couple more parts to come in... cosmetic and bolt on so, FUNCTIONALLY the gun is finished, but she isn't dressed yet so I'm unwilling to show her off just yet.

Only problem I ran into with mine was the spaceing of the 4 rearward holes left from the trigger job in relation to the location of the holes on the ace internal block... had to wallow the back 2 holes just a bit but before I figured it out I stripped one of the screw holes so I'm gonna have to retap it... its holding strong with the 3 side and 1 top screw atm though so again, minor issue to fix down the road.

I know ALOT of folks talk about their conversions, and how it changes the whole feel of the gun, but honestly, till you do it, you just don't get a REALLY good feel for exactly how much the feel of the gun changes... I'm just amazed at the difference in feel and function.

Shroud is in the mail, front guard should be finished soon and headed my way too... after that its just weld on HK sights, strip the guts and mail to Pauly while the frame is in being duracoated.

Can't wait!