Cleo sign off??

One of my pending Form 1's, kicked back because in my address I abbreviated the state! Spelled out Road, etc, but put 2 letter state abbreviate... Anybody else have this ?

not on my form 1, but on my Curious and relics license form I got everything right except the exp. date of my debit card and they sent it back. after further study into what guns apply to the C&R, I just decided to forget it.

From my personal expirience a PD Chief can not sign, had it kick back, it HAS TO BE the Sheriff of the county in which you live. Of course were talking about the ATF who has probably changes their minds about 68x during the typing of this post. :angel:

Respectfully,

MCASSgt New River

From the ATF NFA handbook, page 36.

6.2.4 Law enforcement certification. As provided by the regulations, the law enforcement

certification located on the back of Form 1 must be completed and signed by the local chief of police or county sheriff, the head of the State police, the State or local district attorney or prosecutor, "or such other person whose certificate may in a particular case be acceptable to the Director."97 Examples of certifying officials, other than those specifically mentioned in the regulations, who have been found to be acceptable are State attorneys general, heads of district State police offices and certain State court

judges. Judges' certifications have been accepted if the judges preside over courts of general jurisdiction having original jurisdiction in all civil and criminal cases or the authority to conduct criminal jury trials in felony cases. Generally, State magistrates and constables do not have such authority. NOTE: no official's certification will be accepted unless the official has jurisdiction over the place where the applicant resides.

This doesn't mean that particular NFA branch inspector won't give you a hassle, as mentioned above in the previous post, but this is what the ATF's official position is.

Edited by KevinInNM
  • 2 weeks later...