100 Saiga 12s Lost in Memphis......

The pallets were located and they are on the vehicle for delivery. No explanation except we located them and they will deliver them today. This after being instructed by the freight company that "They are lost. There is no chance that we will find them. You are going to need to contact ATF." Maybe a call to the ATF was the solution to the problem. We will see.

• Like 3
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having ordered stuff from you guys in the past, you guys are plagued with shipping issues...   "postman took the shipment that contained your order to the wrong zip code hub" ....shipping took 3 we

The shipping manifest was packed in the box. Shipper has contacted ATF and we are suppose to be receiving a claim check. Would much rather be sending guns out to customers. We will post serial numbers

Yes. If you ordered and your card was charged, you will have the option to either receive a full refund or a Saiga 12 when we get our next shipment. If you want to wait until they are here and our cos

Posted Images

Two things,

First off, I live and work in the Memphis area so yikes! Glad they seem to be recovered!

Second, this story is very familiar to me. Most everything I have shipped in has an issue, regardless of carrier. I'm not gonna say it has something to do with the workforce here, but... the comment about the guy getting mad and going home early pretty much sums up the work ethic here.

Jeff-

The shipper has 10,000+ trucks and 30,000+ employees. This is our first experience with this shipper and hopefully our last.

Our company does over 10 mil annually in shipping and if we lost 100 of anything (tie rod tractor hydraulic cylinder) we would have their balls!!!!!!!!!

This is hard for me to belive this story. They must have been ripped off at the dock. It's an inside job.

One last thing: FIND A NEW FREIGHT COMPANY!

I doubt it was ever lost/removed from the shipper's yard. Some punk kid probably found out what it was, stuck some bogus info on the pallet to identify it as something else. And when they found out the kind of shit they could get into for selling stolen firearms, chickened out at the last moment and "Found" the shipment.

Very glad to hear that they seem to be found! As for shipping, you'll never find a perfect carrier as unfortunately no company can completely eradicate human error. The key is to find the most consistent one. However, I have no idea which one that is since I've had issues time to time with each.

Edited by Jeep297

Blah stuff like this is horrible, I wish I knew the name of the company so I could make sure I never deal with them or end up working for them.

Reminds me of a jackass move UPS did on me today. They handed off a box of ammunition to USPS.

With as must as UPS abuses USPS, I really have a sour taste in my mouth from them. I can't count how many times they've handed stuff off to USPS that they(usps) would normally never accept to ship.

The guns are here. Sorry for making this an issue when it turned out not to be an issue at all. When the manager tells us that the items are lost and we need to contact ATF, we wanted to make an announcement about it. There is always human error when it comes to shipping, which is out of our control. Our experience with other freight companies have all been positive.

The several customers that we talked to about the problem were promised that we would allow them to have the gun at our presale price even if it cost us more to get them in stock. The several customers who wanted their orders canceled, we have canceled their order and have either refunded or voided the credit card authorization.

We had a pricing problem from a distributor that we ordered 10 - IZ-108s that we got right after the shotshow and we ended selling them $80 less than we payed for them. There is always a risk that you take when you take preorders that the price is going to change, but as a retailer, we assume the responsibility of price changes if we take your money or your credit card information. Preorders are always a risk, but we assume all risk for pricing changes.

All the guns currently sold pending credit card authorization. If we have problem with the customers credit card information, we might have some available. If you would like to be added to the list, please email us to be put on the waiting list. The last blast we sent out about Saiga 12s, we received over four hundred calls a day for over a week and there are only five people here to take orders, so it slowed this down for everyone. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Shipping

We will begin sending tracking numbers out later today. If you made an order, you will be receiving a tracking number via FedEx or UPS.

Although i had some issues with shipping, nathan smoothed everything out, someone had busted open the box and stole all the accessories that shipped with the gun, but was too chicken shit to steal my s-12. I can understand MAA is swamped and once it ships from them its out of their control

Two things,

First off, I live and work in the Memphis area so yikes! Glad they seem to be recovered!

Second, this story is very familiar to me. Most everything I have shipped in has an issue, regardless of carrier. I'm not gonna say it has something to do with the workforce here, but... the comment about the guy getting mad and going home early pretty much sums up the work ethic here.

Jeff-

What`choo talkin` `bout, Willis?

Although i had some issues with shipping, nathan smoothed everything out, someone had busted open the box and stole all the accessories that shipped with the gun, but was too chicken shit to steal my s-12. I can understand MAA is swamped and once it ships from them its out of their control

Really? Someone busted open the box and stole all of the accessories?

You don't think that the box got busted open, and when they went to put the gun back into the box they just threw away all of the "shipping paper"? Since all of the accessories are wrapped in the same brown paper that everyone else uses to pack boxes with, this couldn't be a believable scenario?

I'm not saying that you're wrong or that I'm right, I'm just saying that I try to look at things from both sides and then think about what is the most logical answer.

It just doesn't seem very logical to me to steal all of the accessories, they aren't big-ticket items...

Happy to hear that it got straightened out in a somewhat timely manner but sounds very frustrated with all the red tape of the word Fire Arms involved. At first like many I was thinking theft, but at post #61 April 07 shipment found and on it's way. I am glad this story ended up on a positive note rather then one poster said, and I totally agree. Collectively we Saiga 12 Owners and enthusiasts don't need any negative press.

Lucky you didn't have to refer to the "Problem Solving Flow Chart :up:

post-19136-0-11727600-1302474433_thumb.jpg

• Like 1