Feeding problems

I have a S20 that I did a conversion on recently and got 3 factory mags with it. One 2 3/4" and two 3". One of the 3" mags feeds perfect but one of them along with the 2 3/4" hangs up a little. Hulls tend to point to far upward ever so slightly on the first round only. Once teh first round feeds, the rest work fine.

I was thinking either polishing the internals of the gun or some mag modification is needed. Something to make the ramp inside the mag angle a little further down.

Has anyone experienced the same problem? I'm using 15 rd bulk packs of Federal ammo btw, slugs and shot.

I have had problems with extraction when I use the Federal bulk packs. I think it has something to do with the claw not being able to grab the brass because it's kind of a light alloy and it is not heavy enough to produce the recoil necessary for the extractor to grab the shell and eject it. As for your problem, I don't think I have had feeding issues except when using cheap bulk ammo. Try using brass case shells for this type of gun. Also, make sure that you set the gas tube setting accordingly. That's the best info I can give. I think that would be the problem, but I'm not a guru so I can't be certain.

Edited by madjack