Steel Magazine Problem

I recently purchased one of these magazines from CSS.

When I took it out of the package I noticed some light rust inside the mag, and when i compress the spring and follower it gets stuck.

What I'm wondering is if I should send it back for a replacement or if this is an easily fixed problem ie. cleaning, disassembly/assembly.

Sorry for the noob question, but I don't want to try fixing it myself if this is uncommon for new mags.

Thanks for any help.

Cool, I think I'll give it a good cleaning and see if that helps.

I have always received great service from CSS, so I'm sure he'll be willing to help me out if that doesn't fix the problem.

Thank for the replies guys.

• 2 months later...

Follow up:

I was never able to get the first magazine to work properly, even after cleaning.

I contacted Greg at CSS and was told that any issues needed to be taken up with SGM tactical, the producer of the magazine.

After several emails back and forth with SGM I was told to send it in to them for replacement.

I sent it off, and received the replacement magazine which has the same problem as the last ( follower sticking about 2" below the lip)

I will be disassembling and cleaning this one to try and fix the problem, but if that doesn't work I will not be wasting anymore time on the mag and will count it as a loss.

Has anyone else ran in to any problems with the SGM mags from CSS?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks